Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and Tower PC's

Donw35
430 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 10:04 AM, gnappoman said:

hello, anyone with big sur 11.4 and a working audio?

Hello bro, please see my EFI folder, it works under BigSur11.4, ALC is working fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for keeping this alive everyone. I’ve just clean installed big sur 11.4 successfully on my mini tower.

Thanks @Donw35 i used your EFI from first post.  ( HP_800_G1_OC63.zip )The newer ones in the thread wouldn’t work for me.
(Image attached)

Couple of tweaks I made:

Added the usbmap I created previously. Added the ALC kext from @swanduron -thanks !

Added the power mgmt ssdt from Dortania guide.
I also had to add darkwake=1024 to allow Sleep / WOL to work properly and fix Audio not returning after sleep. 

all seems to be working great at the moment. I will try to update to latest OC and Kext versions soon.

Updated fine  to OC72

should also add - I used time machine to copy over apps and stuff from the Catalina install. 

update - WOL was only waking the machine to a darkwake state and falling back to sleep after 45 secs. 

I experimented a lot with darkwake values but none seem to affect this behaviour. 

In the end I have removed darkwake flags ended up creating a fake ACPI device following Method 2 here  https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/misc/keyboard.html#method-1-add-wake-type-property-recommended but using the ACPI path of GLAN. All working great now. Sleeps and Wakes fine - and any WOL magic packet fully wakes the machine which is what I wanted! :D

1E6EAFF9-BC22-49EC-BDA1-FFFD016D39D2.jpeg

Edited by mitch1
added WOL detail

• 1 month later...

Hello folks my build rocks but an issue remains:

When cold booted it goes flawlessly, but if restarted it hangs at Apple logo, turning the screen black,,,,

any idea on how to fix that?

PS

I really reccomend all of you to buy a nvme.. I installed it on a cheap pci ex adaptor and it rocks!

You could not boot directly from the nvme, but if you just use CCC to copy ( using the Legacy Bootable Backup Assistant option https://bombich.com/kb/ccc6/cloning-macos-system-volumes-apple-software-restore )

you can copy everithing from the old drive to the new, and then formatting the old drive, leaving intact only the old EFI partition fot the system to boot from

Edited by gnappoman

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the 800 G1 to boot into Big Sur.  Thanks for all the helpful information in this thread!  Right now sound does not work because I disabled the VoodooHDA but I saw another thread and I think I know what to do to get sound working.  The thing that I'm stumped on now is the WiFi.  I'm using the original WiFi card that came with this machine but I'm not sure what to do or found anything similar?

• 3 weeks later...

For those that are playing along, this is the OpenCore .0.7.4 EFI for Monterey the HP 800 G1, this may work on others as well.

Notes

this EFI does not support AppleACL.kext as I use a USB audio device but someone could work that out and post it.

Make sure to use this EFI before upgrading to Monterey or it will not work

Link to the EFI in the first post

Edited by Donw35

5 hours ago, Donw35 said:

For those that are playing along, this is the OpenCore .0.7.4 EFI for Monterey the HP 800 G1, this may work on others as well.

Notes

this EFI does not support AppleACL.kext as I use a USB audio device but someone could work that out and post it.

Make sure to use this EFI before upgrading to Monterey or it will not work

Link to the EFI in the first post

What the USB audio you're using ?

Edited by hiphopboy

Works fine. This EFI is prefect working under macOS 12.0.1.

I installed BCM94352HMB for WIFI/BT and AMD WX4100 as extended display card (I have 2 4K monitors). All functions are working as expected, especially sleeping/waking is perfect.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*** UPDATE *** 11/20/2021

I have a new EFI folder with OC .0.7.5, Audio has been fixed using AppleHDA.kext, sound now works via internal speaker, HDMI, DisplayPort or output jack in the back. other improvements have increased boot time. I am still not able to get 4k working, if anyone wants to take that on, please do and share.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Donw35, Do you have any idea of dual DP monitor setup working? The secondary monitor seems wrong resolution/color when it connected to chassis. Please note that the first monitor is OK.

The attachment is my system information and I almostly don't change any values from your EFI but added Bluetooth related kexts.

info.txt

Edited by swanduron
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Donw35 said:

4k is working for me too but scaling doesn't work so great.. 4k@60Hz, not to bad...

thanks

1789942306_2021-12-2801_05_16.thumb.png.54d7b59c5e85c42e2868c6bc7751cef2.png

It's my pleasure.Looking forward to your efi update.

PS.↓This its my usb map. All usb port can works(usb3.0 port only support usb3.0 device) 

USBToolBox.kext.zipUTBMap.kext.zip

Making USB toolbox under Windows system https://github.com/USBToolBox/tool

There may be errors. You can make it by yourself under the win os.

Edited by Saranghero

• 1 month later...

Thanks, @Donw35 and all others for the information in this thread!

With your config I got the long waiting upgrade from Majove to Monterey on my EliteDesk 800 G1 to work.

Compared to the config from 11/20/2021 I had to make some modifications for a nearly perfectly running system:

•  Resoultion 2560x1440 needed some fixes for framebuffer values. The configuration from 11/20/2021 gave me a resolution 1920x1080, but not more. I played around with framebuffer values described in https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/gpu-patching/intel-patching/vram.html - with success. After a hint from @Hervé I reduced the Intel HD configuration to just two entries, no entries for framebuffer sizes, which also gave me the wanted higher resolution.
  • Added BlueToolFixup.kext to make the USB Bluetooth dongle work
  • Upgraded kexts: IntelMausiEthernet.kext is now IntelMausi.kext, newest USBInjectAll.kext doesn't work, so I took yours
  • Upgraded to OpenCore v0.7.6 --> some fixes in config.plist
  • Set XhciPortLimit to false to make my external USB hub work
  • Activated OpenCore GUI (aka Opencanopy) and boot chime (see https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/cosmetic/gui.html#setting-up-opencore-s-gui)
  • Set DisableLinkeditJettison to true, otherwise ocivalidate shows an error

config.plist

There remains one glitchy video effect I noticed and that I describe in another thread (cause this one was closed caused to my noob status).

It can be seen on the 3D borders of control center, dock, widgets, especially when hovering over the elements with the mouse. Looks like some kind of dithering from good-old-256-colors era.

image.png.4246877cdb4cb0347f7d0848b11c08e6.png

Can soneone reproduce this effect on his/her HP Elitedesk with internal Intel HD graphics?

23 hours ago, jota29 said:

Thanks, @Donw35 and all others for the information in this thread!

With your config I got the long waiting upgrade from Majove to Monterey on my EliteDesk 800 G1 to work.

Compared to the config from 11/20/2021 I had to make some modifications for a nearly perfectly running system:

•  Resoultion 2560x1440 needed some fixes for framebuffer values. The configuration from 11/20/2021 gave me a resolution 1920x1080, but not more. I played around with framebuffer values described in https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/gpu-patching/intel-patching/vram.html - with success. After a hint from @Hervé I reduced the Intel HD configuration to just two entries, no entries for framebuffer sizes, which also gave me the wanted higher resolution.
  • Added BlueToolFixup.kext to make the USB Bluetooth dongle work
  • Upgraded kexts: IntelMausiEthernet.kext is now IntelMausi.kext, newest USBInjectAll.kext doesn't work, so I took yours
  • Upgraded to OpenCore v0.7.6 --> some fixes in config.plist
  • Set XhciPortLimit to false to make my external USB hub work
  • Activated OpenCore GUI (aka Opencanopy) and boot chime (see https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/cosmetic/gui.html#setting-up-opencore-s-gui)
  • Set DisableLinkeditJettison to true, otherwise ocivalidate shows an error

config.plist 21.24 kB · 3 downloads

There remains one glitchy video effect I noticed and that I describe in another thread (cause this one was closed caused to my noob status).

It can be seen on the 3D borders of control center, dock, widgets, especially when hovering over the elements with the mouse. Looks like some kind of dithering from good-old-256-colors era.

image.png.4246877cdb4cb0347f7d0848b11c08e6.png

Can soneone reproduce this effect on his/her HP Elitedesk with internal Intel HD graphics?

Hi. I tried this config with OpenCore 0.7.6 (as you mentioned). My screen stays black and I cannot boot.

The 0.7.5 from the original post works but sometimes I have complete freezes. I don't know what this is.

On 1/31/2022 at 5:49 PM, teacher4711 said:

Hi. I tried this config with OpenCore 0.7.6 (as you mentioned). My screen stays black and I cannot boot.

The 0.7.5 from the original post works but sometimes I have complete freezes. I don't know what this is.

Activate verbose boot with "-v" in boot-args.

And: Use your own values in PlatformInfo->Gerneric. My values are of course removed.

As I mentioned: I had problems with the newest IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good job @chris1111, I can confirm its working on the HP800 G1,  I will have my EFI that I am using for other to enjoy and experiment with.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2017 at 5:02 PM, Donw35 said:

*** UPDATE *** 11/20/2021

I have a new EFI folder with OC .0.7.5, Audio has been fixed using AppleHDA.kext, sound now works via internal speaker, HDMI, DisplayPort or output jack in the back. other improvements have increased boot time. I am still not able to get 4k working, if anyone wants to take that on, please do and share. 

Monterey 12.01 works with this desktop, I needed to change the SMBIOS to iMac 16,1 and OC .0.7.4 and latests kexts.

This build does not include the Audio kexts as I am using a USB audio device. 

For all of those that have been playing along, I have condensed down this post and collapsed the beta data.

Simple install of Big Sur

• download Big Sur
  • create bootable USB stick (google it)
  • download EFI folder from this thread, copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition on USB stick
  • install Big Sur, make sure you hit F9 to boot off the USB between reboots
  • Copy EFI folder to Bug Sur disk you installed on (for mounting EFO partitions, you can use Clover Configurator and select Mount on the left Side menus)

Enjoy

Big Sur Beta notes

Reveal hidden contents

11.01 Big Sur, installed from beta 11, upgrade to OpenCore 0.6.3 before starting.

11 Big Sur beta 10, installed from beta 9, upgrade to OpenCore 0.6.3 before starting.

11 Big Sur beta 9, installed from beta 8 without issue.

11 Big Sur beta 8, installed from beta 7 without issue.

11 Big Sur beta 7, installed from beta 6 without issue, I have included my EFI folder for your review, its using OpenCore 0.6.2 and latest kexts

11 Big Sur beta 6, no issues

11 Big Sur beta 5, installed from beta 4 without issue, I have included my EFI folder for your review, its using OpenCore 0.6.1 and latest kexts

11 Big Sur beta 4, OpenCore upgrade from 3 to 4 without issues

10.16 Big Sur beta 3, OpenCore, I was able to upgrade from beta 2 to beta 3 and I was able to create a USB installer an do a fresh install onto onto the HP. 

10.16 Big Sur beta 2, OpenCore, I was not able to do an upgrade from beta 1 to beta 2 but I was able to create a USB installer an do a fresh install onto onto the HP. 

10.16 Big Sur beta 1, OpenCore .0.6.0 needed. Tested and working but buggy, stay tuned for more information.

10.15.4 03/24/2020, Clover version 5107 needed before update, I ran in to CMOS resets after restarts of the OS, below was used to fix it.

• RTCMemoryFixup.kext
  • boot-arg= rtcfx_exclude=00-FF

I Added the USB_CLOVER folder needed if you want to create a USB installer, there are lots of tutorials on how to make one, just add my USB_Clover files.

10.15.3 01/28/2020, update with no issues.

10.15.2 12/10/2019, update with no issues.

10.15.1  11/30/2019 using VirtualSMC.kext for testing, working, also updated Acpi section for speedstep, it was missing. new EFI download.

10.15.1  11/08/2019 updated Kext version numbers.

10.15.1  10/29/2019 update without issues.

10.15     10/23/2019 using Intel onboard iGPU, made some changes to the /drivers/UEFI folder to fix sleep issues.

10.15     10/14/2019 using Intel onboard iGPU.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Sur Section:

CPU = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Haswell)

SMBIOS = iMac14,4

Latest Open Core 6.0 and kext required.

Working

Sleep

Wifi and Bluetooth (BCM4360)

Speed step working

Sound working with VoodooHDA, I have not had success with AppleHDA with alcid=11 or 15

not working

speed steep, fans seem to be running faster.

NEW-method

create Big Sur USB installer (google it, follow the steps)

unzip and copy my EFI_HP_800_G1_BigSur_Beta5.zip to your EFI partition of your USB installer

Boot with USB installer and follow the install process

OLD-method

• Install Bug sur from a working Mac mini using a USB SSD adapter
  • mounted EFI partition and copied OC EFI folder, make sure to get your own serial numbers
  • placed SSD into HP 800 G1 and let it boot.
  • Presented with Bug Sur desktop, enjoy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIOS (I am using v02.77 04/17/2019, but it should work with lower versions)

Option: Using a USB flash drive to install

Create USB installer using the many tutorials, once you have your USB done, install clover to it and use my USB_CLOVER folder, it has all the drivers, patches and kexts you need to boot up and install Mac OS. The use my Desktop Clover folder once you install Clover to your HDD.

Older versions

Reveal hidden contents

1. use bios defaults

2. Storage = SATA Emulation >AHCI

This Method is no longer supported

1. Install High Sierra, Mojave or Catalina from a real MAC to the hard drive going into the HP EliteDesk 800 G1

2. Install Clover v5103 from real MAC to hard disk with the below options checked

* Clover for UEFI booting only

* Install Clover in the ESP

* Themes

* drivers/UEFI

ApfsDrvierLoader.efi

OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi

* Install RC scripts on target volume

* Optional RC Scripts - All

* Install Clover Preference Pane

3 Use Clover Configurator to Edit config.plist but see below for the code or just use mine and rename to config.plist 

4 Added the following Kext's to \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other

*** Versions are important, use latest ***

VooDooHDA.kext  

IntelMausi.kext

Lulu.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

Lulu.kext

VirtualSMC.kex

WhateverGreen.kext

5 Reboot and setup

6 Sleep working, wake up using keyboard  -- open terminal and type sudo pmset -a standby 0   to resolve issues with waking up

NOTE" VGA will not work, you will need to use the display port for your monitor, if you have a video card installed, check to make sure its compatible with OS X, top tip: install first without a video card, if all good, then install it.

Not working

4k does not work in OS X, I only tested video using the DP port

Some USB ports may not work, USB3 use lower blue in the back.

TVApp is not working but I have not spent a lot of time on it.

Sidecar not working, resolution in progress.

NOTE: this zip file may contain older versions of Kext's, make sure you are using the latest before rebooting.

HP_800_G1_075.zip 7.59 MB · 541 downloads

pc hp 800 g1 tower with intel hd 4600

i uesd your efi but stuck here any pls ?

20220810_141107.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 2:56 AM, Donw35 said:

Good job @chris1111, I can confirm its working on the HP800 G1,  I will have my EFI that I am using for other to enjoy and experiment with.

Hi, I've just upgraded from clover catalina to opencore 7.5 monterey from the EFI you provided. 

I want to know if it's safe to update the opencore version ? I see from your signature you're using opencore 7.8

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 8:56 AM, Donw35 said:

Donw35 would you share your EFI which works with Ventura?  

regards Andreas

Edited by schmalen