AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

swipii,

try my efi folder. iam not an expert but i had similar problem in the beginning. ive zipped my whole efi partition for you. 

http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/vY4NpyQK/file.html

had to put it on zippyshare because of file size.

maybe this will work for you... i hope so.

edit:

prelinked kernel

oh, ive made my usb installer like described on page 8 by XCiLNZ.

swipii,

try my efi folder. iam not an expert but i had similar problem in the beginning. ive zipped my whole efi partition for you. 

http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/vY4NpyQK/file.html

had to put it on zippyshare because of file size.

maybe this will work for you... i hope so.

edit:

prelinked kernel

oh, ive made my usb installer like described on page 8 by XCiLNZ.

did you get that "OSInstall.mpkg missing or damaged" error at welcome screen ?

did you get that "OSInstall.mpkg missing or damaged" error at welcome screen ?

no

oh hold on... that was my first trys.

in the end i ended up taking the amd-osx usb installer (v4) and replaced all the files mentioned by you.

Thank you antrance! 

But your efi got me only kernel errors with my prelinked kernel. 

:(

Or do i have to use your efi + your prelinked kernel?

what i have to do with the other prelinked kernel: immu..  do i have to delete it? 

Thank you antrance! 

But your efi got me only kernel errors with my prelinked kernel. 

:(

try my prelinked kernel maybe?

i always repaired permissions with kext wizard once i replace files between.

you can leave the other kernel as it is. just the prelinked one is important i guess.

What cheapish GPUs are working in 10.13? Going to need to get another :(

On another note I now need to reinstall Sierra because I broke it trying to get my GT 430 working in 10.13... Stupid mistake.

try this:

-remove the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext  from S/L/E 

- put lilu + nvidiagraphicsfixup in Clover/kexts/others folder.

- set SMBIOS version to 14,2 . then boot with Inject_NVidia option in clover.

Tested it with your prelinked kernel,

but alsways gives me kernel cache error..

than i deletet your bootflags .. now it dont say that

but guves ne errir at hpet: map device registers failed..

how did you build your usb installer?

as i said. i put amd-osx v4 on usb and replaced all the files mentioned on page 8.  once i had it installed i changed the kernel with bronyas kernel from my working sierra installation and ran kext wizard.

Yes i did this all the time. But nothing i tested worked.. i think it has something do to with kernel or prelinkedkernel.. thats what comes on every time in boot.. 

Can you send me your data from your USB Installer? @antrace 

So i can test with your Files to Install? 

Guest ricoc90

What cheapish GPUs are working in 10.13? Going to need to get another :(

Depends on what you think is cheap. My GT 710 (+- €45) works OOB in Sierra as well as High Sierra. No webdrivers needed, however since 10.12.5 Apple's devicepolicy changed so on some SMBIOSes (< imac13,1) I need to disable the board-id check or use nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext.

Yes i did this all the time. But nothing i tested worked.. i think it has something do to with kernel or prelinkedkernel.. thats what comes on every time in boot.. 

Can you send me your data from your USB Installer? @antrace 

So i can test with your Files to Install? 

well, i had problems when i only restored high sierra to usb and never even could get the installer to run. i also thought it was kernel related, but it wasnt i guess.

what files should i send? the whole data is too much for me to upload? its like 5gb or something. you can download download usb installer from amd-osx and go from there. just change all the files as described on page 8 along with my prelinked kernel.

Depends on what you think is cheap. My GT 710 (+- €45) works OOB in Sierra as well as High Sierra. No webdrivers needed, however since 10.12.5 Apple's devicepolicy changed so on some SMBIOSes (< imac13,1) I need to disable the board-id check or use nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext.

My GT-730 worked OOB too in Sierra and High Sierra only in Intel Hackintoshs (Asus P5Q PRO, P6TSE, and Z87/Z97 MBs).

Not working in AMD FX-6300 and Ryzen 1700X hackintosh yet !

• Like 1

Is there no way to create a USB installer with 10.13 at the moment? My issue is that I can create a regular Sierra installer and replace the necessary files with the ones from High Sierra but since I have a Vega 64 I end up getting a kernel panic before I fully boot into the installer. I'm also running a Ryzen 7 1800x.

The only other version OSX I have running at the moment is a VM with Sierra on it. Helpful for dealing with images but it doesn't allow me to clone a disk since I can't upgrade it either.

Edit:  Actually, I'm not sure it has anything to do with Vega. It seems to be erroring out at the "Waiting On IOProviderClass" line.

OGk6v4Q.jpg

Is there no way to create a USB installer with 10.13 at the moment? My issue is that I can create a regular Sierra installer and replace the necessary files with the ones from High Sierra but since I have a Vega 64 I end up getting a kernel panic before I fully boot into the installer. I'm also running a Ryzen 7 1800x.

The only other version OSX I have running at the moment is a VM with Sierra on it. Helpful for dealing with images but it doesn't allow me to clone a disk since I can't upgrade it either.

Edit:  Actually, I'm not sure it has anything to do with Vega. It seems to be erroring out at the "Waiting On IOProviderClass" line.

Put these kexts in your USB's  EFI/CLOVER/kexts/others folder

and make sure inject kexts is set to yes in clover .

USB kexts.zip

installing highsieera with the original  BaseSystem

1 download the high sierra installer on Apple Store 

2  instal on your usb with this command

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia  --volume /Volumes/usb

3  take  one prelinkedkernel  of one cheated highsierra amd installed

http://www85.zippyshare.com/v/n0n2aHIe/file.html

4 put you pre linked kernel on

./IABootFile/

/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/

5 install clover  and reboot  for enter in the installer

6 install the high sierra 

7 enter in Sierra for  edit the second part of installation

8  copy your prelinkedkernel for /Macos Install data/Locked Files/Boot Files/

9 edit the file /Macos Install data/Locked Files/Boot Files/com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-rootdmg-ramdisk auth-root-dmg=file:///macOS%20Install%20Data/BaseSystem.dmg</string>

for

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-rootdmg-ramdisk root-dmg=file:///macOS%20Install%20Data/BaseSystem.dmg</string>

10 reboot your system  and return the installation

11  enjoy with the HighSierra

PS
in the part 10  
                         on the first boot  error and reboot
                         on the second boot my NVIDIA gave black screen
                         on the third boot the HS installed normal

• Like 1

Put these kexts in your USB's  EFI/CLOVER/kexts/others folder

and make sure inject kexts is set to yes in clover .

Thanks. I didn't need it though. It was an issue with the Clover I was using, once I updated I was able to install.

I then figured out how to connect my drive to my VM so I could install Clover on the main install which I did. It boots to the OS fine, asks me my language then keyboard and networking. When I enter networking it goes to a gray screen for 10 seconds then black before it eventually reboots.  Does anyone have an idea what's happening? Is anyone using a C6H motherboard? If so, which networking kext do you use?

installing highsieera with the original  BaseSystem

1 download the high sierra installer on Apple Store 

2  instal on your usb with this command

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia  --volume /Volumes/usb

3  take  one prelinkedkernel  of one cheated highsierra amd installed

4 put you pre linked kernel on

./IABootFile/

/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/

5 install clover  and reboot  for enter in the installer

6 install the high sierra 

7 enter in Sierra for  edit the second part of installation

8  copy your prelinkedkernel for /Macos Install data/Locked Files/Boot Files/

9 edit the file /Macos Install data/Locked Files/Boot Files/com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-rootdmg-ramdisk auth-root-dmg=file:///macOS%20Install%20Data/BaseSystem.dmg</string>

for

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-rootdmg-ramdisk root-dmg=file:///macOS%20Install%20Data/BaseSystem.dmg</string>

10 reboot your system  and return the installation

11  enjoy with the HighSierra

PS
in the part 10  
                         on the first boot  error and reboot
                         on the second boot my NVIDIA gave black screen
                         on the third boot the HS installed normal

prelinkedkernel to share if none available??

Thanks for this excellent kernel which worked in bot FX-6300 and Ryzen 1700X hackintosh at 10.13GM(17A365).

The only one bug is unable to wake-up from sleep (blank screen) which means either Lilu/WhateverGreen not working or kernel need some modification for this issue.

Attached below shown desktop in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh.

[Edit]

I found the blank screen on wake up from S3 sleep issue can be fixed by loaded Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen.kext in /System/Library/Extensions instead of in EFI/Clover/kexts/other and OC to 3.6GHz in FX-6300 hackintosh & 3.8 GHz in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh.

These kernel & System.kext can boot to desktop in FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.13.0(17A405), but several bugs bothered me a lot esp. loss of copy/paste & wake up from sleep functions.

However there is no such a bug in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh.

So I need figure out why it occured only in FX-6300 hackintosh.

post-70188-0-84933200-1507379564_thumb.png

post-70188-0-82940000-1507379574_thumb.png

is there anything i can do to improve performance of my gtx 770?

iam using native drivers and dont inject nvidia ofcourse, but i need to use lilu and whatever green - else i get black screen on startup.

getting aroung 45 fps in cinebench, and it should be alot more i guess and some users seem to have it working. any hints?

regards

is there anything i can do to improve performance of my gtx 770?

iam using native drivers and dont inject nvidia ofcourse, but i need to use lilu and whatever green - else i get black screen on startup.

getting aroung 45 fps in cinebench, and it should be alot more i guess and some users seem to have it working. any hints?

regards

Do you have a spare drive to test with?     I ran the script and recompiled a kernel ( this is Bronya's Kernel not my own ).     It will only boot in single user mode but it has increased my Benchmarks.    They are much closer to my Intel based Hackintosh but the CPU is much higher.    My openGL Uningine benches gained about 20%.     I'll send it to you if you want to test on Nvidia.

Before Recompile.                                                                                      After.

post-1753549-0-71490900-1507395146_thumb.png post-1753549-0-37974200-1507395245_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-40044700-1507395847_thumb.pngpost-1753549-0-51130000-1507395289_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-15464100-1507395944_thumb.pngpost-1753549-0-67325900-1507395339_thumb.png

Okay, finally up and running after a lot of banging my head against the wall.  Big thanks to all of you for helping me out and sharing your files.

These kernel & System.kext can boot to desktop in FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.13.0(17A405), but several bugs bothered me a lot esp. loss of copy/paste & wake up from sleep functions.

However there is no such a bug in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh.

So I need figure out why it occured only in FX-6300 hackintosh.

I noticed you have the C6H. What are you using for your network? I found that IntelIGP.kext works for me but after a while it bugs and stops working.

Do you have a spare drive to test with?     I ran the script and recompiled a kernel ( this is Bronya's Kernel not my own ).     It will only boot in single user mode but it has increased my Benchmarks.    They are much closer to my Intel based Hackintosh but the CPU is much higher.    My openGL Uningine benches gained about 20%.     I'll send it to you if you want to test on Nvidia.

Before Recompile.                                                                                      After.

attachicon.gifRyzen High sierra Geeekbench CPU.png attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-07 at 9.29.30 AM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-07 at 12.39.23 AM.pngattachicon.gifRyzen Vega Luxmark.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-04 at 11.29.12 PM.pngattachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-07 at 2.43.40 AM.png

I have some Vega questions.  Certain apps seem to lockup my system such as Discord. Is acceleration currently bugged with some apps? Also, is there a way to monitor hardware, GPU or CPU?