Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Shaneee said:

See the error in your screenshot referring to the IOKit Framework. Only the kernel is required. System.kext cleans up the verbose boot and logs and the frameworks are not required to be replaced.

thanks .. now loading but as you see in the picture now halt here and resets the pc...

DSC_0006.JPG

On 12/17/2017 at 5:58 PM, Arminecraft said:

Hey bb :D You probably don't remember me, I'm that guy who was in the process of building his PC a few months ago... well I have it now, Ryzen 1600 and a RX580.

I've been working with Windows for a few weeks now and I can't keep thinking how much better I would be with MacOS. I'm glad you recommend High Sierra as I was having many doubts about which OS I should go with.

hi.. can you send me your efi folder please? I have a msi motherboard.. thanks..

46 minutes ago, newer71 said:

here my efi folder . in uefi disabled there are files... with this files system reboot or halt..

EFI.zip

thanks ..

Try this, if it works you will need to change the clover graphics settings after you are in Sierra.    Mouint EFi and open config.plist remove nv_disable=1 in boot options and add Inject Nvidia in graphics section.

EFI.zip

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

Prova questo, se funziona devi modificare le impostazioni della grafica del trifoglio dopo che sei in Sierra. Mouint EFi e open config.plist rimuovono nv_disable = 1 nelle opzioni di avvio e aggiungi Inject Nvidia nella sezione grafica.

EFI.zip

Hi Giga.. My disk clone already contains the nvidia web drivers and I used the same card and the same configuration of the hack in i7 6700 signature .. So the gtx 480 should work with this config. I have uploaded last error before the video goes off but the pc keeps working with smbios macpro 6,1.. with smbios macpro 5,1 reset all and reload Clover..

error.png

Edited by newer71

4 hours ago, newer71 said:

Hi Giga.. My disk clone already contains the nvidia web drivers and I used the same card and the same configuration of the hack in i7 6700 signature .. So the gtx 480 should work with this config. I have uploaded last error before the video goes off but the pc keeps working with smbios macpro 6,1.. with smbios macpro 5,1 reset all and reload Clover..

error.png

Use MP 6.1 if it works?   

gIOScreenlockstate is right at the log in.

1 hour ago, Gigamaxx said:

Usa MP 6.1 se funziona?   

gIOScreenlockstate è giusto al log in.

it's something related to the graphics card that does not activate the screen. as you see it arrives at the macos login .. then kext, efi files, with this smbios are good. Only the card nvidia Gtx 480 not injected correctly but the kext nvidia are loaded.. nvdagf100hal loaded and registered......

Edited by newer71

2 hours ago, newer71 said:

it's something related to the graphics card that does not activate the screen. as you see it arrives at the macos login .. then kext, efi files, with this smbios are good. Only the card nvidia Gtx 480 not injected correctly but the kext nvidia are loaded.. nvdagf100hal loaded and registered......

Have you tried removing the web drivers and using inject nvidia?

On 10/22/2018 at 8:21 PM, Gigamaxx said:

Have you tried removing the web drivers and using inject nvidia?

Hello Giga .. I can run an AMD 7970 video card without injecting anything but I have not even changed nv_web = 1 and inject nvidia .. I just inserted the AMD card and .. pufff .. see the amd natively !!! .. but just a doubt .. I do not show anything in the USB information even if everything works ..

thank you very much my friend ..

Edited by newer71

5 hours ago, newer71 said:

Hello Giga .. I can run an AMD 7790 video card without injecting anything but I have not even changed nv_web = 1 and inject nvidia .. I just inserted the AMD card and .. pufff .. see the amd natively !!! .. but just a doubt .. I do not show anything in the USB information even if everything works ..

thank you very much my friend ..

Did I put GenericUSBKext in the clover/kexts/other folder?   That kext works great for startup but USBInjectallkext is a better long term solution.    Generic doesn’t show any UDB info but they all seem to work in default 2.0 drivers.    Check into the injectallkext fixes for long term solution.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:03 PM, Gigamaxx said:

Did I put GenericUSBKext in the clover/kexts/other folder?   That kext works great for startup but USBInjectallkext is a better long term solution.    Generic doesn’t show any UDB info but they all seem to work in default 2.0 drivers.    Check into the injectallkext fixes for long term solution.

Hi Giga.. usb peripherals only work mass storage .. webcam, usb-sata for hdd, usb wi-fi, bluetooth etc. nothing works

many thanks

Usb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! This is an incredible guide. First time nub over here, and plan to use Threadripper. I'll be using dual 2080tis and a 2950x, but I wanted to run Mac OS on it. Im using the Rig Zenith Extreme, 2950x, and dual 2080ti's (At boot I'll have one, I'll be adding the second later on), will those be compatible with this tutorial? Thanks so much!

Edited by Hunter Groton

• 2 weeks later...

Hey   Gigamaxx I finally got to install MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.3 on my 1920X Threadripper and Vega Frontier Edition. =) Started messing with it a few days ago. However I am wondering how can you go about modifying the about this mac section for the CPU and Graphic card type? Also how can I tell if the graphic card is running in GPU Accelerated mode? 

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ITAngel said:

Hey   Gigamaxx I finally got to install MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.3 on my 1920X Threadripper and Vega Frontier Edition. =) Started messing with it a few days ago. However I am wondering how can you go about modifying the about this mac section for the CPU and Graphic card type? Also how can I tell if the graphic card is running in GPU Accelerated mode? 

Thanks!

Give this a shot 

Also, for acceleration, you should notice in about this mac if your GPU shows the correct memory amount, And if animations seem smooth in the OS your accelerated. 

Also you can give this a try..

http://madebyevan.com/webgl-water/

18 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Give this a shot 

Also, for acceleration, you should notice in about this mac if your GPU shows the correct memory amount, And if animations seem smooth in the OS your accelerated. 

Also you can give this a try..

http://madebyevan.com/webgl-water/

The water effect perfectly with no issues Thanks!. Anyone here now how I can ensure the glover stay working so I don't have to use the USB drive? I tried many things but lag once i hit clover or does not show the mac drives unless I use the USB stick. Also why my Focurite Scarlett 2i2 audio get bad static and then go away?

It is weird clover is installed but I can only see the Windows or External Partitions/Drives and not the macOS one. 

Edited by ITAngel

On 11/14/2018 at 4:34 PM, ITAngel said:

The water effect perfectly with no issues Thanks!. Anyone here now how I can ensure the glover stay working so I don't have to use the USB drive? I tried many things but lag once i hit clover or does not show the mac drives unless I use the USB stick. Also why my Focurite Scarlett 2i2 audio get bad static and then go away?

It is weird clover is installed but I can only see the Windows or External Partitions/Drives and not the macOS one. 

For the drives did you try going into bios and selecting as option 1 the OS drive?

For the Vega card you should be using High Sierra.   Are you in High Sierra or Sierra?

On 11/15/2018 at 6:07 PM, Gigamaxx said:

For the drives did you try going into bios and selecting as option 1 the OS drive?

For the Vega card you should be using High Sierra.   Are you in High Sierra or Sierra?

I am on the High Sierra 10.13.3 only. I don't think is running as smooth as it should. 

• Like 1

1. Go to top tool bar and select Finder, scroll to Preferences and select Hard Drives.  This will show all hard drives on your desktop.

2. Open clover configurator app and Mount EFI.   Close the app and the open your EFi n desktop.  Right click on the Clover folder and elect compress.  Then you can post.

3.  Open IOReg app and then go to file and save.   find it in documents or wherever you choose to save it and right click and compress it then upload.

IORegistryExplorer.zip

Clover Configurator.zip

Okay Got the file but it only allow me to upload 10mbs and the zip file is 22.1. I will add it to my google drive so you can get it from there. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a_q4FuJRmJP25gh82H9cSMwXUcVEJ5Z5

Notes:

1. This is a fresh install.

2. I have not set or been able to set Clover to boot without the usb drive for some odd reason.

3. Performance don't feel smooth still trying to get it to be smooth.

4. Display are @ 120Hz and 1080p per monitor.

5. Audio can be tricky with Focurite Scarlett 2i2. Audio stutter and cuts off with static.

6. Default audio if you mess around with the output volume it start to mess up and loses complete audio of the system.

7. The about this pc of course dose not show the correct info but I think I can figure that out with some youtube videos. 

Edited by ITAngel

3 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

Try this EFi

EFI.zip

Should I delete the whole folder or just replace it?

***UPDATE 1***

I replace it but didn't delete what I had there. So far the on-board sound is pretty darn good now. I have not tested my External USB audio interface yet. Checking graphics atm. 

***UPDATE 2***

Got stock on the following line.

busy timeout[0], (60s): 'AppleACPICPU' 

After that looks like it continues to load and it go into a black screen nothing I can see after that. I have not let it sit there long enough to see what happen. 

***UPDATE 3***

Deleted the EFI folder and just ran the one you gave me. At the moment got stuck at initialize normal. 

After a little while got the same error. busy timeout[0], (60s): 'AppleACPICPU' 

***UPDATE 4***

I was able to make it boot by replacing it with the one from my USB drive that I had. So now it can boot without any issues. Now I have to work on the other stuff. So at the moment no USB needed to boot. 

***UPDATE 5***

Was able to play Bejeweled 3 and it detected 3D Ultra mode on it. Now downloading Tomb Raider to test and run the benchmark of it. I think as far as sound and 3D may be working now finally. Might not need to get into a i7-9900K after all. Unless I really want to as an upgrade to my current CPU but I could also grab a higher version of the TR4 CPUs out there. ;) 

**Okay tested Tomb Raider and it works great  not as optimized as windows but not bad for mac os. MIN FPS: 17.4, MAX FPS: 55.3, AVG FPS: 40.7 base on the benchmark of the game. 

Edited by ITAngel