Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and Tower PC's

Donw35
430 posts in this topic

Then it looks that this is the issue. With 2.77 you have 32MB DVMT which is enough for 1080p. For 1440p you need probably more DVMT... Does somebody knows to fake macOS that a 1080p monitor is attached instead of a 1440p?

So I did some quick testing, I connected my machine to a 4k Monitor and was able to get 2560X1440x60hz in OS X and 4k in Windows 10. Be sure you are using a quality DP cable, cheap ones or adapters can cause issues with OS X including crashing.

Actually I was able to get 4k and bump the ram to 2gb. I think you have either a bad cable or bad RAM

800G1_no_4k.png

Edited by Donw35

I am running 10.15.4 Catalina, 2.77 BIOS, tried this on SFF, USFF. Display port to Display port, no adapters. 16Gb Ram. 

4k works solid in Win10, works in OS X but patches in clover needed, even then not as solid, I don't use it.

Might I suggest install win10 and running the machine through some tests, it shouldn't be this hard to get that machine to work.

In windows it works totally fine. I see idd also 2GB memory usage at GPU. 

Special Bios settings needed? I just default them and disabled legal booting. Or does it require specific other things? I changed DP cable no results. 

Edited by Pluskat5000Schiffe

Yes I'm now with only one stick. Maybe I should reflash 2.77

This I EFI I currently use with clover 5108

CLOVER-8.zip which is yours. Can you double check all is in?
I had it working in Mojave. Maybe I give it a try again with Mojave. Did you upgrade from Mojave to Catalina or clean install?

ok, let's do this, remove USBPorts.kext and replace it with USBInjectAll.kext, then in clover in the Kernel and Kext Patches enable the two items for USB port assignments. Let's make sure that the USBPort.kext I created for my machine isn't causing issues for yours.

I am assuming you never placed any kexts in /Library/Extension correct ? that's a no no...

I did upgrade on one machine and fresh install on another. no issues with either

Edited by Donw35

I have interesting information .... Revert back latest LILU +WEG and I had to do this:

image.thumb.png.79d6aabbda6fda03643a9c2a4fda6f01.png

Add PciRoot entry for iGP, platform was ig-platform-id=0x0d220003 byte swapped 0300220d and device ID was device-id 12040000 byte swapped 00000412

Now I have install GUI installing Catalina right now. Installed and Gui is working... I do however only have 14MB VRAM

config kopie.plist

Edited by Pluskat5000Schiffe

Here is how I did it, 2GB ram and 4k support

Kernel and Kext patches

Name:

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

Find:

0300220D 00030303 00000002 00003001

replace:

0300220D 00030303 00000004 00000003

Devices - Properties

Devices

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

Properties Key                       Properties Value 

AAPL,ig-platform-id                    0300220D

device-id                                  12040000

framebuffer-patch-enable           01000000

framebuffer-unifiedmem             00000080

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 5.52.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 5.53.11 PM.png

Edited by Donw35
added info

I documented only this differences between yours and mine, not sure if these would make a difference but it can hurt...

Secure Boot Configuration

Legacy Support = Enabled

OS Power Management

Runtime Power Management = Enabled

Idle Power Savings = Extended

Bus Options

PCI SERR# Generation = Enabled

Device Options

USB3.0 BIOS Driver Support = Enabled 

Management Operations

AMT = Enabled

Option ROM Launch Policy

All set to Legacy Only

Connected BIOS = Enabled

I give up ... downloading all bios-es from HP FTP and will reprogram as soon my BIOS programmer arrives. Did you read the post from BasilFX on page 6? Look exactly to my issues. Time will tell. Cheers Han

• 1 month later...

I have it on all my systems below and all are working fine. I updated clover and kexts before install in the laptop but on the 800 G1 I am using OpenCore 5.8

• Like 1

Here is the OpenCore 5.8.0 EFI I am using on the HP 800 G1, your mileage will very. you should be able to boot to the desktop and then create your own serial numbers in the PlatForm section.  not doing so will result in iCloud and iMessage not working.

Give it a try and report back.

HP_800_G1_OC_58.zip

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Donw35 said:

Here is the OpenCore 5.8.0 EFI I am using on the HP 800 G1, your mileage will very. you should be able to boot to the desktop and then create your own serial numbers in the PlatForm section.  not doing so will result in iCloud and iMessage not working.

Give it a try and report back.

HP_800_G1_OC_58.zip

Donw35, thank you very much !  It boot perfectly!  I add AirportBrcmFixup.kext for my netcard and it works very good.

• Like 1