Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

I have successfully installed Sierra 12.6 with updated Bronya Ryzen kernel with Clover bootloader.

I got Ryzen 5 1600 cpu, ASUS Prime B350-plus mobo and Radeon HD6850 gpu.

But I have issues with sleep and I can't make Adobe software work.

I tried both Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC trials and both crash on splash screen.

I found some temporary solution to this by removing some plugins from application packages, but it is a bad way really. Is there some other solution?

Please help. I can't find much info to this issue.

Greetings,

I are here using my Ryzen build to test Pro Tools HDX 2018 at a professional recording studio. It is recording 64 tracks at once with 32 playing back simultaneously. Appears to be stable with less than 5% cpu usage across all 6 physical cores and 6 logical cores.

The engineer is impressed!

Hello, how do I update to the 10.12.6 kernel. The system reboots after the ++++++++++++++++

Try replacing the kernel again and relinked kernel and then run kext wizard before rebooting.

If it doesn't boot try hitting space bar once and select: verbose, single user, debug kexts.    at root# = fsck -fy, at 2nd root# = exit.

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, patricia2626 said:

any 10.13.4 here

Yes but rhe newer kernel is at the kerenl development and testing thread.     You need to keep the 13.3 prelinked kernel for it to work initially.

Im in 13.5 beta now with a new 2700x and X470 mobo.    So it is doable.

15 minutes ago, ITAngel said:

Hey Gigamaxx is there a new setup for Threadripear guide or something I can follow that will use the GTX 1080 Ti GPU as well?

Do you get 10gbe working for AsRock Fatal1ty X399?  How about USB?

2 minutes ago, ydeng said:

Do you get 10gbe working for AsRock Fatal1ty X399?  How about USB?

I have not done the setup since my old Ryzen 1700 setup. I was going to attempt it this today and this weekend since my current setup is the X399 and I have dual GPUs GTX 1080 Ti KINGPIN and PowerColor RX 580 Gold Edition to start the project. XD

Edited by ITAngel

28 minutes ago, bbmatias3 said:

Dual gpus might be tricky!

Well I was thinking if I need to run one GPU to do the installation then to get the other one running. I would love to run my GTX 1080 Ti as my main GPU. =)

Edited by ITAngel

14 hours ago, ITAngel said:

Well I was thinking if I need to run one GPU to do the installation then to get the other one running. I would love to run my GTX 1080 Ti as my main GPU. =)

I would go with the RX 580 to set up for sure.   I used the 13.3 prelinked kernel for 13.4 and 13.5 because since 13.4 we can't rebuild the prelinked kernel unless you swap out a few kexts from 13.3.     Id love to see a thread ripper bench out in High Sierra.    The only benches Ive seen were for a 8 core model which was close to the 1800x but a 16 core 32 thread would be nice to see.

Basically for my testing Ive been using my pentium to do updates by swathing out the kernel and prelinked kernel then replacing with shaneee kernel and 13.3 prelinked kernel.   I use -s -v to boot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

I would go with the RX 580 to set up for sure.   I used the 13.3 prelinked kernel for 13.4 and 13.5 because since 13.4 we can't rebuild the prelinked kernel unless you swap out a few kexts from 13.3.     Id love to see a thread ripper bench out in High Sierra.    The only benches Ive seen were for a 8 core model which was close to the 1800x but a 16 core 32 thread would be nice to see.

Basically for my testing Ive been using my pentium to do updates by swathing out the kernel and prelinked kernel then replacing with shaneee kernel and 13.3 prelinked kernel.   I use -s -v to boot.

I see, I will attempt it and see but I only have the 12 core 24 Thread CPU 1920X which I can do a test using all 12 cores. 

So I am trying to boot with the image and all I get is a black screen nothing else. Using image from amd-osx.com high sierra v3. Maybe I have to remove one of the GPUs and boot with one only? Would it be maybe AMD RX 580 to do the install?

30 minutes ago, ITAngel said:

So I am trying to boot with the image and all I get is a black screen nothing else. Using image from amd-osx.com high sierra v3. Maybe I have to remove one of the GPUs and boot with one only? Would it be maybe AMD RX 580 to do the install?

Legacy boot or UEFI?

I can only get the USB to boot for V2 and UEFI.  Clover installed on hard drives never worked.

You don't have any usb problems?  Without native USB support, it just reboot on sleep.

The first time you boot to HS 13.3, it will flash the onboard AQC107 to have Apple device IDs.  You will need Apple drivers from it.

4 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

1800x compiles xnu kernel blazingly fast.  All done in a minute.  Way faster than FX8350.

Okay I was running UEFI so I was using the wrong settings. I am able to now see it boot using nv_disable=1 since my primary PCIE is the GTX 1080 Ti. Testing it with that first and then we go from there but now it get stuck and you get the circle with the stop command or the circle with the line across it. 

The line that has IOTimeSyncClockManager::interfaceMatched registered service, is were it is getting stuck there. This is using inject NV, and pre-configured  Boot options are. Boot Args:-v npci=0x2000 -radoff

If I use the -x command it will get stuck under RTC: Only single RAM Bank.  or it get stuck were it say HID: Legacy shim 2. 

Edited by ITAngel

2 hours ago, ITAngel said:

Okay I was running UEFI so I was using the wrong settings. I am able to now see it boot using nv_disable=1 since my primary PCIE is the GTX 1080 Ti. Testing it with that first and then we go from there but now it get stuck and you get the circle with the stop command or the circle with the line across it. 

You need to hot swap the USB to get round that. The error is the root device so as macOS starts loading in verbose right after the Clover lines from ApitoFix swap the USB to another port.

56 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

You need to hot swap the USB to get round that. The error is the root device so as macOS starts loading in verbose right after the Clover lines from ApitoFix swap the USB to another port.

I tried to do it but what happen right as soon it start booting, when it get stuck, and when I get the error but no luck. still get the error. and all I have on the back is USB 3.0 too on the system. I guess I am not sure when exactly I need to do the swap.

46 minutes ago, ITAngel said:

I tried to do it but what happen right as soon it start booting, when it get stuck, and when I get the error but no luck. still get the error. and all I have on the back is USB 3.0 too on the system. I guess I am not sure when exactly I need to do the swap.

Mount the EFI partition of the USB on Windows then and add the genericusbxhci kext into the Clover kext folder.