Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and Tower PC's

Donw35
430 posts in this topic

im usually just a lurker / reader but this helped me out a lot .

I usually only made laptop hackintoshs for myself and recently got my hands on an "old" g800 and with the pre-done SSDTs etc made it so much easier. 

currently running on big sur B5 no noticable issues besides sidecar not working and VGA port disabled.

thank you alot!

Edited by MrDodi
  • Like 1

Fixed my 800G1 front USB3.0 ports on High Sierra with this:

Hackintosh 10.13.6 USB Patch
High Sierra 10.13.6 requires a new USB patch to get all USB/USB3 ports recognized and working. You will also need the USBInjectAll.kext

1. Mount EFI Partition with Clover Configurator
  2. Navigate to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/
  3. Right-click open config.plist with Clover Configurator
  4. Click Kernel and Kext Patches under SECTIONS of Clover Configurator
  5. Click the “+” button near the bottom to add this patch (or edit if exists):
    • Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
    • Find* [HEX]: 837D880F 0F83A704 0000
    • Replace* [HEX]: 837D880F 90909090 9090
    • Comment: USB 10.13.6+
    • MatchOS: 10.13.x
  6. Save config.plist

Edited by kiikeep

On 8/21/2020 at 11:52 AM, Donw35 said:

Big Sur Beta 5 installed without issues, I uploaded my latest EFI using OpenCore 6.1.0 and the latest kexts to the main post, useful for making a USB installer, this EFI folder is the most current but will be out of date once Big Sur is officially released, I will post that EFI folder at that time.

Enjoy everyone 

Hi, bro

I've got my ALC221 working well with Catalina.but still wakeup failed.

it's HP 800G1 sff with I3-4170(HD4400).

here,its my TWO OC-EFI files,0.60 and 0.61,maybe useful for Big Sur Beta5 or newer.

Can you fix sleep-wakeup issues 

HP 800 G1 sff Catalina OC efiS.zip

SRY,pool English!

Edited by sydaint

On 4/25/2017 at 4:02 PM, Donw35 said:

11 Big Sur beta 5, installed from beta 4 without issue, I have included my EFI folder for your review, its using OpenCore 6.1.0 and latest kexts

11 Big Sur beta 4, OpenCore upgrade from 3 to 4 without issues

10.16 Big Sur beta 3, OpenCore, I was able to upgrade from beta 2 to beta 3 and I was able to create a USB installer an do a fresh install onto onto the HP. 

10.16 Big Sur beta 2, OpenCore, I was not able to do an upgrade from beta 1 to beta 2 but I was able to create a USB installer an do a fresh install onto onto the HP. 

10.16 Big Sur beta 1, OpenCore .0.6.0 needed. Tested and working but buggy, stay tuned for more information.

10.15.4 03/24/2020, Clover version 5107 needed before update, I ran in to CMOS resets after restarts of the OS, below was used to fix it.

• RTCMemoryFixup.kext
  • boot-arg= rtcfx_exclude=00-FF

I Added the USB_CLOVER folder needed if you want to create a USB installer, there are lots of tutorials on how to make one, just add my USB_Clover files.

10.15.3 01/28/2020, update with no issues.

10.15.2 12/10/2019, update with no issues.

10.15.1  11/30/2019 using VirtualSMC.kext for testing, working, also updated Acpi section for speedstep, it was missing. new EFI download.

10.15.1  11/08/2019 updated Kext version numbers.

10.15.1  10/29/2019 update without issues.

10.15     10/23/2019 using Intel onboard iGPU, made some changes to the /drivers/UEFI folder to fix sleep issues.

10.15     10/14/2019 using Intel onboard iGPU.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Sur Section:

CPU = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Haswell)

SMBIOS = iMac14,4

Latest Open Core 6.0 and kext required.

Working

Sleep

Wifi and Bluetooth (BCM4360)

Speed step working

Sound working with VoodooHDA, I have not had success with AppleHDA with alcid=11 or 15

not working

speed steep, fans seem to be running faster.

NEW-method

create Big Sur USB installer (google it, follow the steps)

unzip and copy my EFI_HP_800_G1_BigSur_Beta5.zip to your EFI partition of your USB installer

Boot with USB installer and follow the install process

OLD-method

• Install Bug sur from a working Mac mini using a USB SSD adapter
  • mounted EFI partition and copied OC EFI folder, make sure to get your own serial numbers
  • placed SSD into HP 800 G1 and let it boot.
  • Presented with Bug Sur desktop, enjoy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIOS (I am using v02.77 04/17/2019, but it should work with lower versions)

Option: Using a USB flash drive to install

Create USB installer using the many tutorials, once you have your USB done, install clover to it and use my USB_CLOVER folder, it has all the drivers, patches and kexts you need to boot up and install Mac OS. The use my Desktop Clover folder once you install Clover to your HDD.

Reveal hidden contents

1. use bios defaults

2. Storage = SATA Emulation >AHCI

This Method is no longer supported

1. Install High Sierra, Mojave or Catalina from a real MAC to the hard drive going into the HP EliteDesk 800 G1

2. Install Clover v5103 from real MAC to hard disk with the below options checked

* Clover for UEFI booting only

* Install Clover in the ESP

* Themes

* drivers/UEFI

ApfsDrvierLoader.efi

OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi

* Install RC scripts on target volume

* Optional RC Scripts - All

* Install Clover Preference Pane

3 Use Clover Configurator to Edit config.plist but see below for the code or just use mine and rename to config.plist 

4 Added the following Kext's to \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other

*** Versions are important, use latest ***

VooDooHDA.kext  

IntelMausi.kext

Lulu.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

Lulu.kext

VirtualSMC.kex

WhateverGreen.kext

5 Reboot and setup

6 Sleep working, wake up using keyboard  -- open terminal and type sudo pmset -a standby 0   to resolve issues with waking up

NOTE" VGA will not work, you will need to use the display port for your monitor, if you have a video card installed, check to make sure its compatible with OS X, top tip: install first without a video card, if all good, then install it.

Not working

4k does not work in OS X, I only tested video using the DP port

Some USB ports may not work, USB3 use lower blue in the back.

TVApp is not working but I have not spent a lot of time on it.

Sidecar not working, resolution in progress.

NOTE: this zip file may contain older versions of Kext's, make sure you are using the latest before rebooting.

HP_800_G1_CLOVER_01272020.zip

USB_CLOVER.zip

EFI_HP_800_G1_BigSur_Beta5.zip

You EFI works great, but on Beta6 there is no hardware acceleration. IGPU is correctly identified, with the correct amount of VRAM, but no hardware acceleration.. everything is pushed by the CPU which is always pegged. Any ideas?

On 4/25/2017 at 4:02 PM, Donw35 said:

11 Big Sur beta 5, installed from beta 4 without issue, I have included my EFI folder for your review, its using OpenCore 6.1.0 and latest kexts

11 Big Sur beta 4, OpenCore upgrade from 3 to 4 without issues

10.16 Big Sur beta 3, OpenCore, I was able to upgrade from beta 2 to beta 3 and I was able to create a USB installer an do a fresh install onto onto the HP. 

10.16 Big Sur beta 2, OpenCore, I was not able to do an upgrade from beta 1 to beta 2 but I was able to create a USB installer an do a fresh install onto onto the HP. 

10.16 Big Sur beta 1, OpenCore .0.6.0 needed. Tested and working but buggy, stay tuned for more information.

10.15.4 03/24/2020, Clover version 5107 needed before update, I ran in to CMOS resets after restarts of the OS, below was used to fix it.

• RTCMemoryFixup.kext
  • boot-arg= rtcfx_exclude=00-FF

I Added the USB_CLOVER folder needed if you want to create a USB installer, there are lots of tutorials on how to make one, just add my USB_Clover files.

10.15.3 01/28/2020, update with no issues.

10.15.2 12/10/2019, update with no issues.

10.15.1  11/30/2019 using VirtualSMC.kext for testing, working, also updated Acpi section for speedstep, it was missing. new EFI download.

10.15.1  11/08/2019 updated Kext version numbers.

10.15.1  10/29/2019 update without issues.

10.15     10/23/2019 using Intel onboard iGPU, made some changes to the /drivers/UEFI folder to fix sleep issues.

10.15     10/14/2019 using Intel onboard iGPU.

Big Sur Section:

CPU = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Haswell)

SMBIOS = iMac14,4

Latest Open Core 6.0 and kext required.

Working

Sleep

Wifi and Bluetooth (BCM4360)

Speed step working

Sound working with VoodooHDA, I have not had success with AppleHDA with alcid=11 or 15

not working

speed steep, fans seem to be running faster.

NEW-method

create Big Sur USB installer (google it, follow the steps)

unzip and copy my EFI_HP_800_G1_BigSur_Beta5.zip to your EFI partition of your USB installer

Boot with USB installer and follow the install process

OLD-method

• Install Bug sur from a working Mac mini using a USB SSD adapter
  • mounted EFI partition and copied OC EFI folder, make sure to get your own serial numbers
  • placed SSD into HP 800 G1 and let it boot.
  • Presented with Bug Sur desktop, enjoy

BIOS (I am using v02.77 04/17/2019, but it should work with lower versions)

Option: Using a USB flash drive to install

Create USB installer using the many tutorials, once you have your USB done, install clover to it and use my USB_CLOVER folder, it has all the drivers, patches and kexts you need to boot up and install Mac OS. The use my Desktop Clover folder once you install Clover to your HDD.

Reveal hidden contents

1. use bios defaults

2. Storage = SATA Emulation >AHCI

This Method is no longer supported

1. Install High Sierra, Mojave or Catalina from a real MAC to the hard drive going into the HP EliteDesk 800 G1

2. Install Clover v5103 from real MAC to hard disk with the below options checked

* Clover for UEFI booting only

* Install Clover in the ESP

* Themes

* drivers/UEFI

ApfsDrvierLoader.efi

OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi

* Install RC scripts on target volume

* Optional RC Scripts - All

* Install Clover Preference Pane

3 Use Clover Configurator to Edit config.plist but see below for the code or just use mine and rename to config.plist 

4 Added the following Kext's to \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other

*** Versions are important, use latest ***

VooDooHDA.kext  

IntelMausi.kext

Lulu.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

Lulu.kext

VirtualSMC.kex

WhateverGreen.kext

5 Reboot and setup

6 Sleep working, wake up using keyboard  -- open terminal and type sudo pmset -a standby 0   to resolve issues with waking up

NOTE" VGA will not work, you will need to use the display port for your monitor, if you have a video card installed, check to make sure its compatible with OS X, top tip: install first without a video card, if all good, then install it.

Not working

4k does not work in OS X, I only tested video using the DP port

Some USB ports may not work, USB3 use lower blue in the back.

TVApp is not working but I have not spent a lot of time on it.

Sidecar not working, resolution in progress.

NOTE: this zip file may contain older versions of Kext's, make sure you are using the latest before rebooting.

HP_800_G1_CLOVER_01272020.zip

USB_CLOVER.zip

EFI_HP_800_G1_BigSur_Beta5.zip

Your Big Sur  EFi works but there is no hardware acceleration. IGPU is correctly identified and with the correct Vram amount, but there is no acceleration. Everything is on the CPU which is often pegged.

Any help please? Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

Installed Catalina with the provided EFI using opencore and it works great when connected to a single monitory. With dual monitors it has issues booting up. Can someone help me get dual monitor issue fixed?

Edited by krtnptl

• 1 month later...

can confirm this works on the GM / Release of Big Sur.

Added my EFI folder which can be used for the install as well as after the instal.

However - for obivous reasons - all Serial Numbers and Boardnumbers have been replaced with "123" so if you want to have working iCloud , iMessage and all the other stuff - make sure to add your working Serials after installation! 

Simple Install Instruction:

make usable USB stick with gibMacOS of BigSur

Place Efi into USB Efi partition

Install

add efi of USB into your Hackintosh EFI partition

Edit SMBIOS / Serialnumber settings to get working Apple Services

Edit: added screenshot as proof:

https://imgur.com/udPJhCK

EFI.rar

IMG_7592.JPG

Edited by MrDodi
  • Like 1

Hello guys, I replace VoodooHDA with AppleALC and set layout id = 11, got high-quality audio from ALC221.

Attach is my EFI under 10.15.7 and it should work under Big Sur. I also integrate Broadcom 94360HMB driver, this wifi card should not be driven by Big Sur, I still find out the solution for it.

EFI_ALC.zip

Regards

On 11/14/2020 at 4:08 AM, demos41 said:

800 g2 no audio, other than that it works, Big Sur

EFI.zip

You can try to add HPET.aml from my EFI folder.

Hello,

I'm on an HP 800 G1 SFF which I'm using with a dual monitor setup.  My primary display is an Apple Cinema HD Display (23") and my Secondary Display is a Dell P2214Hb.

If I have only the Cinema HD Display connected and use HP_800_G1_OC063.zip then Catalina 10.15 boots normally.  If I plug in both the Cinema HD Display and the Dell at boot time then I get the attached image.  This looks like a low level OpenCore error - not sure how to proceed.

For now I have gone back to 10.13 (which is working with my dual monitor config) using this guide (via Clover): https://hackintosher.com/guides/high-sierra-install-full-guide/

If anyone could give me some hints/tips that would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Patrick

2ndMonitorProblem.png

Edited by prynhart

@Donw35: Sure are - both are Display Port (i.e. not VGA etc).  Also no dGPU installed into this HP 800 G1 SFF box, i.e. only using the onboard iGPU (via the 2 Display Port connectors).

With Thanks,

Patrick

Edited by prynhart

2 hours ago, prynhart said:

@Donw35: Sure are - both are Display Port (i.e. not VGA etc).  Also no dGPU installed into this HP 800 G1 SFF box, i.e. only using the onboard iGPU (via the 2 Display Port connectors).

With Thanks,

Patrick

I have the same issue but fewer differences. When the 800G1 box inserted 2 DP ports (whatever is iGPU or dGPU AMD WX4130), the system will keep crash and rebooting during the last step to activate the video card. 

After I connect only one screen and get the system to boot, a 'report problem' window occurs.

Edited by swanduron

well, we know the computer can do in Windows, I am thinking we would need to adjust the frame buffer and memory allocation, if I can get some time during the holiday break I will do some testing.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Donw35 said:

well, we know the computer can do in Windows, I am thinking we would need to adjust the frame buffer and memory allocation, if I can get some time during the holiday break I will do some testing.

A tip may help you to analyze this problem. Below link is a guide about how to patch Haswell HD4x00 framebuffer, but I can't get points. ToT

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/8723-enabling-dvidphdmi-and-increasing-vram-with-intel-haswell4th-gen-hd420044004600etc-igpu/

@swanduron and @Donw35: Thank you both for the replies :)

Some progress/changes/observations:

If I downgrade from HP_800_G1_OC063 to HP_800_G1_OC_58 then I can get past the boot screen problem above, but with Catalina (10.15) and dual DisplayPort Monitors - I get the spontaneous reboot just at the point where macOS tries to change from text mode (verbose boot) into the GUI.  If I have a single monitor connected then everything is fine.

If I use HP_800_G1_OC_58 in combination with Mojave (10.14.6) then everything is perfect, even with dual monitors!  So actually my workaround right at the moment is to use Mojave in conjunction with HP_800_G1_OC_58.  (Loving Dark mode.)

Edited by prynhart