Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and Tower PC's

Donw35
430 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Donw35 said:

are you using display port for your monitor. VGA doesn't work. also, some specs of you computer would help, what CPU and BIOS settings

i've got an 4th generation i7 with default bios config + AHCI both displays connected to display port

Hi @Donw35 i'm still having sleep issues since catalina upgrade - detailed post below. 

I just thought i'd recheck my clover folder vs your latest in post 1 - it seems like you have only ApfsDriverLoader.efi and OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi in drivers in the latest iteration? 

I'm still using a few from a previous iteration

image.png.1ed93622d60ed64d05e2cf5a461fcb61.png

- can I ask what made you tweak them down to just the 2 above? anything here likely to help solve my sleep / darkwake issue? 

Edited by mitch1
oops: missed this " 10/23/2019 using Intel onboard iGPU, made some changes to the /drivers/UEFI folder to fix sleep issues." what were the issues you had ?

I use only what is needed to get into the OS, some of those drivers are not needed or not needed for what I am doing and of course some address issues with other hardware or motherboards. 

try using darkwake= 8 and remove all the FakeSMC_* sensor kexts, see if that helps, also, don't use Chrome or have it running when your system enters sleep mode.

• Like 1

unfortunately no change with the slimmed down driver folder or removal of sensor kexts. Just switched to VirtualSMC to see if that makes any difference.. will report back. Its such a tedious process as it always sleeps fine the first night to start doing the same tonne of darkwakes on the 2nd night

Yes switched to your latest clover folder from post 1. Kept my usb ssdt as I have a mini tower. If yours is not having the same issues I can only assume it’s hardware related - if no change with VirtualSMC I will unplug BDdrive next (although was no issue in Mojave)

Edited by mitch1

VirtualSMC no different here either. Also unplugged optical drives and wifi card just in case- Same result - goes all night to from 22:47 - 6:56am every few minutes.

Is yours the same or no problem? 

next up I will try clean install on a spare HDD. 

77940431_Screenshot2019-12-01at09_41_08.png.3498ab02c69b1af7395b93f266304f15.png

Hmm not sure that’s the same as mine ? Much less frequent and no Darkwakes in the log.

Extract from my brand new install onto new Hdd attached - no wakes overnight and the couple in the day was me touching keyboard. Will see again tonight if it stays asleep. 

Really no mega odd 3rd party software on the problem build except Tuxera NTFS driver and VNC server so of it stays asleep without these I’ll look here next. 

A14ECF1E-234A-4406-B83E-09392C1CF4B7.jpeg

Hey @Donw35

i was struggling to increase the vram of the intel hd4600 behind a dp-vga screen as well as the alc back on.

And then i discovered your post, and your clover is a marvelous work.

i was able to keep my bcm94350zae and a nvme, now it’s almost perfect, so thank you for that piece of cake you gave us!

Edited by Machine
  • Like 1

Unfortunately the clean install is doing the same again . 1st night fine then second night turns into an insomniMac ! May try the voodooHDA Kext next else just switch back to Mojave .. don’t like admitting defeat though. 

931E0022-2D24-44F8-A3B5-52F87FB159CA.jpeg

I've just been playing with the log and using

pmset -g log|grep -e " Sleep " -e " Wake " -e " DarkWake " 

reveals a bit more info. 

758434759_Screenshot2019-12-03at22_28_12.thumb.png.d63c771a8b7568344a7279466ae06f6b.png

A bit of googling found this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/catalina-odd-wake-behavior.286554/ and https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250859699 which is the exact same issue.

[*process=dasd request=Maintenance ... seems to be the issue

- no resolution yet but restarting everyday seems to stop it occurring. I'm thinking this is a Catalina bug rather than EFI problem.

Edited by mitch1
found more like me..

• 2 weeks later...