[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Well done :

But i had an issue after upgraded the new apfs.efi DP4 driver , i had remove it and put the first apfs efi driver i used before and all works fine

I post here my radeon seetings : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312582-amd-polaris-ids-on-sierra-high-sierra/page-32?do=findComment&comment=2477008

In fact the problem with the apfs.efi driver DP4 was after the first reboot : i had the same issue as LuCyr04 reported.    

what is the Radeon card?

I did thought for this good one an perhaps a mistake i made after watching on TV the Apple WWDC where was related the support for Amd Radeon on High Sierra, yes there is a support but not full OOB support at my sens. ^_^

• Like 1

I did thought for this good one an perhaps a mistake i made after watching on TV the Apple WWDC where was related the support for Amd Radeon on High Sierra, yes there is a support but not full OOB support at my sens. ^_^

This is a new model  :D

I think no body have testing this card

http://www.hardware.fr/news/15117/nvidia-lance-geforce-gt-1030.html

• Like 1

This is a new model  :D

I think no body have testing this card

http://www.hardware.fr/news/15117/nvidia-lance-geforce-gt-1030.html

I readed too reviews about GT 1030 which will come to position itself in front of the recent Radeon RX 550 :

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gt-1030-2gb,5110.html ( english )

http://www.tomshardware.fr/articles/test-gt-1030-nvidia-gigabyte,1-64661.html ( french  )

But as you related no testing in hacks yet now but seems to be a good middle entry level GPU Polaris 12 more effeicient than GT710.

I readed too reviews about GT 1030 which will come to position itself in front of the recent Radeon RX 550 :

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gt-1030-2gb,5110.html ( english )

http://www.tomshardware.fr/articles/test-gt-1030-nvidia-gigabyte,1-64661.html ( french  )

But as you related no testing in hacks yet now but seems to be a good middle entry level GPU more effeicient than GT710.

Yes exactly Thanks :)

I can not like what you said because I passe my Quota of like for a Day :P

I stop to discuss about that because its little bit  of topic, if you want you can pm me

thank you Loloflat6

• Like 1

I don't think they will have native support at least not until Apple makes a new computer with SkyLake X processor which is highly unlikely because they just created iMac Pro with xeon processors and for the patches developers know better if that's possible I don't know about that.

According to @Pike there is support for SkyLake X processors and with the confirmation from @surfinchina and other members that have installed macOS High Sierra on their x299 hacks, so I will stand corrected on the post I made earlier ;)

more info at: 

Support for Skylake X found in High Sierra DP-X

• Like 1

Yes, I tried it out but couldn't get web drivers to work as it seems to be with all Pascal cards at the moment. It works great in Sierra and is a fine card in general, in my opinion the best budget card Nvidia has ever made. And I hope so much (literally praying!) that Apple won't force me to buy some of those heavily overpriced AMD cards to get graphics acceleration in High Sierra :)

• Like 1

Yes, I tried it out but couldn't get web drivers to work as it seems to be with all Pascal cards at the moment. It works great in Sierra and is a fine card in general, in my opinion the best budget card Nvidia has ever made. And I hope so much (literally praying!) that Apple won't force me to buy some of those heavily overpriced AMD cards to get graphics acceleration in High Sierra :)

Overpriced AMD cards, on average a AMD card at equal performance is almost 40% less cost.

Overpriced AMD cards, on average a AMD card at equal performance is almost 40% less cost.

:) I knew it wouldn't take long... This is totally off topic but... For example: RX550 and GT 1030 perform equally (the 1030 is a bit faster...), but the RX550 costs around 20 Euros more (80 vs 60 Euros), over 30 percent difference! If you add electricity costs it gets it even worse. And you could do that for mid and high range cards as well.   

• Like 1

Thank you for the infos

Very good to know  B)

hi,can someone help me?usb installer high Sierra beta -createinstallmedia -I have this error.

my efi folder  boot ok with high Sierra dp4 (core install hfs).

yet piker alpha script , how update dp4 to dp5. I have error (no install) 

regards

post-551987-0-43262400-1502443465_thumb.jpg

hi,can someone help me?usb installer high Sierra beta -createinstallmedia -I have this error.

my efi folder  boot ok with high Sierra dp4 (core install hfs).

yet piker alpha script , how update dp4 to dp5. I have error (no install) 

regards

I haven't been able to install DP5 either.  It may be that we both have HP laptops.  It may be something else.  But lots of people have had problems with DP5 that they did not have with previous versions of High Sierra.  BTW, when I try to boot the DP5 installer, I get just past where your system hangs.  Mine doesn't hang, it loops the same error over and over.  I won't worry about this unless I have the same problem with the next DP as well.

I haven't been able to install DP5 either.  It may be that we both have HP laptops.  It may be something else.  But lots of people have had problems with DP5 that they did not have with previous versions of High Sierra.  BTW, when I try to boot the DP5 installer, I get just past where your system hangs.  Mine doesn't hang, it loops the same error over and over.  I won't worry about this unless I have the same problem with the next DP as well.

@mnfesq  I have a HP Probook laptop and I used startosinstall

This is Apple's new way to deploy MacOS or Upgrade

I never have issue on that way in my Probook

Its the new tool inside the Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app

name is startosinstall

Your just need a Blank SSD formate in HFS+J (Mac OS Extended journaled / Guid table) before starting the tools

Make sure you have Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app in your Applications 

Working with BETA4, BETA 5, PBETA3, PBETA4

Working for Internal or External Drive

Command for APFS

"/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall" --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app" --converttoapfs YES --volume /Volumes/USB --rebootdelay 30 --nointeraction

Command for HFS+J

"/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall" --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app" --converttoapfs NO --volume /Volumes/USB --rebootdelay 30 --nointeraction

USB is the volumes, You can change he name of the volume

Usage: startosinstall

⬇︎

Usage: startosinstall --applicationpath <install macOS.app

path>

Arguments

--applicationpath, a path to copy of the OS installer

application to start

the install with.

--license, prints the user license agreement only.

--agreetolicense, agree to license the license you printed

with --license.

--rebootdelay, how long to delay the reboot at the end of

preparing. This

delay is in seconds and has a maximum of 300 (5 minutes).

--pidtosignal, Specify a PID to which to send SIGUSR1 upon

completion of the

prepare phase. To bypass "rebootdelay" send SIGUSR1 back

to startosinstall.

--converttoapfs, specify either YES or NO on if you wish

to convert to APFS.

If you do not specify this, the default is YES.--usage,

prints this message.

Its verry fast, when its finish you have to clic Terminate 

Reboot

⬇︎

page3i10.jpg

Alternate you can see my sig , My Hackintosh Stuff programme I made is MACOSXInstaller do the job verry good

• Like 7

name is startosinstall

Your just need a Blank SSD formate in HFS+J (Mac OS Extended journaled / Guid table) before starting the tools

Command for APFS

"/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall" --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app" --converttoapfs YES --volume /Volumes/USB --rebootdelay 30 --nointeraction

Command for HFS+J

"/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall" --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app" --converttoapfs NO --volume /Volumes/USB --rebootdelay 30 --nointeraction

⬇︎

path>

Arguments

application to start

the install with.

with --license.

preparing. This

completion of the

to startosinstall.

to convert to APFS.

prints this message.

Reboot

⬇︎

page3i10.jpg

Alternate you can see my sig , My Hackintosh Stuff programme I made is MACOSXInstaller do the job verry good

hi Cris, i downloads Install macOS High Sierra Beta now but recive error on terminal if copy your command line on my USB

hi Cris, i downloads Install macOS High Sierra Beta now but recive error on terminal if copy your command line on my USB

You have a wrong copy

chek the exact syntax

Maybe the name of volume not good?

Not for a usb key of 8 or 16 gig its for a Volumes (SSD OR HD ) Internal or External

See usage: startosinstall

You have a wrong copy

chek the exact syntax

Maybe the name of volume not good?

Not for a usb key of 8 or 16 gig its for a Volumes (SSD OR HD ) Internal or External

See usage: startosinstall

I'm sorry but with terminal..........

i have this directory

r$ /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app

the usb name is USB

the syntax is...........

name is startosinstall

Command for APFS

Command for HFS+J

⬇︎

path>

Arguments

application to start

the install with.

with --license.

preparing. This

completion of the

to startosinstall.

to convert to APFS.

prints this message.

Reboot

⬇︎

page3i10.jpg

Is this to install or to make a installer USB? Seems to me its to install.

Is this to install or to make a installer USB? Seems to me its to install.

Is for Install (Deploy)

I'm sorry but with terminal..........

i have this directory

r$ /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app

the usb name is USB

the syntax is...........

Your command its not good thats why you have an error

Why your not try to copy and paste the command