Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

thanks again Gigamax!!! using your efi and the scrips i get hdmi audio in both my 4k monitors and all audio ports work on my pc. all usb work even bluetooth from and back i have a msi mobo 

you just use voddo to make audio ports work??

when i use your System.kext in clover everything works good like i mentioned before the only issue is that i have 2 monitors but when it boots up to make one of them turns off(no signal in monitor)

when i use my old System.kext from my old clover i get both monitors to work again all usb doesnt show up in about and bluetooth doenst work again

this are my files system.kext and fakeSMC.kext

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-v6U5cirK6TZGtWOS1CUzl3QmM/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-v6U5cirK6TN29fcEtBaDZkWlk/view?usp=sharing

i fixed it i just had to use USBInjectAll.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from your efi to my old one. i also deleted all usb kext now i get full display on both monitors and i also used my old lilu an what ever green

when i use your System.kext in clover everything works good like i mentioned before the only issue is that i have 2 monitors but when it boots up to make one of them turns off(no signal in monitor)

when i use my old System.kext from my old clover i get both monitors to work again all usb doesnt show up in about and bluetooth doenst work again

this are my files system.kext and fakeSMC.kext

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-v6U5cirK6TZGtWOS1CUzl3QmM/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-v6U5cirK6TN29fcEtBaDZkWlk/view?usp=sharing

i fixed it i just had to use USBInjectAll.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from your efi to my old one. i also deleted all usb kext now i get full display on both monitors and i also used my old lilu an what ever green

Hey bbmatias3, should I put the System.kext in clover/kexts/others folder and Shaneee kernel to System/Kernelsl? I need only to add these two in my installed HIgh Sierra to make it work in my AMD PC right???

Hey bbmatias3, should I put the System.kext in clover/kexts/others folder and Shaneee kernel to System/Kernelsl? I need only to add these two in my installed HIgh Sierra to make it work in my AMD PC right???

I’m not really sure I use Ryzen so it might be the same when you extract the kernel what files do you see

It might be like this

Next, open the "System" folder on installer and then "Library" scroll to "Extrensions" folder and open. Drag the Extensions files from Kernel 16.5 folder to Installer Extensions folder tab. Choose replace option. Close Extensions folder tab when done.

Open frameworks folder on Installer and got to kernel 16.5 files and drag Frameworks files one at a tine to Frameworks folder tab. you should get replace or Merge option. Choose Merge option. Close folder tab when done.

Scroll to Kernel folder on Installer and open. there will be 2 kernels there, remove both top trash and drag the Kernel 16.5 kernel to installer Kernel folder tab, choose replace.

Next, scroll to PreLinked Kernel folder and replace in same manner as above.

Then you need to add efi

The Bronya kernel and system kext will boot all AMD ( within reason) and most Intel CPUs I'm using my Bronya/Rysen drive right now on my i5 6500 as I type.   I've also run it on my Pentium no problem.

The Bronya kernel and system kext will boot all AMD ( within reason) and most Intel CPUs I'm using my Bronya/Rysen drive right now on my i5 6500 as I type. I've also run it on my Pentium no problem.

I’m still wondering how I got my audio to work lol but thanks for your EFI file

• Like 1

The Bronya kernel and system kext will boot all AMD ( within reason) and most Intel CPUs I'm using my Bronya/Rysen drive right now on my i5 6500 as I type.   I've also run it on my Pentium no problem.

How about Atom?  I am considering an Atom storage server.  Too much electricity bill.

OK, I screwed up and fresh installed High Sierra again. Now everything is working out of box. Only issue is that now High Seirra is not booting up from the SSD Drive. I need to stick my USB installer to boot the High Seirra. I have used official Clover_v2.4k_r4243 to install it on the installed OS X in SSD drive and then copied full EFI file from USB to main SSD partition. Am I missing something? I have installed APFS version. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

By the way, I have setup the SSD in my Intel again. Wanna fix everything first in Intel again before I put it into AMD.

I dp not have APFS kext in USB drive, it is booting into clover when I am putting USB and loading it first and work perfectly including sleeping/waking. I have copied and pasted whole USB EFI partition into main EFI partition. Still can you attach APFS kext here so that I can test please?

I dp not have APFS kext in USB drive, it is booting into clover when I am putting USB and loading it first and work perfectly including sleeping/waking. I have copied and pasted whole USB EFI partition into main EFI partition. Still can you attach APFS kext here so that I can test please?

There’s a link in a post above, place it in Drivers64EFI folder in clover for UEFI booting and in Drivers64 for Legacy booting. You may have to mount the EFI partition on HS drive and drag your EFI folder to it. APFS can be tricky with clover.

Also, when you ran clover on the drive did you choose UEFI booting only?

There’s a link in a post above, place it in Drivers64EFI folder in clover for UEFI booting and in Drivers64 for Legacy booting. You may have to mount the EFI partition on HS drive and drag your EFI folder to it. APFS can be tricky with clover.

Also, when you ran clover on the drive did you choose UEFI booting only?

Hey Gigamaxx, no I unchecked the UEFI booting only and chose the Clover in ESP;

Bootloader > Don't update MBR and PBR sectors;

Clover EFI > Clover 64-bit SATA;

Drivers64UEFI > OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and PartitionDxe-64.

Edit: I have put apfs.efi file from official installer to both Drivers64 and Drivers64UEFI folders in EFI directory.  My Gigabyte motherboard for Intel i3 does not support UEFI, so I can't use UEFI booting right? Pleas suggest the best combination for my clover. please!!

Are you trying to install 10.12.5 or 10.12.6 ?

I think is 10.12.6, is there a problem with 10.12.6?

It sounds like you do not have the entire install file loaded on USB.    It should be about 4gb on the USB.   If its only mb then remake the USB installer and make sure the Sierra install app is in 'Applications" before starting.   If you open launchpad it should show up as well.    

I downloaded Sierra from the App Store it's about 4G in the Application folder, the version i think is 10.12.6.

I think is 10.12.6, is there a problem with 10.12.6?

I downloaded Sierra from the App Store it's about 4G in the Application folder, the version i think is 10.12.6.

You can try to make a USB installer but it will be quicker and easier to load Sierra on a disk and do the disk edit method.    For the USB installer anything after Sierra 12.5 stopped working for the installer method.    However this was with the 12.4 kernel now we have a 12.6 kernel which might work as an installer.    

Can you load Sierra onto a disk using a working Mac or Hack?    This is the easiest method.

Here is the latest 12.6 kernel package.    Just use the kernel and System kext and run kexts wizard before booting.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=262066

Info About System & Applications on Ryzen & Threadripper Hackintosh ?

Dear all of you trying the Hackintosh with AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper CPU. I really do not know your aim of building a Hackintosh with AMD CPUs. If it is just for testing, for fun or really FOR WORKING.

I am also very interested in a Hackintosh with the AMD CPUs (Ryzen or Threadripper). But, there is something that no one is really commenting about…

If it is for WORKING platform rather than just a mere test,

All who have tested either Ryzen or Threadripper;

• Can you please say if it is really worth choosing the AMD CPUs for Hackintosh?

• What are the pros and cons of choosing the AMD CPUs?

• What is working perfectly in the platform and what is not working perfectly?

• Mostly interested about the performance of Softwares… (Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash, Premiere, Lightroom & Final Cut Pro & Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) & Fonts Applications & All other common small applications that we daily use (Safari, Mail, Skype, Messages, Zip/Rar applications, etc…)

>> About the softwares… Do they work perfectly on a click? Do they Crash? Or they cannot be launched at all, because it is on AMD?

Because all the people trying here, never gives a feedback well about what is working and what is not. That would be a great help in deciding to choose or not the AMD CPU for Hackintosh.

I hope I am not offending anyone. I am really interested in the feedback of the users who tried AMD RYZEN / THREADRIPPER, clearly pointing out what is working and what is not.

Because a Hackintosh for working is very different when you are building one as a daily working tool. I hope you understand my kind request…

Thanks

Info About System & Applications on Ryzen & Threadripper Hackintosh ?

Dear all of you trying the Hackintosh with AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper CPU. I really do not know your aim of building a Hackintosh with AMD CPUs. If it is just for testing, for fun or really FOR WORKING.

I am also very interested in a Hackintosh with the AMD CPUs (Ryzen or Threadripper). But, there is something that no one is really commenting about…

If it is for WORKING platform rather than just a mere test,

All who have tested either Ryzen or Threadripper;

• Can you please say if it is really worth choosing the AMD CPUs for Hackintosh?

• What are the pros and cons of choosing the AMD CPUs?

• What is working perfectly in the platform and what is not working perfectly?

• Mostly interested about the performance of Softwares… (Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash, Premiere, Lightroom & Final Cut Pro & Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) & Fonts Applications & All other common small applications that we daily use (Safari, Mail, Skype, Messages, Zip/Rar applications, etc…)

>> About the softwares… Do they work perfectly on a click? Do they Crash? Or they cannot be launched at all, because it is on AMD?

Because all the people trying here, never gives a feedback well about what is working and what is not. That would be a great help in deciding to choose or not the AMD CPU for Hackintosh.

I hope I am not offending anyone. I am really interested in the feedback of the users who tried AMD RYZEN / THREADRIPPER, clearly pointing out what is working and what is not.

Because a Hackintosh for working is very different when you are building one as a daily working tool. I hope you understand my kind request…

Thanks

For me Ryzen is stable with every app Microsoft office etc

It would either work or not so apps open fine

My rx 480 works great haven’t tested any gpu intensive apps

Nvidia cards don’t work good( they throttle for some reason)

On intel machine everything works great

I have a gtx 970 and works great

It depends if you want super good functionality maybe intel is the way to go (for you)

Ryzen is super stable and works great but there is still some functionality problems with gpu so amd is the only way to go

If anyone can put some feedback that would be great

Hey Gigamaxx I’m having a minor issue. I set the timer on clover to auto start my Sierra hard drive but for some reason it doesn’t work. I have to manually use my keyboard to select the hard drive and boot it up any suggestions ?!

Hey Gigamaxx I’m having a minor issue. I set the timer on clover to auto start my Sierra hard drive but for some reason it doesn’t work. I have to manually use my keyboard to select the hard drive and boot it up any suggestions ?!

Post your config.plist.