[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

What is your ffm ff?

FirmwareFeature: 0xE907F537
FirmwareFeatureMask : 0xFFFFFFFF
PlatformFeature: 0xFFFF

FYI, I'm using MBP10,1 SMBios, Clover Legacy w.o rc.script.

Plz note, that Datas above are from Clover r4170 (with ROM Release Date: 08/08/2017) << Post-Install from macHDD.

On Pre-install via USB with createinstallmedia >>

Using Clover r4167 with 07/27/2017 (provided by CC v4.47.1) I have no "OSInstall.mpkg error.", but on 2nd stage I got these awesome error message:

"macOS could not be installed on your computer:

An error occurred while verifying firmware"."

And then I repeat the process after manually updating r4169 with 08/08/2017 on SMBios, unfortunately "OSInstall.mpkg error" was back again.

So, my complete setup has done using partition to partition install method. Thanks.

i am confused that why nvidia quadro 1000m has no QE/CI on high sierra. i test hs pb1.

So am I, if I have such graphics though.. I still can't get a clear answer about ur question. As we've known since last year Ap*ple && nVd*ia have "break up" and yeah,

I don't wanna speculate too much.. simply ask them. Sorry.. my GF119 is also not so good since Sierra  :) and I got it.

post-826765-0-85268700-1502810397_thumb.jpg

FirmwareFeature: 0xE907F537
FirmwareFeatureMask : 0xFFFFFFFF
PlatformFeature: 0xFFFF

FYI, I'm using MBP10,1 SMBios, Clover Legacy w.o rc.script.

Plz note, that Datas above are from Clover r4170 (with ROM Release Date: 08/08/2017) << Post-Install from macHDD.

On Pre-install via USB with createinstallmedia >>

Using Clover r4167 with 07/27/2017 (provided by CC v4.47.1) I have no "OSInstall.mpkg error.", but on 2nd stage I got these awesome error message:

"macOS could not be installed on your computer:

An error occurred while verifying firmware"."

And then I repeat the process after manually updating r4169 with 08/08/2017 on SMBios, unfortunately "OSInstall.mpkg error" was back again.

So, my complete setup has done using partition to partition install method. Thanks.

So am I, if I have such graphics though.. I still can't get a clear answer about ur question. As we've known since last year Ap*ple && nVd*ia have "break up" and yeah,

I don't wanna speculate too much.. simply ask them. Sorry.. my GF119 is also not so good since Sierra  :) and I got it.

on 4169, already has latest biosversion 08/08/2017. no need to manually add until release dp7. clover choice latest biosversion between clover data and users smbios data.
ofc user add biosversion, but already same values in clover data.
i think sandy and ivy smbios or other smbios dont need exact ffm ff values.

EDIT1.
i do not understand.
fresh install
- nop?
upgrade install
- problem?

EDIT1.

i do not understand.
fresh install
- nop?
upgrade install
- problem?

Oops, sorry forgot to mention: I did clean install DP6 with run "OSInstall.mpkg" from a working 10.11.6 and selected an empty HFS+ as 10.13 target partition.

But, I may try again with USB Installer method tomorrow and let see if "An error occurred while verifying firmware" message is still there  :rolleyes: Thanks again.

Oops, sorry forgot to mention: I did clean install DP6 with run "OSInstall.mpkg" from a working 10.11.6 and selected an empty HFS+ as 10.13 target partition.

But, I may try again with USB Installer method tomorrow and let see if "An error occurred while verifying firmware" message is still there :rolleyes: Thanks again.

After sucess install, upload full log.

Now. Im gathering info for resolve issue.

Thanks in advance.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

@Badruzeus Where did you find the OSInstall.mpkg? (where does App Store save it after update download is complete?)

EDIT: Actually meant macOSUPd10.13.pkg (not OSInstall.mpkg) and it gets saved to /Library/Updates. If this update fails again, will try running it from other partition lol

post-838036-0-75214900-1502824971_thumb.png

EDIT: After downloading the update again in App Store, the update process worked normally. Must have been that the prior update files were corrupt or something like that

• Like 1

@Badruzeus Where did you find the OSInstall.mpkg? (where does App Store save it after update download is complete?)

/"Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app"/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg

(But sorry, I don't recommend this if USB Install method with createinstallmedia just works).

/"Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app"/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg

(But sorry, I don't recommend this if USB Install method with createinstallmedia just works).

Well, I have old High Sierra Beta.app.. How do I force update the app? Should I delete it and download again? I'm gonna try the Appstore update again, but I doubt it will work. Tried everything, latest clover, changed SMBIOS values (FF, FFM, Bios version && Bios Date), even used configs from this thread.. nothing works, always stuck at the OSInstall.mpkg error..

Also, yeah. If I already download the app, it doesn't make much sense to not create the installer.

Well, I have old High Sierra Beta.app.. How do I force update the app? Should I delete it and download again? I'm gonna try the Appstore update again, but I doubt it will work. Tried everything, latest clover, changed SMBIOS value, even used configs from this thread.. nothing works, always stuck at the OSInstall.mpkg error..

I think it depends on ur mach specs (where's ur clear signature?). The update mechanism may varies and also the results, and since it's still on Beta stage; Apple may change a lots on each seed. For my mach however it sometimes gotta succeeded with just an update via AppStore, but another time it failed so I did clean install.

For "OSInstall.mpkg" error was an issue since 10.13 DP1 but you may try using Clover w/o rc.script, or w/o Emuvariable (UEFI). Good luck.  :)

• Like 1

For "OSInstall.mpkg" error was an issue since 10.13 DP1 but you may try using Clover w/o rc.script, or w/o Emuvariable (UEFI). Good luck.  :)

First time I run into it. Was on developer update channel for HS and every update worked so far. Yesterday clean install with last weeks HS Beta.app (beta channel), thinking I would be able to update via the App Store easily.. boy was I wrong.. 

Sherlocks, can you help me with my GTX 750 Ti? Since DP4 I can't get my video card to work properly: with web drivers, clover inject Nvidia and fake id, I get video on just one monitor (I have 3), without fake id I get black screen (no signal). In Sierra 10.12.6 all works fine, 3 monitors, HDMI sound, etc.

as you can see in this post there are new Bios Versions and Bios Release dates.

for example if you use the iMac15,1 SMBIOS the new BIOS version is: IM151.88Z.0211.B00.1708080656 with the new BIOS Release Date: 08/08/2017

You need to add the FirmwareFeaturesMask=0xff1fff3f and FirmwareFeatures=0xf80fe137

Seems like you interchanged FF and FFM