Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

With my latest bios update it disabled x16 for nvidia cards on my mobo it only runs at 8x. I know it ran at 16x before because I made a video.

I was able to update to 10.13.1 on my intel machine i7 4970 with gtx 970 metal 2 was enabled!

I noticed it dropped some FPS in cinebench tho

My worked oob for Sierra but it’s an easy fix no worry

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>TPLINK T6E PATCH</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

gflSqgAAdSk=

</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

gflSqgAAZpA=

</data>

</dict>

I can confirm this works with Archer 1200, i managed to install the Wifi.

Thank!

One thing that is not working is then computer goes to sleep and try to wake it up, it doesn't work. If i use keyboard and mouse the comp doesn't wake up, if i press the power button it wakes up but the screen is black.

Any ideas?

I can confirm this works with Archer 1200, i managed to install the Wifi.

Thank!One thing that is not working is then computer goes to sleep and try to wake it up, it doesn't work. If i use keyboard and mouse the comp doesn't wake up, if i press the power button it wakes up but the screen is black.

Any ideas?

What graphic card are you using? What version on Mac are you on?

I’m on 10.13.1

Rx 580

Sleep works for me msi mobo

Hey Gigamaxx I have a quick question when I boot up my nechmarks are really good after a few minutes the benchmarks show very low scores less then half any ideas?

What graphic card are you using? What version on Mac are you on?

I’m on 10.13.1

Rx 580

Sleep works for me msi mobo

Hey Gigamaxx I have a quick question when I boot up my nechmarks are really good after a few minutes the benchmarks show very low scores less then half any ideas?

I have Radeon 7950 i'm on 10.12.5

In some cases, upgrading can actually cause more issues. I would imagine that the newer versions of OSx have lost innate support for the Radeon 7xxx series cards.  

i have an external hard drive with mac os for ryzen. when i need to update i plug my external hard drive to my intel machine and i have updated with no problems. i have to update fakesmc lilu and whatever green. not sure to be honest they should work 

• 4 weeks later...
Greetings.

Are there any High Sierra installation dmg images without being from forum.amd-osx.com?

Which I still can not solve.

In this case, this process is taught here. Only works for those who already have access to a MacOs. I don't, is there an image of this, made by the same process in some repository?

thank you.

Cheers.

Greetings.

Are there any High Sierra installation dmg images without being from forum.amd-osx.com?

I have this little problem https://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3352&p=34163#p34163

In this case, this process is taught here. Only works for those who already have access to a MacOs. I don't, is there an image of this, made by the same process in some repository?

thank you.

Cheers.

Yes this method works only if you have a Mac.

Greetings.

Are there any High Sierra installation dmg images without being from forum.amd-osx.com?

thank you.

Cheers.

This might work.    http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/330289-kealos-high-sierra-10131-v2-ryzen-amd-intel-installation-image-kurulum-imajı/#entry2544355

Greetings.

thank you.

Cheers.

Is it the image with Clover or Enoch?

Is it the image with Clover or Enoch?

I'm using both but that image comes with Enoch. And I tried others Clover of other flash drives I have. But not one of them goes beyond language selection.

I'm using HighSierraAMD.dmg from http://forum.amd-osx.com/app.php/bbdownloads/high-sierra.html

I've been able to install Sierra several times in this build. But that was when it was Sierra_V4 and using Clover from HZ.

ps. I'll read the links provided.

Anyway, can not you make an image of this process in flash drive? and make it available in DMG?

Cheers

Yeah! worked, but AppleUSBsomething bla bla bla. Isn't working.

It comes with npci = 0x3000 which does not work on my machine. I just changed that.

It turns out that only USB3.0 ports work with this "AppleUSB" warning, But at least I passed the selection of languages. I was able to install normally and still turn into AFPS.

But after being happy, I came up with another problem that I will have to look for who made this image to see what there is. Or maybe you can give me a light.

After you finish installing, it restarts the machine normally. On the Clover screen appears the USB + "Install Mac Os from" SSD name ". So far so good, I change it back to npci = 0x2000 and I'll get into the installation. The problem is that it gets stuck on the screen of ++++ ++++++++++++++++ I left for almost an hour and did not leave this screen.

Yeah! worked, but AppleUSBsomething bla bla bla. Isn't working.

It comes with npci = 0x3000 which does not work on my machine. I just changed that.

It turns out that only USB3.0 ports work with this "AppleUSB" warning, But at least I passed the selection of languages. I was able to install normally and still turn into AFPS.

But after being happy, I came up with another problem that I will have to look for who made this image to see what there is. Or maybe you can give me a light.

After you finish installing, it restarts the machine normally. On the Clover screen appears the USB + "Install Mac Os from" SSD name ". So far so good, I change it back to npci = 0x2000 and I'll get into the installation. The problem is that it gets stuck on the screen of ++++ ++++++++++++++++ I left for almost an hour and did not leave this screen.

That is usually the kernel not loading, it gets stuck.    If it installed it probably changed the kernel back to intel only compatible.    try the install uSB again but before you reboot install the AMD kernel and run kext wizard.   

try hitting space bar once, then if it stps at root# follow the prompt played out above the root# message.   

kernel_HS_ryzen_10.13.zip

That is usually the kernel not loading, it gets stuck.    If it installed it probably changed the kernel back to intel only compatible.    try the install uSB again but before you reboot install the AMD kernel and run kext wizard.   

try hitting space bar once, then if it stps at root# follow the prompt played out above the root# message.   

attachicon.gifkernel_HS_ryzen_10.13.zip

Hey, wait a minute. How to run kext wizard inside the install process? oO is it possible?

Hey, wait a minute. How to run kext wizard inside the install process? oO is it possible?

Did you say you got to the language window for the instal?   Did you get it installed completely?   Did you see the High Sierra window?

On USB installer you can add a folder with Clover configurator, kext wizard and add the kernel package.   Once you get through the install you can open them up and use.   Or make a separate usb with them to use once the system is installed.

Did you say you got to the language window for the instal?   Did you get it installed completely?   Did you see the High Sierra window?

On USB installer you can add a folder with Clover configurator, kext wizard and add the kernel package.   Once you get through the install you can open them up and use.   Or make a separate usb with them to use once the system is installed.

Yes I did get in the language stage. Pass it and install the "pre-install" in to SSD. So, no it's not complete.

I'm stuck in the pre-install. I think is some step I did wrong. I'm chatting with the guys who prepared this Raw image.

I am still running 10.12.5 with the old kernel! Is 10.12.6 or High Sierra more stable?

High Sierra works well, Bronya also made a 12.6 kernel that was great, you can update it for 12.6.   Check the Sierra kernel thread, sleep, Audio, everything was working before I updated to high Sierra.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325514-amd-high-sierra-kernel-release-and-testing/