Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Mount the EFI partition of the USB on Windows then and add the genericusbxhci kext into the Clover kext folder.

I open the USB drive and it has a AMD folder with more folders but the one that say Files.  Has the following, DummyUSBEHCIPCI, DummyUSBXHCI, GenericUSBXHCI, SPUBReporter, System, and VDC. 

2 hours ago, ITAngel said:

I open the USB drive and it has a AMD folder with more folders but the one that say Files.  Has the following, DummyUSBEHCIPCI, DummyUSBXHCI, GenericUSBXHCI, SPUBReporter, System, and VDC. 

Yeah that's for the post install. You'll need to mount the efi partition with diskpart to access the clover folder. That's where you need to add the kext.

8 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Yeah that's for the post install. You'll need to mount the efi partition with diskpart to access the clover folder. That's where you need to add the kext.

I see, I made a virtual macOS High Sierra so I can work easily modifying the USB. I will see what I can do once I am done setting it up. Might be easier to modified the usb. 

1 hour ago, yamahahornist said:

Hey does anyone have access to the testing kernel for 10.13.4? I have a 2700x and x470 Mobo and can't seem to be able to install 10.13.4; getting a kernel cache error when booting installer. Was able to install 10.13.3 though. 

Apple have not released the 10.13.4 sources yet so no kernel. It's possible to use the 10.13.3 kernel but you need to roll back a good few kexts so best stick with 10.13.3 just now.

Hello all, I have been here from he beginning with Gigamaxx and everyone who helped create this wonderful tutorial. I think we are all aware that certain applications, especially Adobe apps, such as Premiere and After Effects have been having issues. For me, Premiere Pro does not even open. 

Just curios if anybody has any input on this, or solutions? My main use is video work so those are pretty essential. 

Not sure if anybody knows but can we pinpoint this as an issue with the kernel? Is it just me?

Thanks for all your help as always!

• Like 2

On 4/28/2018 at 8:26 PM, motoxnate said:

Hello all, I have been here from he beginning with Gigamaxx and everyone who helped create this wonderful tutorial. I think we are all aware that certain applications, especially Adobe apps, such as Premiere and After Effects have been having issues. For me, Premiere Pro does not even open. 

Just curios if anybody has any input on this, or solutions? My main use is video work so those are pretty essential. 

Not sure if anybody knows but can we pinpoint this as an issue with the kernel? Is it just me?

Thanks for all your help as always!

On one of these threads maybe the kernel testing thread there was a link to a video showing how to rebuild the kernels using terminal by finding the error and then loading the app into terminal and commanding a rebuild.    I think they were able to get those apps working with Ryzen.

Edited by Gigamaxx
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Dergon said:

I have a Sapphire R9 380X 4GB Graphics Card. Is there any possibility to work?

What is the device ID?   It should work in Sierra and High Sierra but you may need whatevergreen and lilu Kexts.

18 minutes ago, Dergon said:

Ok thank you !!! I am a bit confused though. Is there any guide for doing the installation with a AMD gpu?As i understood its a bit different from this guide.

It should be automatic with native drivers,   Maybe select "rad deinit" in clover boot menu in the graphics section.   Use the latest clover it will be there.

Ok Thank you !!

2 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

It should be automatic with native drivers,   Maybe select "rad deinit" in clover boot menu in the graphics section.   Use the latest clover it will be there.

Oh and one more thing. Can i do the procedure for the installation with a VM? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 5:56 AM, Gigamaxx said:

在其中一个线程上,可能是内核测试线程有一个指向视频的链接,显示如何通过查找错误使用终端重建内核,然后将该应用程序加载到终端并命令重建。我认为他们能够让这些应用程序与Ryzen合作。

I'm sorry, but I partially encrypted the video, because some people in China use these technologies to do business and business activities. This is what I do not want to see. If friends need source code, PM can be sent to you individually.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hy.. my system Ryzen goes poweroff ( 10.12.6 ryzen kernel) giving me this error text .. I ask for help to solve this problem. I attached the photo of the error ..

thank you all for your cooperation

DSC_0003.JPG

Edited by newer71

18 hours ago, newer71 said:

Hy.. my system Ryzen goes poweroff ( 10.12.6 ryzen kernel) giving me this error text .. I ask for help to solve this problem. I attached the photo of the error ..

thank you all for your cooperation

DSC_0003.JPG

Is this a new install or did it work correctly before?     Try replacing the prelimkedkernel and rebuild caches.

On 10/18/2018 at 3:51 AM, Gigamaxx said:

Is this a new install or did it work correctly before?     Try replacing the prelimkedkernel and rebuild caches.

Hi Gigamaxx.. I have cloned with dd command the entire hdd of purely vanilla installation, after copy .. i have copied your folder ( ryzen kernel , framework, kext, clover.. and this is result..

many thanks.. 

24 minutes ago, newer71 said:

Hi Gigamaxx.. I have cloned with dd command the entire hdd of purely vanilla installation, after copy .. i have copied your folder ( ryzen kernel , framework, kext, clover.. and this is result..

many thanks.. 

Replace the Frameworks you copied with the ones from your Current system. The Frameworks aren't required from a compiled AMD kernel. Vanilla macOS frameworks are fine.