Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and Tower PC's

Donw35
430 posts in this topic

I updated my 800 G1 USDT to OSX 10.15 Catalina yesterday - the upgrade itself went fine and afterwards I updated the various kexts to the latest versions.  My wireless card however is no longer working - it is an AzureWave AW-CE123H which is a Broadcom BCM94352HMB.  I had it working on Mojave by running the installer from here:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/844-azurewave-aw-ce123h/

After updating to Catalina the wireless seemed to work intermittently and the boot took a lot longer than usual and my PC kept locking up or restarting so I removed the various kexts it installed.  So my install now boots fine but of course no wireless - currently using the Intel Ethernet which works.  Is there any way to get this wireless card working in Catalina?  One of the problems was the installer tries to put the kexts in S/L/E which is now read-only in Catalina - I did try installing them in L/E but the card doesn't seem to be recognised.

I also have the problem with the USB3 ports not working - the two at the front don't work and only one of the rear USB3 ports works.  I have the USBInjectAll.kext installed - should I try the USBMap.kext linked to above?

UPDATE: I used the Hackintool program and mapped all of the USB2 and USB3 ports - I then exported the USBPorts.kext and SSDT-EC.aml files - all of my USB2 and USB3 ports are now working.

UPDATE2: Now got the wifi and BT working - installed the latest AirportBrcmFixup.kext for the wifi and found a Catalina version of BrcmPatchRAM3-V2.3.0d2.zip which seems to work as well.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/339175-brcmpatchram2-for-1015-catalina-broadcom-bluetooth-firmware-upload/?page=6

Edited by brookheather

so the USDT is working but the SFF is not, interesting. are we sure its not hardware causing the rebooting. most rebooting problems are caused by GFX issues or memory, are you using display port ?

System spec..

CPU = I5-4570

Memory = 16gb DDR3 1600Mhz

My SFF 

BIOS Version v02.77

Storage option = SATA Emulation AHCI

connections

USB Keyboard and mouse

24 inch Monitor connected using display port

here is my most recent clover folder, with this, it should work, if not, it must be something else.

CLOVER.zip

Edited by Donw35

Updated my Mini Tower to Catalina and noticed I was getting the machine wake up every 2hrs then go back to sleep. (previously was working fine with Mojave)

Found that there is a script in Clover ( v2.5k r5096 ) which is used to stop this called

"70.disable_sleep_proxy_client.local" but this was not getting applied. Catalina has broken it.

I found some other ways that although manual should apply the same.. 

"sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist ProgramArguments -array-add -DisableSleepProxyClient"

This didn't work either - as Catalina makes /System/Library/ read only all you get is errors

In the end I found this "sudo mount -uw /" then run "killall Finder" This remounts and makes writable (until reboot). So you can now modify the com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist to add "-DisableSleepProxyClient" or just swap yours for mine attached. It is Likely you'll have to redo on each update unless it gets fixed in clover.

During this whole process I also created a USBmap.kext and removed Injectall kext which might also be useful for those with a MT.

On another note... Anyone tried to get Sidecar working yet??! I have tried the various tweaks I found but no success yet.. 

defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display allowAllDevices -bool YES

defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display hasShownPref -bool true

open /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Sidecar.prefPane

com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist

USBMap.kext.zip

SSDT-UIAC.aml

Edited by mitch1
added updated usbmap and ssdt for mini tower

hi guys, does any one experience unexpected freeze while using catalina? i also have some wired experience with intel fix graphic. after each reboot/boot the display port which is connected doesn't work properly and i should change the port to work it with out graphic bug. any one can help me?

• 3 weeks later...

can any body refer to me the efi folder of Mojave installer USB for HP 800 G1

or a guide to install it on hp elitedisk 800 G1 twr

and i attached my efi files and the error i got

because I am strangling with it for many days

help me plz

EFI_2.zip

IMG_2078.JPG

Edited by meshoazzam

refer the first post, you have to many kext's and EFI drivers. your config.plist has to many option, review mine and make some changes. if you don't know what they do its best not to set them. less is more.

Edited by Donw35

are you using display port for your monitor. VGA doesn't work. also, some specs of you computer would help, what CPU and BIOS settings

Edited by Donw35