Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and Tower PC's

Donw35
430 posts in this topic

Hello Down35, I have a HP Prodesk 600 G1 with the configuration below:

Intel i3 4130 and

Intel HD 4400

and I'm using a DisplayPort to HDMI converter to power my HDMI monitor. 

Now,

Your clover files do almost everything properly on my device, except for the graphics. It detects HD 4400 but shows only 3mb. I'm not able to get full QE/CI.

Could you kindly help me, as I'd really like to use this device as my primary backup daily driver Mac.

Attaching my clover file below.

Regards.

CLOVER.zip

It's working great but i try use applealc instead voodoohda and every time i have error - AppleKeyStore Operation Failed. In my opinion VodooHDA have a bad sound quaility :(

On 5/28/2020 at 6:18 PM, Donw35 said:

Here is the OpenCore 5.8.0 EFI I am using on the HP 800 G1, your mileage will very. you should be able to boot to the desktop and then create your own serial numbers in the PlatForm section.  not doing so will result in iCloud and iMessage not working.

Give it a try and report back.

HP_800_G1_OC_58.zip

A usb sound device that is compatible will offer better experience, I use that on this machine do avoid the AppleACL issues.

I am able to use AppleACL using layout 15 but causes sleep and wake issues

Thanks for this tutorial,

I bought an HP 800 G1 SFF 100 euros and add an MSI GEFORCE GT 1030 2GH LP OC graphics card.
For Catalina and Mojave no Nvidia graphics driver :(.
I installed High Sierra, everything works perfectly.
USB 3 also works at high speed, iMessage etc. everything works.
I used the EFI files that you suggest on the first page and add a patch in config.plist with Clover Configurator.

Kernel & Kext Patch

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI

Find HEX: 837D880F 0F83A704 0000
Replace HEX: 837D880F 90909090 9090

Thank you for your work and see you soon

------------------------------------------

Update  22 Juin 2020

I wanted to install Catalina 10.15.5 for testing.
I have removed the Nvidia graphics card and the result is good with intel HD 4600.

USB 3: high speed function
4K display: 1080p Max 60Hz
HDMI audio: works (AppleALC.kext) delete VoodooHDA.

Edited by Sabrina13

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently letting the smarter people work out issues with Bug Sur, I don't think we are there yet, maybe by public beta I will start working on it, my target will be the HP 840 G3.

I will post once we get some better movement on the OS and OpenCore

UPDATE....

I got Big Sur woking on the HP 800 G1 mini, I have more optimization to do but for the most part, it works, sleep is working but the fan seems to be running faster. stay tuned for more info....

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 7.21.04 PM.png

Edited by Donw35
updated info
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 3:52 PM, Donw35 said:

I am currently letting the smarter people work out issues with Bug Sur, I don't think we are there yet, maybe by public beta I will start working on it, my target will be the HP 840 G3.

I will post once we get some better movement on the OS and OpenCore

UPDATE....

I got Big Sur woking on the HP 800 G1 mini, I have more optimization to do but for the most part, it works, sleep is working but the fan seems to be running faster. stay tuned for more info....

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 7.21.04 PM.png

EDIT ***

I try my self its boot perfectly after IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState  the Apple arrives no progress bar running 

Stuck with a beautiful apple no progression 

EDIT *** Ok done Fresh Install Create Install Media from My Mac Book Pro

I find why is not working for 3 days :thumbsup_anim:

1666660809_Capturedcranle2020-06-2920_28_37.thumb.png.efbb1a8c8a5ddebc13a2af05148fc419.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

Big News I just receive my GefOrce 630 today from USA California :thumbsup_anim:

Works native Big sur and Cata :yes:

1917364181_Capturedcranle2020-07-0313_40_55.thumb.png.15c088758924ef55c9c13ea9ea4bae4b.png

captu105.png.3cdd5c39893213ed9d19d7924e9b1119.png

EDIT ***

Change my 630 for a GeForce GT 710 2 gig Works better

Edited by chris1111
Change my 630 for a GeForce GT 710 2 gig Works better
  • Like 1

Guys, I am trying to get my elitedesk 800 g1 with following specs working since 4 days now. 

Processor i5 4690T 2.5ghz

Graphics HD 4600

8gb ram

Crucial 240gb ssd

I have tried 2 methods to install catalina

1. Niresh catalina for which the pc gets stuck while booting

2. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] usb installer thru which I was able to install catalina on the ssd  but intel graphics doesnt load. Everything else works like usb ports, ethernet, sound etc but intel hd 4600 only shows 5mb. Please help me I have tried inject intel checkbox in clover with graphics ID for haswell. Also tried some config.plist files from this thread but nothing has worked to get the graphics working. 

3. Today I also tried opencore method with 0.5.9 and this also gets stuck while loading. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 5:44 AM, chris1111 said:

EDIT ***

I try my self its boot perfectly after IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState  the Apple arrives no progress bar running 

Stuck with a beautiful apple no progression 

EDIT *** Ok done Fresh Install Create Install Media from My Mac Book Pro

I find why is not working for 3 days :thumbsup_anim:

1666660809_Capturedcranle2020-06-2920_28_37.thumb.png.efbb1a8c8a5ddebc13a2af05148fc419.png

On 7/7/2020 at 8:55 PM, chris1111 said:

Hi @Donw35 do you have an issue wit the front USB 3.0 ? I have always disconnect Low power notification :ph34r:

Hi @Donw35 do you have an issue wit the front USB 3.0 ? I have always disconnect Low power notification :ph34r:

@mohamed1 I am not having that problem, if you share your EFI folding I can have a look but I have moved on to Open Core 5.9 for Catalina and OC 6.0 for Big Sur Beta 3

Hi Chriss, my USB 3.0 don't work at all.......
How come?
I used your OC for HP Prodesk 600 G1..........everything works like a charm!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Balsie said:

Hi Chriss, my USB 3.0 don't work at all.......
How come?
I used your OC for HP Prodesk 600 G1..........everything works like a charm!!!

Fix here by adding a ORICO 4 port USB HUB Plug the HUB to the back USB port then put the Hub to the PC :P

Everything work now

On 12/24/2017 at 12:07 PM, wishie said:

yeah, the VGA port doesn't work at all, because no Mac's capable of running High Sierra have a VGA output, as far as I know.

I'll be using both DisplayPort anyway, as I have just acquired another EliteDisplay E232 :)

Thanks for confirming.

This is nonsense, I have gotten VGA working for myself, and others using Mojave. It is very hit and miss, with lots and lots (and LOTS) of trial and error. For example, trying to get an old laptop running Mojave and using VGA output, took THREE DAYS, and then it just randomly started working... I wouldn't RELY on VGA.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 12:36 AM, mRayE said:

I have the HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF (i5-4570) in which the EliteDesk G1 only has a little extra I/O. It’s listed that only a few of your USB ports  work. All mine work - USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, front and back. I would love to get a 4K monitor but it’s seems you have no success with using the iGPU and DisplayPort. I guess I will get a AMD RX560 LP for my 4K solution.  I can confirm the cheap BestBuy brand DisplayPort to HDMI works. 

Request: I would rewrite the process with the USB Clover description because I did it two times without success until I figured out what it all meant. Just in case newbies like myself visits lol. 

Thanks so much for creating these folders man. 

1. Partition the USB 
  2. Use Clover EFI Bootloader that generates content to be installed on USB (use any tutorial)
  3. Use Clover Configurator and “mount” EFI partition. Open mounted partition...
  4. Download the “USB_CLOVER folder” provided below, place the sub folders inside  “EFI” folder previously mounted (Drivers, Patches and Kexts you need to boot up and install Mac OS) 
  5. Unmount EFI partition (very important), Place the Clover Configurator app inside USB  
  6. Use any tutorial to install macOS on computer. Once macOS is fully installed, use Clover Configurator to Mount the EFI partition on the drive in which MacOS is installed. Open the EFI partition....
  7. Download the “Desktop Clover” folder provided below and follow the same steps for “USB Clover Folder” Afterwards, Unmount EFI partition.

Can you make a video of this?

Big Sur Beta 5 installed without issues, I uploaded my latest EFI using OpenCore 6.1.0 and the latest kexts to the main post, useful for making a USB installer, this EFI folder is the most current but will be out of date once Big Sur is officially released, I will post that EFI folder at that time.

Enjoy everyone 

Edited by Donw35