470 posts in this topic

Hi guys

just built the system yesterday (run out of CPU paste and used Toothpaste instead temp is currently  49-53 c  until Monday :)     )

Everything is working fine  except Audio which i then used Voodoo audio  Kext  v.2.8.8 and works fine with no interference.

If anyone has issues please use the attach plist if using HD530 only

Thanks

config.plist.zip

post-215462-0-04035200-1500720221_thumb.png

post-215462-0-42670900-1500720230_thumb.png

post-215462-0-78426700-1500720240_thumb.png

post-215462-0-52100600-1500720252_thumb.png

post-215462-0-74305400-1500720261_thumb.png

post-215462-0-27036600-1500720269_thumb.png

Hi guys

just built the system yesterday (run out of CPU paste and used Toothpaste instead temp is currently 49-53 c until Monday :) )

Everything is working fine except Audio which i then used Voodoo audio Kext v.2.8.8 and works fine with no interference.

Thanks

You had better not be seriously using toothpaste as cooling compound. If you are shut down now and leave it off until you get thermal compound.

As for audio AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext with the right layout id should have sound working without issue.

Again I stress turn your system off if using toothpaste on your cpu.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi guys

just built the system yesterday (run out of CPU paste and used Toothpaste instead temp is currently  49-53 c  until Monday :)     )

Everything is working fine  except Audio which i then used Voodoo audio  Kext  v.2.8.8 and works fine with no interference.

Thanks

Yup. Using toothpaste is a bad idea. I urge you to do what SavageAUS suggested ASAP. :no:

Toothpaste conducts electricity.

And I have a question how did you ran out off thermal paste? you only need a small amount of thermal paste to apply on the CPU if you don't want to choke the CPU with thermal paste. Applying lots of thermal paste doesn't necessarily mean you'll have more effect.

I have seen your config.plist and you have the Toleda's audio patches and you use the voodooHDA as well. You don't need them both. You can remove all the patches and only use voodooHDA or as SavageAUS suggested it's better to use AppleALC and Lilu. The Audio Layout ID is already set to 1 which is correct for lots of Audio components.

Also note that iMac14,2 is not suitable for SkyLake it' better to use the iMac17,1 SMBIOS. The CPU Power Management work be accurate with iMac14,2 on SkyLake processors.

This is Off-Topics and I know. BUT:

IMHO there are lots of things that can be used for so many other proposes, Do we use them? Nope

For instance in theory you can use car Anti Freeze liquids in a water cooled environment but do we use them? I've seen some people do but I'm never gonna risk damaging my precious hardware because someone says so on the internet. It's my opinion.

Besides those thermal pastes or thermal pads are doing a great job and for so long why do we have to replace them with something that is designed for another purpose?

I know in @tinux's case he ran out of thermal paste and he will remove the toothpaste from his CPU as soon as he gets some thermal paste but in general it's wrong.

Hi guys I have a similar mobo Z170-UD5-TH, and I'm experiencing random wakeups. As if someone randomly pressed a key on keyboard or clicked the mouse, the display wakes up and then if I leave it alone for sometime the screen turns on and the PC remains awake until I login and put it back to sleep.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to stop it?

I have power nap enabled, wake on lan disabled in bios and in energy saver too

@Unknown1221

I don't use sleep. I only put my displays to sleep when I don't want to use my pc. 

What is the state of Darkwake in the config.plist? or do you have a patched DSDT or do you use SSDTs?

Thankyou I'll give that a try again :)

Yes darkwake with both 0 and 8 have sound  after sleep by using codec commander

I have also tried just darkwake however I dont have sound after resume

do you think the clover nvram option 'disable sleep proxy client' could be of any use here?

You're welcome :)

I hope it resolves your sleep issue.

Which version of CodecCommander do you use? Do you use the 2.4.0 or newer version? Because 2.4.0 is the only one that seems to be working on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 as far as I know.

Thankyou fingers are crossed :D

I am using the latest version, I have modified the kext options to match the ones of v2.4 for ALC1150 ;)
I had the same issue too that the newer version wouldn't work until I did that

• Like 1

I would preferably like to keep powernap enabled so my Hackintosh can backup using TimeMachine and check for new mail / imessages etc
how does everyones bios settings look like?

I currently have Windows 8/10 WHQL, IOAPIC 24-119 Entries disabled, CSM disabled, ERP enabled, WOL disabled, VT-D enabled (dart=0 flag), XHCI handoff enabled

Edit: I somehow had RC6 render standby enabled so I disabled that and sleep / wake appears to be working reliably again for now, will keep testing :D

• Like 1

I need your Help, guys! :(

I am really desperate here. Yesterday I installed the new Web and Cuda Drivers and today my system doesn't seem to recognize the Graphics Card any more. I haven't changed the config. The system just boots until abot 90 % of the progress bar and then just turns of. I tried disabling wenbrivers and temporarily switch to software rendering which worked before. Iknow the card is working because I am wrting this from windows 10 of the same Machine.

Is there a way to use the command line thing in clover at the startup to restore a previous config file?

I tried mounting the EFI Drives in windows in order to restore a previous config but it's over my head.

How do you guys fix issues like his when it just doesn't boot?

Thank you.

Can you send me your config.plist? Do you have access to your EFI partition in windows?

You can also boot with -x to run is safe mode and also boot with -v and take a snapshot of your progress so I can see what's wrong with your macOS boot process.

For activating the nVidia Web driver you need these settings checked in your config.plist:

Under boot: nvda_drv=1

Under System Parameters: NvidiaWeb

You might also need to install RC Scripts on the target volume

I need your Help, guys! :(

I am really desperate here. Yesterday I installed the new Web and Cuda Drivers and today my system doesn't seem to recognize the Graphics Card any more. I haven't changed the config. The system just boots until abot 90 % of the progress bar and then just turns of. I tried disabling wenbrivers and temporarily switch to software rendering which worked before. Iknow the card is working because I am wrting this from windows 10 of the same Machine.

Is there a way to use the command line thing in clover at the startup to restore a previous config file?

I tried mounting the EFI Drives in windows in order to restore a previous config but it's over my head.

How do you guys fix issues like his when it just doesn't boot?

Thank you.

Have you tried booting with nv_disable=1?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CUDA question?

Hello! Did not know until reading your posts ^ above today, that there were existed such CUDA drivers! There is some good benefit to it then? ... is it for rendering tasks in Premiere / Photoshop / other professional apps? Or does this help something else in os x?

====

Gaming 3 updated:

Anyhow I have fixed up all my Gaming 3 Clover configs today. Its available upon request (just PM me here). Updated for 12.6 today. I didnt do all this loads of DSDT patching to the max (like you guys for the Gaming 5). So mine has always been broken sleep function, it doesnt matter to me. Everything else seems fine. Many thanks for all help / knowledge coming back here. Just to update the CLOVER again for latest.

BTW whatever happened to Gaming 4 guys? Did we skip one? Hehehe. :thumbsup_anim:

====

Testing Metal:

And something for future: I find a list of perhaps 'metal' games?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/list-of-mac-metal-games.2045606/

We can try that list to to see which ones are the best for benchmarking metal (if they can at all). So to proper 'decent' testing for latest nvidia web drivers (will be hoping).

Actually I already posted on other forum thread about metal games list --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-07212017/?p=2467028

But maybe it should get its own thread (not to be lost in massive thread). :poke:

If you want to test for Cuda /Metal /OpenCl   capacity try this little benchmark utility:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/708-nbody-metal-bench/

;)

The SSD Partition was somehow corrupted. I had to format it and start all over. Mac OS is running fine again, but now Windows 10 won't boot, even though I installed it on a 2nd physical SDD. Do you have an Idea how to fix that? What a day. First the Mac disk gets corrupted, then windows 10 is missing boot files...

You can use windows 10's startup repair option to fix it.

take a look here

Hi guys, I've founds something interesting. If I don't have the clover DSDT patch '_DSM to XDSM' then AppleLPC doesn't load.

I'm unsure if I maybe have missed a SSDT or patch or something else?

I have uploaded my EFI folder below 

You need to inject the Layout ID 1 for the audio under the Devices section

I miss-read the POST!! :blush:

• Like 1

You need to inject the Layout ID 1 for the audio under the Devices section

Thankyou for the suggestion, I just did that but AppleLPC stays unloaded unless I use the clover DSDT patch '_DSM to XDSM'

Is '_DSM to XDSM' required? or am I missing anything else? :P 

Thankyou for the suggestion, I just did that but AppleLPC stays unloaded unless I use the clover DSDT patch '_DSM to XDSM'

Is '_DSM to XDSM' required? or am I missing anything else? :P

Sorry I miss read your post :blush:

I thought you said AppleALC but you meant AppleLPC :hysterical:  :hysterical:

• Like 1

will try that now, but the funny thing is if I use the other config file with the clover patch '_DSM to XDSM' then AppleLPC works??

will try that now, but the funny thing is if I use the other config file with the clover patch '_DSM to XDSM' then AppleLPC works??

Just tried with FakeLPC patch and it kernel panics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will try that now, but the funny thing is if I use the other config file with the clover patch '_DSM to XDSM' then AppleLPC works??

I think that's because you don't use a patched DSDT.