[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Both of my systems now will not install High Sierra dev beta 6.

I either get firmware error or OSInstall error.

I have tried with and without ff and ffm with clover 4169. No EmuVariableUefi and no nvram.

I will continue testing and add more reports.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

@Sherlocks, @PMhearts, @cyberdevs

Beta 6 update, succeed:

With r4169, FF and FFM in config.plist, new BIOS and Date version, I can't update to Beta 6. Panic cpu on second reboot.

I have to put KernelIvyXCPM=false and Kernelpm=false and AppleIntelCPUPM=true in order to continue the installation. When is finish, I can reselect KernelIvyXCPM=true and Kernelpm=true. And AppleIntelCPUPM=false

• Like 2

Both of my systems now will not install High Sierra dev beta 6.

I either get firmware error or OSInstall error.

I have tried with and without ff and ffm with clover 4169. No EmuVariableUefi and no nvram.

I will continue testing and add more reports.

how weird!

how weird!

Yes it is strange. I'm using a usb 3.0 stick with createinstallmedia method, install clover then add my files.

I'll revise my config.plist again and keep trying

• Like 1

Yes it is strange. I'm using a usb 3.0 stick with createinstallmedia method, install clover then add my files.

I'll revise my config.plist again and keep trying

I'm sure that you overlooked something in the config.plist

I'm installing the new release on my skylake machine on a usb 3.0 hdd and no firmware or OSInstall.mpkg error

However after the first reboot system couldn't recognize any usb bootable device so I had to go to bios and after exiting the bios they apeared in the uefi boot menu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm installing the new release on my skylake machine on a usb 3.0 hdd and no firmware or OSInstall.mpkg error

However after the first reboot system couldn't recognize any usb bootable device so I had to go to bios and after exiting the bios they apeared in the uefi boot menu

Strange. I didn't test your config.plist yet. Could it simply be that CC has added the word hack?

Strange. I didn't test your config.plist yet. Could it simply be that CC has added the word hack?

I'm not entirely sure about the "Hacked" thingy that the new CC adds to the config.plist and to be honest I don't like it, neither the new version of cc it's so buggy.

I will post my EFI folder one the installation is done.

Hi there. Have any of you guys seen new support added for polaris12 (rx550) in latest DP? Its probably not / no.

From 2 months ago:

​> There is no 699F device ID in the kexts to allow Polaris 12 work in Mac OS.

​I just ask because the polaris12 has fewer CUs than rx460. So when we tried to spoof it today (on sierra 12.6) to be rx460, it just hard resets during boot time. Maybe its trying to address processing units which are not there, and then crashes.

Anyhow this is not a problem for me. Just thought to ask while still have the card in hands. In few days / couple of weeks I will return this card back to retailer anyhow due to fan noise issue / coil whine. And then revert back to passive gt1030 instead.

​What confused me was I bought this card (not checking carefuly!), just assuming it was already supported. Since a lot earlier on there was a news finding stuff like Polaris12 id in kexts:

https://forums.appleinsider.com/discussion/197513/trio-of-new-amd-gpu-references-for-possible-mac-refresh-found-in-latest-macos-sierra-beta

​Ah well. :lol:

Guest ricoc90

Update went without problems on my Optiplex 790  :) 

Image%202017-08-15%20at%201.17.05%20PM.p

@Sherlocks: Other than the usual handoff patch for the ASUS BT400 Bluetooth dongle I don't need a patch if using PCI ID 41e4,4331

The card will be recognized as third party but handoff, Hack-to-iPhone AirDrop, Instant Hotspot et cetera is working  ^_^

To make the card show up as AirPort Extreme, find: 6b100000 750d -> replace: 6b100000 9090 is still valid.

By the way:

BCM4352-fvco, (credit Sherlocks based on the-darkvoid original)
com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC-MFG
81ff52aa 000074c4
81ff52aa 00006690

is not valid. Assuming it should be 81ff52aa 000074b4?

Schermafbeelding%202017-08-15%20om%2013.

I'm not entirely sure about the "Hacked" thingy that the new CC adds to the config.plist and to be honest I don't like it neither the new version of cc it's so buggy.

I will post my EFI folder one the installation is done.

Installing now on desktop. Kept changes from @xtddd but I also noticed I still had EmuVariableUefi on usb stick .

Laptop still needs looking at.