[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

hello again MaLd0n ....also running Sierra 10.12 for the first time...but without video acceleration...nvidia in vesa mode to get to desktop...hoping a little tinkering will get things right...

here are some of what you ask for.....

first ioregistryexplorer

attachicon.gifLes’s iMac.zip

...and a dump from clover f4

attachicon.giforigin.zip

...and my clover folder 

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

CLOVER.zip

install web driver

• Like 1

something is amiss...seems to still be using old clover folder booting from efi of sierra hdd...not sure how ...I replaced mine with yours....running yosemite right now and in clover menu my old setting and injected kexts were still there?

• Like 1

...yes two hdd one has windows and yosemite mbr ...sierra is on it's own hdd guid

the yosemite /windows hdd was always booted from usb to mac...so as to leave the windows boot manager to boot windows 10 on its' own

...i'll try to replace the clover folder on the usb drive .....brb

• Like 1

...hmmm, boots fine from usb with your clover folder...but no internet....gonna try another kext to inject instead of mausi kext....also external disk error orange generic icons ich9 achi shows as generic ahci...wouldn't normally mount usb drive....could read but not alter any files...also have a maybe fix for that....and no sound...but will try voodoo for that later....back on yosemite now...booting from efi partion of sierra hdd...which has preserved old clover folder somehow...going to try my fixes on the usb clover before i bother you more...thanks for the push in the right direction :smoke:

• Like 1

...temps are quite high for cpu...powermanagement version shows blank in smc monitor app

post-11772-0-23387500-1516784021_thumb.png

...edit: got it cooled down now... removed your patch for AppleIntelCPUPM....added my own lpc  injector...

...another ioregistryexplorer save...

Les’s iMac2.zip

:whistle:

• Like 1

...well good morning Mal...yes tried, but without the changes I made, was imperfect... now better...  :smoke: using VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.0d10 in s/l/e...   and my own lpc and ahci injectors

...many thanks    :thumbsup_anim:

take a test, remove ur LPC injector 

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

...ok...testing now....removed LPC injector...temps are high again...20 degrees C higher...the injector seems to do the job, albeit not as clean as dsdt, but it works...gives me

AICPMVers number 0x1240105 under IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/CPU0@0/AppleACPICPU/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin in ioregistryexplorer...your dsdt does not...

edit: I'll reinject LPC again my way ...just to sure...brb

• Like 1

...just to add...my problem with clover folder replacement...not having any effect...  :wink_anim: ..I remembered a failed install of clover on my Yosemite partition...not installed to efi partition, but to the system partition...it just was sitting there...EFI folder...  :rolleyes: ..I deleted that and cloned the working usb clover partition to the efi partition of Sierra...booted from hdd...and voila!...  :whistle:

not just whistling dixie here...I know my sh*t...just can't remember where I put it ... :blink:  nuf said

• Like 1

...now I'm just being picky, but if you look in my ioregistryexplorer file, you'll see IODeviceTree/efi/platform has some vestiges of lenovo still...

My question is : can they be removed/altered to reflect a more apple like flavor through dsdt?

OEMProduct  OEMBoard  OEMVendor

• Like 1

...now I'm just being picky, but if you look in my ioregistryexplorer file, you'll see IODeviceTree/efi/platform has some vestiges of lenovo still...

My question is : can they be removed/altered to reflect a more apple like flavor through dsdt?

OEMProduct  OEMBoard  OEMVendor

70%+ from ur tables macOs don't use

Check my DSDT LGA775, work good, only devices in use

DSDT.MaLd0n.zip

• Like 2