470 posts in this topic

You will need minimum Clover r4084 ! and a SSD drive ( APFS is  too slow on HD )

By the time I wrote that clover 4079 was the latest clover out there, but it wasn't working without adding the Frimware Features, but thanks to clover 4084 we don't need to add firmware feature anymore.

Here is the EFI folder for macOS High Sierra DP

It's still work in progress.

GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 for High Seirra Clover 4084 EFI.zip

• Like 1

Sound after sleep isn't working even with CodecCommander 2.4.0 in SLE and darkwake = 8.

Maybe somebody can say something about Voodoo and sleep? 

Sleep doesn't work on High Sierra?

I believe I tried the sleep once and it was working.

I used the latest version on Lilu.kext and the -lilubeta , -alcbeta boot flags.

I'll test it once more and get back to you.

It doesn't even go to sleep.  :hysterical:

I reinstalled macOS High Sierra yesterday and It's not working.

To be honest I didn't spend much time testing it because my GPU don't work with High Sierra, so I didn't see any point on investing much time and effort on it.

• 4 weeks later...

When I last posted, I was having trouble getting my USB 3.0 external drive recognized.

After spending time away from this topic (adopted new pets that stole my attention) I sat down this afternoon to do some troubleshooting.

I tried connecting a variety of Seagate USB 3.0 drives from my collection to the cable - and none of them were recognized.

I then tried moving the cable from the current jack to another 3.0 jack.  This time - it worked.

Looking at the MB manual - it appears I originally had the cable in a 2.0/3.0 jack - which is the 2nd USB port below the ethernet jack.

It's a bit confusing - since the manual shows there is a LAN1 and a LAN2 port, yet my MB only has a single Gig ethernet port.

Now I can finally get a recent timemachine backup.

With that issue behind me - I did run into a new one.

I'm not sure I ever tried iBooks prior to today since I installed Sierra (using the original guide) and if I attempt to open a book via IBooks, it APPEARS to launch the book OK - in that the cover is briefly displayed - but then when the book is supposed to open and display your current page - that window is transparent and shows what is beneath it.

There are no controls visible whatsoever for closing the book - but the ones in the menu work fine - which once again, shows the "All Books" view.

I have tried many of the books in my collection - and all display the same way - so it's definitely something wrong with the application, and not the data files.

I've even added a new book - and attempting to open it - results in the usual transparent window effect.

Has anyone else ran into this?

If not - then hopefully this will be fixed when I re-install Sierra.

The NVidia driver manager tells me I am using the latest version.

@strifecrafter

If you have only on LAN port then your mainboard is not GA-Z170X-Gaming 5, It might be Gaming 3, Z170MX-Gaming 5 or Z170N-Gaming 5. Check the layout of the ports on the back panel and see which one matches your mainboard or just open the case and see the model that is printed on the mainboard. AFAIK all reversions of the Z170X-Gaming 5 mainboards have two LAN ports.

About the iBooks, I have the exact transparent window when I open a book ePub or PDF so you're not alone. I removed the preference file for the iBooks but it didn't help.

I haven't tried anything else because I rarely use iBooks on my computer.

post-1011040-0-67286400-1499660897_thumb.png

post-1011040-0-31156900-1499660908_thumb.png

post-1011040-0-54691400-1499660920_thumb.png

@SavageAUS Have you tested it yet?

Yes and working fine. I have booted Windows 10 and Sierra with it just fine, havnt tested HS yet. Appears more settings for cpu like intel speed shift and hyper threading. Can actually set the turbo for each core not just single core turbo.

There is some setting for decoding above 4k also.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes and working fine. I have nooted windows and Sierra with it just fine, havnt tested HS yet. Appears more settings for cpu like intel speed shift and hyper threading. Can actually set the turbo for each core.

Thanks for the update :)

I have the EU version of this mobo.

Differences:

BIOS:

CSM Support = Disabled # missing

Secure Boot = Not Active # missing

Attempt Secure Boot = Disabled #missing

For my fusion drive with m.2 SSD I had to adjust:

Peripherals

SATS And RST Configuration = SSD | Aggr. LPM Support= disabled

Otherwise the fusion drive has been vanished after a reboot.

To get wake after long sleep I have to set:

sudo pmset -C autopoweroff 0

Without this the Hack is going from sleep to shutdown.

Thanx for your great guide!!!

• Like 1

I have the EU Version as well. Mine runs on F21 currently, but there's a newer one available, Version 22a.

I am not so good with this whole Hackintosh Stuff. Maybe you could help me out?

How do I get both GPUs running? I have a GTX 560 TI which is working fine but I'd also like to get the HD 530 working as well. I used the EFI Files from the NVIDIA Package for getting the system running. Or should I have started with the Intel Package and install the GTX afterwards?

Thank you. Very helpful Guide, btw!

For having both GPUs you can do it either way. what I mean is you can have the iGPU setup first and add the nVidia or the other way around.

All you need to do is to use the IntelHD 530 config.plist that I posted in the first topic and add the necessary flags for the nVidia as explained in the guide.

You need to have these kext to your EFI folder:

Lilu.kext

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

nVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

also add the Inject Intel=True with the ig-platfrom-id for your iGPU which is 0x19120000

F21

Sleep works with darkwake=0 and darkwake=8 both on my system. the reason that I wrote darkwake=8 in the guide was because in the tests that we conducted with @SavageAUS it seemed that darkwake=8 is working on more systems that darkwake=0 so we decided to go with that.

I have darkwake=8 in my config.plist but i had to add autopoweroff 0 in pmset for proper sleep.

And until now with no errors or fails.

Well as long as it works it's a great :)

• Like 1

I have darkwake=8 in my config.plist but i had to add autopoweroff 0 in pmset for proper sleep.

And until now with no errors or fails.

You could try a different darkwake mode. 8 works for me, for you, you may need different as @cyberdevs said we tested for many hours to come up with a "generic" guide and as we both found out what works for one doesn't mean it works for the other.

• Like 1

Hi Guys great guide, I have the Gigabyte Z170-UD5-TH version which is very similar to the Gaming 5. Which SSDTs would I be able to use for my board? and which would I have to create? I prefer using individual SSDTs opposed to making a DSDT and constantly updating it every bios revision

Cheers :)

• Like 1

Hi Guys great guide, I have the Gigabyte Z170-UD5-TH version which is very similar to the Gaming 5. Which SSDTs would I be able to use for my board? and which would I have to create? I prefer using individual SSDTs opposed to making a DSDT and constantly updating it every bios revision

Cheers :)

Hi there and thanks :)

You can use Pike's ssdtPRGen.sh to create all the SSDT's for your rig.

• Like 1