470 posts in this topic

Yeah... I was about to say: that is clearly a symptom of flash-based devices. If your speed initially starts looking OK, then that means the USB 3 bus speeds is fine. And can handle that bandwidth - all is OK with the USB 3 chipset performance.

Yeah... I was about to say: that is clearly a symptom of flash-based devices. If your speed initially starts looking OK, then that means the USB 3 bus speeds is fine. And can handle that bandwidth - all is OK with the USB 3 chipset performance.

Yup I zeroed out the flash disk and in few minutes the extended test will be done and then I'll check the disk again and if it's the same I just need to replace it ;)

Thanks, but how long did you let the test run?

Around 5 minutes i think.

Running it again now, Read speeds stay nice and high, around 144 MB/S but yeah while watching write speeds do drop to around 30 MB/s and the lowest i saw was 28 but it stays around 40 alot.

Off-Topic, but maybe someone can help me.

My new build with the GA-Z170X is working fine now so I decided to sell my old build after a clean Installl of Sierra. But I am having an issue with clover: the SSD won't show up in the Clover menu

The old Build GA-X58A-UDR-3 Rev. 2 with an i950 and 12 GB RAM. The SSD is a Crucial M300 (which the new built picks up just fine)

The Sierra Install worked fine after disabling USB 3 in BIOS and adding some bootflags but the Disk just won't show up in Clover after restart. I tried 2 Disks now and I never had this problem before. . EFI Boot is enabled, AHCI is enabled. The Bootstick was created with u-n-i-beast set to boot in Legacy Mode. A DSDT File for my bios is present in the ACPI > patched folder.

Does someone has a clue/tip/hint on how to resolve this?

Thank you very much.

Update bios.

Don't use $#@% tools.

Format the disk elsewhere and try again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Off-Topic, but maybe someone can help me.

My new build with the GA-Z170X is working fine now so I decided to sell my old build after a clean Installl of Sierra. But I am having an issue with clover: the SSD won't show up in the Clover menu

The old Build GA-X58A-UDR-3 Rev. 2 with an i950 and 12 GB RAM. The SSD is a Crucial M300 (which the new built picks up just fine)

The Sierra Install worked fine after disabling USB 3 in BIOS and adding some bootflags but the Disk just won't show up in Clover after restart. I tried 2 Disks now and I never had this problem before. . EFI Boot is enabled, AHCI is enabled. The Bootstick was created with u-n-i-beast set to boot in Legacy Mode. A DSDT File for my bios is present in the ACPI > patched folder. System Definition is set to 14,2.

Does someone has a clue/tip/hint on how to resolve this?

Thank you very much.

Well  I suggest that your solution is in a letter: U

The SSD from your old Build GA-X58A-UDR-3 commes from a EFI.boot config and your Z170 has a config as UEFI.boot

;)

Thanks. Just in case something might be understood wrong. The new built works fine. It's not like I just took the disk out of the new build popped it in the old machhine and expected it to work. I created a new boot stick for Legacy Boot, formatted the disk and clean installed Sierra on it. That should put it in EFI boot mode, right? Just for fun, I reflashed the BIOS and the disk showed up once because the DMI pool got updated. Could that be an issue, that the DMI pool not updates when I change settings in the BIOS? Can I force it to update? And where can I find that EFI.boot config? I am not a programmer. Sorry.

Why are you creating legacy USB on z170?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Since I last used clover, my EFI Partition is now always mounted when I boot my mac.

I tried unmounting it, but on reboot it is mounted again. I don't know why. Does someone

know how I can undo that, so that it will not get mounted by default?

Thank you

If you have installed RC Scripts it might be the cause, You can either remove RC Scripts or you can remove nvram.plist from your EFI partition and see if it solves your problem.

Update: on your bootable device go to /private/etc and check if this folders is present "rc.boot.d" and if it is there is a file inside called "20.mount_ESP.local" delete it and reboot.

• 1 month later...

I just received an email that High Sierra will be Available on September 25th. Is it safe to update or should we wait?

It depends on your GPU, if you are using nVidia there is no official support (web driver) yet but if you use IGFX or AMD it's ok to install macOS High Sierra on our machines.

take a look here

Okay, since I have an nvidia card I just have to wait for web drivers. Are you going to upgrade your machine to high sierra, or do you stay on sierra?

To be honest I haven't decided yet, I think I will stay on Sierra for the time being, at least until nVidia releases the official web driver for macOS 10.13. Or I just might swap the GPUs between my systems and use the R9 270X on my Skylake and then install macOS High Sierra and if nVidia releases the new web drivers I'll swap them back ;)  :)

• Like 1

I've upgraded my 2011 MacMini to High Sierra yesterday and it runs really slow. Besides that, there's a Driver for NVIDIA available.

Version 378.10.10.10.15.114: https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.114.pkg

Perform a nvram and kext cache clean up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anything additional to what's in the guide that needs to be done for a clean High Sierra install (apart from ensuring the updated drivers for Nvidia cards if applicable)?

Adding NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext along other kext is mandatory. Besides that all things are the same as Sierra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

• Like 1

Hi,

I installed 10.12.6 with a 980TI and WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01.pkg successfully thanks to your guide (NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext method). However I can't connect more than one Displat at boottime (DP and/or DVI). If I connect them later, they work fine. Is there a workaround you know of?

Hi,

I installed 10.12.6 with a 980TI and WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01.pkg successfully thanks to your guide (NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext method). However I can't connect more than one Displat at boottime (DP and/or DVI). If I connect them later, they work fine. Is there a workaround you know of?

Hi there and welcome to InsanelyMac.com :)

I'm glad that you found this guide useful :)

As far as I know the ports should work out of the box there's no extra effort needed. Have you tried this combination?

DP + HDMI instead of the DVI? I have 3 displays connected two of which are connected to the DP and one is connected to HDMI. 

I've tried DP+DP, DP+DP+DVI and DP+HDMI. None of them are working (only single DP). I'll try DP+HDMI later. If I set nv_disable=1 the system boots with the Desktop on my first DP. Everything else hangs at the Apple bootlogo. 

Which BIOS version you are using on your mobo? and which clover revision you use?

I'd like to know if it is okay, to just upgrade to High Sierra, apply the new Nvidia WebDriver and the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext or do I have to performa a clean install?

No you don't need to do a clean install, you can upgrade Sierra to High Sierra and update the web driver afterwards, although you might need to remove the nVidia web driver form Sierra and then install the High Sierra driver (I'm not sure if that's necessary)