Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and Tower PC's

Donw35
430 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

So the HP 800 G1 i setup for family member back in 2019 is looking for an update.

I decided to download Monterey 12.6, put the installer on a USB

then copied your EFI from 1st post into the EFI partition

then tried to boot from the USB

and the system isn't booting, after I select the USB to boot from it just shows a screen stating TRYING TO BOOT FROM USB

and thats it.

what am I doing wrong?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all

Recently I've been experimenting with Monterey via HP_800_G1_075.zip.  Although it works fine with a single monitor (connected via the onboard DisplayPort) as soon as I connect a second monitor (also via onboard DisplayPort), I get the following on the EFI Boot screen:

image.png.c173ef80da361514e79f22f6cda120bc.png

The error text reads:

OCC: Failed to set mode 2 (prev 1) with 1920x1200 resolution.  Halting on Critical Error.

I'm hoping that there might be some quick / easy fix for this ?  For the last three years I've been running on HP_800_G1_OC_58.zip with Mojave with Dual DisplayPort monitors, so I'm pretty sure that the hardware should be able to do it under Monterey.  Unfortunately I don't know enough about OC and customising the EFI.

@Donw35: I can't thank you enough for your amazing efforts with supporting HP Elitedesk 800 G1.  It's been my daily driver for 3 years - and preforms better than my Intel MacMini.

With Many Thanks

• 4 months later...

hi I finally managed to get a working efi for Ventura on the hp 800 g1 usdt 4k res works

you can try it and see how it goes

cannot post efii as is bigger than 10mb...

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 13.39.17.png

Edited by robi62
  • Like 1