Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 2200B/2915

tuxx

383 posts in this topic

im sure its great that you guys have macbook pros but this is still a technical forum and has nothing to do with macbook pro purchases.. and the fact is that the general majoirty of us are too poor to get a new macbook pro or just dont want to spend the money and must rely on community coded/supported drivers.. dont get me wrong, have fun with your macbook pros (hopefully 3rd gen :).. dont want a firebook pro :)) its just that a lot of the users here dont and they just want their wireless to work..

just out of curiosity, wasnt the "show" supposed to begin yesterday along with the 1000 screenshots? although i must confess, i also doubted the macvidia project but now my outlook has changed.. especially since np_ actually listened to the community and has released 5 builds of his beta driver.. this story appears to be taking a different turn. but if dlbogdan or tuxx or anyone else codes a working driver, hats off.

Oh... so all of you ppl want screenshots???? I don't remember anyone asking for any.... Anyway, i'm NOT working at the driver right now since i have some work to do at the office (i have to eat something!) but my pal Dan is doing some debug on it. Cheers.

dlbogdan if it works u have my respect : my brother owns a vaio notebook and that will be a big step futher if WIFI works. In my concerning a computer doesnt exist if u dont get wifi working specially when it's a notebook

i hate to bring up this topic again, but how about a pre-release? or an svn server or soemthing so that we can keep track of the work? Personally i'd love to see the source so that maybe we could help get this thing working...

um.. i dont really like to prejudge and i know that dlbogdan does not owe us anything here.. its just that i find it extremely difficult to believe someone who says that he has a working wireless driver (and has had it for a few weeks) but has not given the source to tuxx or atleast posted a screenshot (and im sure eating does not take 2 days) and also someone who claims to sign into an internet cafe every 2 hours. now if dlbogdan releases the driver, ill be happy to admit im wrong its just it doesnt seem all to believeable when you look at all the facts. im not brandishing anyone as a troll, just stating my opinion.

I've been trying to work on this in my spare time. I think it would be more benfecial to have a group effort. I think we should start a new thread and hide it somehow so only those that are serious about putting forth development effort can comment.

Uh, didn't this happen a few days ago? No offense intended as we all appreciate the hard work but so many people are hanging on deciding to buy different hardware as a solution and all we'd like to see is proof that this isn't some hoax used to string people along. Personally I suspect he's got a friend who's working on it and he's really not involved with development and if thats the case, cool. In any case, if what you say is true just posting what you've got would probably get a semi-working driver inside of a few days.

I'm comming home on the 4th of April. From there on, i'll be diggin' the bugs and posting my work.

I don't think it will ever support WEP encription however.. :blink:

... and also someone who claims to sign into an internet cafe every 2 hours.

I'm not signing in from an internet cafe! Oh and back in Italy i was using internet cafes but more often in weekends..

my brother owns a vaio notebook

AAaaah... very good choice! Although i always thought that if there is something better then sony vaio nb, it would be Apple nb.

... i know that dlbogdan does not owe us anything here.

You got that right!!!!

if u got it sucessfully working i will personaly paypal you 100$

Don't need it! I already got a job for which i am payed.

I think it would be more benfecial to have a group effort.

really?? this thread has grown really with insulting posts at my address ... anyway, nothing related to actually coding. Now imagine what would happen if i do post my work now. I almost lost my nerves with it, because of 10 reboots/min issue. I'm not talking about coders here... i'm talking about the majority of ppl, the greedy who can always think that coding it's just like playing need for speed. i am being helped by someone i trust,a friend ,by someone really good with networking programming, someone who actuallly makes money out of this.

So, .... why would i post this? For you to see that if your lucky that the machine doesn't reboot before ap connection and before opening a console and typing ping 192.168.0.1 <enter> ... and if your even more lucky you get a reply?

NOT YET MY GREEDY FRIENDS...NOT YET! if you can't wait for it then buy a Mac! If you don't want a mac but still can't wait for it.... then make it yourselves!

but so many people are hanging on deciding to buy different hardware as a solution and all we'd like to see is proof that this isn't some hoax used to string people along.

nope! if this is the case, then i suggest to assume that this is a hoax, feel better about yourself for just thinking that, and buy different hardware... like a real MAC for example.

... he's really not involved with development and if thats the case...

you are partially right! i build up most of this driver asking Dan for directions... by messenger. Now, for the moment only he is working on it...

EDIT: Just another thing: In my country i am known to test ppl nerves :P but in the end i always brought my words to binary :D

Salut!

*sigh* you obviously dont understand the idea of opensource development...

i dont care for a fully functional driver... i'm interrested in the broken one.. to findout whats wrong, to fix it and learn something in the process... and trust me i've experienced multiple reboot issues aswell... it doesn't bother me.

in two weeks i'll be finished with my exams.. and i hereby invite everybody truely interrested in coding a the ieee80211 stuff for this driver to drop me a PM.. we could host a website with a new thread for members and for technical work only.

A group effort really might help this project to actually get somewhere.

dlbogdan obviously thinks differently, but he's invited anyways :construction:

cheers,

tuxx

P.S. if someone feels like it, he can start setting up a forum or maybe a wiki on some website (maybe sourceforge's i can give you administration rights) already.

Hehe. You are truly something for yourself, Dumitru. For some time I have seen you for my inner eyes as a 17 year old, with babyoil besides the computer.

But a brief googling have surely erased the picture. And I like the new one a lot better.

You sure got a lot off attitude, and I hope you are up for it. Many brains are often better than a few, but...

I think you are looking for the aura of "The one which name not should be spoken"?! And if you really pull this off, your name would be almost there..

(Zip, lock, key tossed away :construction: