Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 2200B/2915

tuxx

383 posts in this topic

sorry but the driver released on the first post is still the latest driver since i have stoped working on this due to the lack of time and the incapability to install 10.4.3 on my notebook :D

sorry guys.. i hope someone picks up on this someday...

tuxx

Is there any way to install minipci card which that Dell uses in laptop with Intel 2200 b/g?

Did not search to much, but in theory it could go (although I have heard that some manufacturers have restrictions).

Is there any way to install minipci card which that Dell uses in laptop with Intel 2200 b/g?

Did not search to much, but in theory it could go (although I have heard that some manufacturers have restrictions).

It depends on your laptop. Check this website or other websites to determine if people have successfully swapped the mpci card in your laptop with another vendor's card.

IBM's bios, for example, prevents any "unauthorized" cards from working unless some hacking is done. I got an BCM4309 mpci card for about US$30. It works great with WPA encryption in OSX using 10.4.4 extensions and in Windows XP using Dell driver.

Tuxx, I've given up on the modifying the kernel. Its overkill like you said. It takes too much time, its way to complex, and it crashed every single time. It's like building a ferrari with a truck chassis. The two kernles weren't as similair as I thought. Any how, I want to help you with this driver. PM, so we can talk about getting up to date and trying to make it work. I'll be having alot of free time in the next week, so let me know.

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...