470 posts in this topic

Im using that EFI folder.             #251           

Clover_v2.4k_r4289.pkg.zip  show me.. can't be installed in that disk ( my usb installer drive with Sierra )

I had the same problem once before. macOS High Sierra couldn't see any of my hard disks on another rig (Asus Prime Z270 A) I just created another USB disk with the CreateInstallMedia method and then I could install the macOS High Sierra. I suggest you do the same. Erase the USB disk, use the command to create a brand new installer:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app —nointeraction

and then put the EFI folder in the EFI partition of the disk and try again.

Remember to re-genarate the SMBIOS for your new installer using Clover Configurator, just open the config.plist and select "SMBIOS" then select iMac17,1 and it will add all the information to the config.plist

P.S:

That EFI partition is for macOS High Sierra 10.13.x if you want to install macOS Sierra 10.12.x you might need to make some adjustments.

Which macOS you are trying to install?

No it's only the installer version. You can use it to update your existing EFI folder. or you can send me the EFI folder that you are currently using and I will take a look at it to see if anything is in order.

I decided to go DSDT free for a while and everything seemed to be working fine. Those errors won't affect your performance (unless you have noticed otherwise) you can ignore them.

I'm only using UEFI so no comment on the legacy part.

If you decide to ditch the DSDT you'll need the Audio patch under ACPI section "change HDAS to HDEF" and the "FixShutdown-0004" patches.

I haven't tested the 10.13.2 beta yet.

Now me too using DSDT free and only UEFI, my clover folder in the link (previous posts< can't download to forum, so its onedrive).

I think that might be a better config than mine.. :)

• Like 1

Now me too using DSDT free and only UEFI, my clover folder in the link (previous posts< can't download to forum, so its onedrive).

I think that might be a better config than mine.. :)

This is the config that I'm using on my rig, I post it here so you can see I have no other patches under ACPI, you use lot's of patches in your config.plist, Just compare my config with yours. I don't use my iGFX and I have no settings under "Devices" - "Arbitrary" note that 

config.plist.zip

I had the same problem once before. macOS High Sierra couldn't see any of my hard disks on another rig (Asus Prime Z270 A) I just created another USB disk with the CreateInstallMedia method and then I could install the macOS High Sierra. I suggest you do the same. Erase the USB disk, use the command to create a brand new installer:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app —nointeraction

and then put the EFI folder in the EFI partition of the disk and try again.

Remember to re-genarate the SMBIOS for your new installer using Clover Configurator, just open the config.plist and select "SMBIOS" then select iMac17,1 and it will add all the information to the config.plist

P.S:

That EFI partition is for macOS High Sierra 10.13.x if you want to install macOS Sierra 10.12.x you might need to make some adjustments.

Which macOS you are trying to install?

I do exactly that steps using that EFI folder.             #251            

nothing change. HDD keep not showing. 

my hdd is new.. never used.

how i can check my macOS High Sierra installer version ? 

I do exactly that steps using that EFI folder.             #251            

nothing change. HDD keep not showing. 

my hdd is new.. never used.

how i can check my macOS High Sierra installer version ? 

If your hard disk is brand new:

Open "Disk Utility" from the top left cornet click "View" and then select "Show All Devices"

Your HDD should be there and then Select the disk and Erase it using Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with GUID Partition Map then you can select it and Install macOS.

post-1011040-0-66402800-1509658272_thumb.png

post-1011040-0-45129000-1509658281.png

post-1011040-0-01119900-1509658303_thumb.png

• Like 1

Oh thank.. now that working. 

Will look how work with my 970 SC and my audio.

I have some question... 

I need install clover in my HDD too ? with efi files from my USB ? 

That's great, you're welcome.

Yes, in general if you want to make a disk bootable for macOS you can either install clover in the ESP (or in the root but I suggest installing it in the ESP) partition or copy the EFI folder of another bootable disk in to the ESP

So I install clover in my macOS disk. and copy my EFI partition from USB to EFI partition on disk ?

You can install clover on your macOS disk and just replace these folders inside EFI/EFI/Clover with the ones you already have on your USB disk

APCI

config.plist

kexts

Theme

If you replace the whole EFI folder it will replace clover Bootloader files as well.

Or 

You can copy the EFI folder on your USB disk and to the EFI partition on your HDD then install the latest version of clover which will overwrites (updates) the existing clover Bootloader files but will leave the config.plist and your specific files such as ACPI files or kext folder untouched.

• 3 weeks later...

GTX 750Ti -> RX 560

I had NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750Ti and while it was working it had little bit lag in Sierra and now after moving to High Sierra it became even worse. It had quite a lag in iMovie and also Civilization. It seems that Nvidia has quite poor support in High Sierra. It maybe because of new Metal 2 which is in High Sierra. So I decided to try AMD. I found RX 560. Its inexpensive, fits in my small case and power is ok for me. 

What did I do?

I had uninstall NVIDIA web drivers.

Copy Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

IGPU should be disabled in BIOS (I had it from before)

All this info is from here

Reboot and after some time it booted into High Sierra. (I was experimenting little bit in Bios, but I don't think I changed anything important). New thing was that after initial apple logo and running line it switch off monitor for few seconds and then you see directly High Sierra desktop picture.

My experience after few days is great. Everything is smooth, not lag at all. iMovie is without lag, Civilisation is much smoother then anytime in past. I had to reinstall Steam (but I am not 100% sure it was because of this change). So I am quite happy with this change.

• 2 weeks later...

So guys, anyone update to 10.13.2?

after update I have sleep issue.

And somebody has a legacy usb kext to our motherboard and patched dsdt? with dsdt from first post a had many error during boot. 

here's my EFI folder https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amvk7o5bHjRkhZQd1Kzg6fW_xKb9kg

DSDT.dreamwork.zip

• Like 3

S.O.S HELP… Computer won't POST after BIOS downgrade. :(

So I upgraded my BIOS from F22a to the latest Version (F22c). I did backup the previous Bios. But after the update the System wouldn't load clover. I got an error message from Wndows Boot Manager instead. Background: I previously had a second SSD with windows 10 installed in the System which I removed because I needed it for another Computer. But the computer worked fine the and booted to Clover without problems.

Since I didn't know how to get to clover again I decided to downgrade the BIOS to 22a again. The downgrade went through as supposed. The System restarted but it does not POST anymore and just restarts all over again. I removed the CMOS Battery and unplugged power. This reanabled the LEDs again (which I had disabled) but the System still does not POST. Do you think the BIOS chip is bricked?

I am desperade. What can I do?

Can you reach the BIOS/UEFI or it just a reboot loop?

If not it's probably bricked.

Follow these steps:

1. Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the computer. ... 
  2. Remove the computer cover.
  3. Move the configuration jumper from pins 1–2, to pins 2–3.
  4. Plug AC power back in and turn on the computer.
  5. The computer should automatically boot into BIOS Set Up Maintenance Mode.

Thanks for replying. I am looking at the Motherboard Layout Schematics right now. All I can find is the Clear CMOS Jumper and that has only 2 Pins.

Where is this Configuration Jumper located? There's no mention of it in the manual or maybe I am to nervous to find it.

Those jumpers are the same as configuration jumpers. It should say CLR CMOS I guess. Your mobo has dual BIOS and you can use those jumpers to reset the BIOS. Short them with a screw driver or some metallic object while it's turned off and after that you can turn on the PC and see if it helps.

Unfortunately, I tried that already – same results. :(

I think it's bricked. But how? If it has Dual Bios…

Can I send it to Gigabyte for Service?

Well downgrading the BIOS is a risky procedure specially if the vendor doesn't allow it to happen normally, if I remember correctly Gigabyte won't allow the downgrade on our boards and it might void the warranty if you do so, but you can definitely send it to Gigabyte to get it fixed, I suggest you don't do anything else and send it right away before things get worse. There are plenty of guides on how to reset the BIOS on the net but I strongly suggest to avoid them and ask Gigabyte for help.

I had a guide on how to make clover the default bootloader after installing windows (which was not your case) but the principal were the same, I wish if you asked for help in that regard before downgrading the BIOS so I could help you with that.

But don't worry I believe Gigabyte services will fix your mobo. (and for free I hope)

Have you removed all RAM?

If not remove all.

Try boot.

If beeps. Replace 1 stick at a time.

Worst case strip the board down and reseat the cpu.

What code is displayed on the lcd?

Well you can ask gigabyte if they will replace the BIOS for you for a surcharge. However you will also have to pay shipping for sending your mobo to them. And back again (both ways). Unless you happen to live close enough to the Gigabyte RMA centre in your country / region whereby you could go there to drop it off in person. Assuming they are OK with doing it for you.

Another option would be to search for 'BIOS CHIP GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5'

on ebay. Those people are based in the netherlands. Its not that expensive and they include shipping. However you will also need to replace one of the 2 BIOS chips on your motherboard. Its not too hard but you need to have good-enough soldering skills.

Another thing you can buy yourself is a SOIC-8 flash clip. Those things can be wired into an rPi or similar device, to create a hardware flasher. And then use that to reflash your existing BIOS chips in-situ without having to desolder them.

In fact if you bought both products you could read what was on product A and then flash it onto product B without doing any soldering... and then make also a backup of it for later use with your hardware flasher should you ever end up bricking the BIOS again.

I would also research on why situations occur when both the BIOS chips get overwritten with a bad image / setting. It shouldnt really ever happen. Even if you have downgraded as you say (and only downgraded on one of them.

Maybe what normally happens is that on the 2nd successful boot of a new BIOS image, if its still good then it will automatically overwrite the other backup BIOS chip from what new version you must recently updated onto your primary chip. Not sure though. So you will have to look into it yourself. And as you say... its still not supposed to brick both of them.

Thanks for the insight. I am just not good enough with soldering such small objects. I have bad eyes.

I will look into this flasher thingy maybe. I am going check if there are any Gigabyte Service Facilities in Germany first and try to contact them.

When I used QFlash the update to F22c it said "backing up old bios file" (or similar). So this should have written F22a to the secondary chip right?

And when I restored the previous backup it also said "backing up old bios file" it should have backed up F22c to the 2nd chip and install F22a on the first, I guess.

What a frustrating day.

Any codes on your LCD display?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I managed to get a replacement board off Amazon.

It works. But I have to Boot off of the USB Stick.

Because there's some Windows Residue in the Bootchain which blocks Clover from Loading and gives me a Bluescreen instead because it cannot find the WIndows SSD.

Can someone please tell me how I can fix this so clover starts from my SSD again?

Thank you very very much

Take a look at this topic:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326494-how-to-make-clover-default-bootloader-after-installing-windows-on-uefi/

Unfortunately, I don't have Windows on this machine any more. It was on another SSD.

Can I Take out the SSD and connect it to my NUC and then use the Windows Tool?

I doubt that it can read HFS+ Disks, or can it?

You can use Rufus to create a bootable USB disk with your Intel Nuc machine and boot it via USN and then edit the boot entries instead on disconnecting your SSD from your main machine and connecting it to your NUC.

See this post on how to use Rufus:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324654-windows-10-to-go-usb/?p=2449232

• 1 month later...