470 posts in this topic

Hi Guys great guide, I have the Gigabyte Z170-UD5-TH version which is very similar to the Gaming 5. Which SSDTs would I be able to use for my board? and which would I have to create? I prefer using individual SSDTs opposed to making a DSDT and constantly updating it every bios revision

Cheers :)

Hey,

You should not be using any of the SSDT's or DSDT from this guide for your board. As @cyberdevs said, you should use that script to create a SSDT.aml for CPU power management then create any other DSDT and SSDT's.

• Like 1

This is a great guide, I use many instances of the guide for my own. I am not using and DSDT's or SSDT's for my hack, doing it all form config.plist and its working good.

My system...

IMac 17,1 SMBIOS

GA-Z170X-Gamer 5

Intel i7-6700k

32 Gigs DDR4 2134 Mhz

Samsung 500GB SSD

GeForce GTX 970 - 4095 MB

Samsung 4k 27" Monitor

USB Create Labs SB Omni Surround 5.1 card.

-Fixed Sleep within terminal   sudo pmset -a standby 0

Sleep is working and all the rest of the stuff..

• Like 1

Hi there and thanks :)

You can use Pike's ssdtPRGen.sh to create all the SSDT's for your rig.

Thanks for your reply, I used the script to create SSDT for processor power management but I meant these? 

-HPET

-SATA

-DTGP

-SLPB

-DMAC

-DARWIN

-LPC

-XHCI

-PLUGIN TYPE

-HDAS to HDEF

-HDEF

-RTC

-IRQs

-SBUS

-BUS1

-MCHC

-ALS0

-SHUTDOWN

-LAN

-USBX

-PMCR

-EC

-IMEI

-PNLF

-HDMI

I noticed that there's a few included but would like to ask if theres any chance I can get the SSDT files for each? Instead of just having @MaLd0n patch the entire DSDT for me

This is a great guide, I use many instances of the guide for my own. I am not using and DSDT's or SSDT's for my hack, doing it all form config.plist and its working good.

My system...

IMac 17,1 SMBIOS

GA-Z170X-Gamer 5

Intel i7-6700k

32 Gigs DDR4 2134 Mhz

Samsung 500GB SSD

GeForce GTX 970 - 4095 MB

Samsung 4k 27" Monitor

USB Create Labs SB Omni Surround 5.1 card.

-Fixed Sleep within terminal   sudo pmset -a standby 0

Sleep is working and all the rest of the stuff..

That's great, I have been using clover's ACPI patches for my system in the past when I was using El Capitan and they work just fine. But using a patched DSDT or SSDT's will benefit you to reduce the use on third party kexts and Kext Patches and it will help to activate more/proper use of your hardware resources by the macOS.

Do you have PM and do you have HDMI audio with just clover's ACPI patches? I'm just curious because without a patched DSDT or the SSDTs I had to take some extra steps to activate them.

I ask this because without the patched DSDT or SSDT I had to use HDMIAudio.kext and I had to run Toleda's CloverHDMI Script to have the HDMI audio activated.

Thanks for your reply, I used the script to create SSDT for processor power management but I meant these? 

-HPET

-SATA

-DTGP

-SLPB

-DMAC

-DARWIN

-LPC

-XHCI

-PLUGIN TYPE

-HDAS to HDEF

-HDEF

-RTC

-IRQs

-SBUS

-BUS1

-MCHC

-ALS0

-SHUTDOWN

-LAN

-USBX

-PMCR

-EC

-IMEI

-PNLF

-HDMI

I noticed that there's a few included but would like to ask if theres any chance I can get the SSDT files for each? Instead of just having @MaLd0n patch the entire DSDT for me

You can press F4 while you are in clover's boot menu to dump all the original DSDT and SSDt tables and once you dumped them you can ask @Maldon to patch them for you.

When he patches the DSDT or SSDTs you will have all these options in the list that you just posted fixed for you ;)

-HPET

-SATA

-DTGP

-SLPB

-DMAC

-DARWIN

-LPC

-XHCI

-PLUGIN TYPE

-HDAS to HDEF

-HDEF

-RTC

-IRQs

-SBUS

-BUS1

-MCHC

-ALS0

-SHUTDOWN

-LAN

-USBX

-PMCR

-EC

-IMEI

-PNLF

-HDMI

You can also use this app to create all the SSDTs for your system.

Copy the file iasl to this path: /usr/bin/iasl and run the app for creating the ssdt files.

ssdtGen.zip

• Like 1

Thanks cyberdevs, I do have PM, no need for for HDMI Audio, my 4k monitor doesn't have speakers, USB 3.0 is working at 5gb. 

The only kexts I am using are 

OF COURSE

FakeSMC.kext

NETWORKING

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

GTX970 Black Screen issue

Lilu.kext

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

• Like 1

Thanks cyberdevs, I do have PM, no need for for HDMI Audio, my 4k monitor doesn't have speakers, USB 3.0 is working at 5gb. 

The only kexts I am using are 

OF COURSE

FakeSMC.kext

NETWORKING

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

GTX970 Black Screen issue

Lilu.kext

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

That's wonderful :)

• Like 1

Hey guys I've noticed that after using ssdtGen I am missing 5 SSDT's DMAC, MCHC, PMCR, PNLF and ALS0 when I compare my IOREG with a DSDT made by @MaLd0n.

Are these 4 SSDTs from the Gaming 5 patched folder universal or are they specific to @cyberdevs Gaming 5 system?

Hey guys I've noticed that after using ssdtGen I am missing 4 SSDT's DMAC, MCHC, PMCR and ALS0 when I compare my IOREG with a DSDT made by @MaLd0n.

Are these 4 SSDTs from the Gaming 5 patched folder universal or are they specific to @cyberdevs Gaming 5 system?

Send me a copy of your ACPI/origin folder so I can cross-examine those tables with mine.

Thankyou :) Here it is

This is my initial comparison, it is based on the files you've sent me. The SSDT tables the have a check mark are identical in both GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 and the GA-Z170-UD5

d31d2defc10debb10030a5652c533796.png

Download the DPCIManager Update Seed, Update IDs and save a screenshot from PCI List (Adjust the columns so I can read the whole info) send it to me. I need to compare some device IDs and I will tell you for sure if the you can use them or not.

Here it is :)

Also does anyone know how to enable Nightshift on external display? I recently purchased a LG 38UC99-W 3840x1600 monitor and Nightshift isn't available on either DisplayPort at 75hz or HDMI (even when I try connecting it with USB C on my MacBook). 

Thankyou :D 

post-546766-0-71335500-1500387104_thumb.png

@unknwon1221

from what I found we don't need PNLF, ALS0 and DMAC they are for laptops. but you can use MCHC, PMCR.

But a word of caution if your system performs normally with all the SSDT files that you already generated do not add any unnecessary files.

• Like 1

@cyberdevs

Thankyou for that information I appreciate it :)

Also would anyone know how to make my monitor LG 38UC99-W that is recognised as a 'tv' to be recognised as a 'display'? With the monitor being recognised as a 'tv' I'm unable to enable Nightshift :/

Thanks guys :D

• Like 1

Thankyou for that link :) but isn’t that only for people using a smbios that isn’t supported by nightshift? Not that their monitor is recognised as a ‘tv’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I thought it might give you some info on how to troubleshoot the problem.

NightShift should work OOB are you sure that your config.plist is ok? are you using the latest Lilu.kext and nVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext?

Thankyou, I have both the latest

I recently updated my monitor to a LG 38UC99-W and since then the display has been recognised as a “Television” under system profile, and I believe that’s why I’m unable to get nightshift

I tried to connect the monitor to my MacBook and it is recognised as a TV too and Nightshift doesn’t work for it either

Thankyou, I have both the latest

I recently updated my monitor to a LG 38UC99-W and since then the display has been recognised as a “Television” under system profile, and I believe that’s why I’m unable to get nightshift

I tried to connect the monitor to my MacBook and it is recognised as a TV too and Nightshift doesn’t work for it either

Run these commands in terminal one by one and see it that changes anything:

1. sudo nvram -c
2. sudo purge
3. sudo rm -f /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache && sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force
  • Like 1

I have just tried running those commands and in system report the display still is recognised as a 'television' and no sign of nightshift :/

What should I do now?

I have also tried NightShiftUnlocker with no luck :/