Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and Tower PC's

Donw35
430 posts in this topic

@Donw35 First off, thank you so much for this guide and your support files. Using an iMac, I was able to install Catalina on a Samsung Evo 860 SSD and put the drive into my EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR and it worked like a charm. My question is with the serial number that gets assigned. I used your config.plist. I installed Clover Configurator (CC), but the only thing I used CCfor is to remove unwanted menu items in Clover during bootup and to clean things up a bit. I have no intention on using Facetime, Messages, or anything that needs a unique serial. I do however have a {censored} load of stuff I bought on the Mac App Store like Final Cut X. Do I need to create a new serial number, and if so, how do I do this? I just don't want to mess things up after many hours of trying to get this up and running.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

This is my Intel Power Gadget Screenshot. Is it Normal? I think my intel speedstep is not workong well...

@Donw35 I haven't used the SSDT-EC.aml from your EFI Folder. What does it actualy do?

Also I haven't build a USBMap.Kext and I use USBInjectAll.kext for my USB ports to work. Is there a problem with that?

Thanks for the great info everyone shares here!!!  

My hackintosh:

HP EliteDesk G1 800 TWR,  i7-4770, AshRock Radeon RX 570* Phantom Gaming 8GB, 16GB, 2X250GB SSD + 500GB HDD, 10.15.4 + windows 10 dualboot

*The original 320 watt PSU was enough for the discreet GPU just with an adapter.

PowerGadgetScreenshot.png

Edited by gpapadak

SSDT-EC.am

Renaming EC0 to EC can only work if you actually have an EC0. in my experience, this was need to get the OS to load.

I used Hackintool to create the USBMap.kext, its easy to do, just follow the steps in the program by clicking on the I in the circle. I do not recommend using mine as it was created on a different model.

I am including a current Clover folder I am working on, I stopped using AppleALC.kext due to wake issues. I want to use the lest about of settings in config.plist and the least kexts and drivers. This clover has working sleep, sound, speed steep. Look at ACPI section, this will help you to get speed step working

CLOVER.zip

Ok @Donw35 thanks for helping,

used your "minimalistic" config and everything works. Generated a USBPorts.kext with the instructions of hackintool.

Q: Why do you use both SSDT-###.aml files in the ACPI/Patched folder and the USBPorts.kext? In hackintool help advises otherwise.

I followed instructions using only USBPorts.kext It did not generated an SSDT-EC.aml for me so no file in the ACPI /Patched folder.

Kept AppleALC.kext and its config injection as it worked perfect for me. No problems with sleep or wake and even removed Graphics Entries left everything blank GPU works perfect with sleep wake but I have disabled IGPU.

EDIT: I just retested Sleep and it is not working. At least no crashes....

Still I am not sure for speed step as  I think the Intel Power Gadget shows lower frequencies in windows 10 but with the win gui is difficult to tell the differences. I attach 2 screenshots win and osx. Also my config.plist

config-share.plist

IPG macOS.png

IPG win10.png

Edited by gpapadak
retest sleep

hi I was reading your topic and I have currently an issue that my system panics while rebooting / or shutdown. I don't know if it resets the BIOS but every time I boot my system it notifies me that the system had panicked. It works perfectly smooth but only reboot / shutdown is causing issues. Your tips at post one didn't help. Any idea? It is a standard ProDesk 600G1 which is almost the same as Elite Desk 800G1 thx.

That is interesting, try using Hackintool and rebuild kextcache and rebuild permissions. what apps do you have running in the back ground ?

The BIOS is limited on these models so it's probably not that. do you have an dGPU ?

9 hours ago, Donw35 said:

That is interesting, try using Hackintool and rebuild kextcache and rebuild permissions. what apps do you have running in the back ground ?

The BIOS is limited on these models so it's probably not that. do you have an dGPU ?

No dGPU, Well good news and bad news. I have update to bios 2.77 because I saw you did too. After that I couldn't boot anymore into GUI. I can boot now with inject intel and use a bogus fakeid 0x12345678 but it shows 7MB vram. I think the problem I have right now has to do with the DVMT preallocation being too small. My cpu has HD4600. What is best approach Lilu + Whatevergreen ? If so can somebody paste exact properties content I have to paste in clover configurator? Good news is that a complete restart or shutdown is going ok without notify a panic after next boot. I'm doing now a clean installation of Catalina. 

Edited by Pluskat5000Schiffe

Add my EFI based on FakePCIID method. I'm aware this needs to be LiLU with WEG but with this method and a bogus Fake PCID I can enter in macOS Catalina however only with 7MB Vram.

Where to begin?

EFI.zip

Edited by Pluskat5000Schiffe

you shouldn't have to do that, you can see from my folder that it is not needed, this I the clover from my HP 800 G1 SFF, the other folder was from my HP 800 G1 USFF

hum, interesting, you can see that in mine I do not need any settings in clover.plist, with L and W you don't need them.

What CPU in in your system ?

On 5/7/2019 at 6:18 PM, basilfx said:

will this work in 2.77 too? Prodesk 600 uses same BIOS as 800 G1 SFF

//
// HP 800 G1 SFF BIOS 02.75 only!
//

// Change DVMT Pre-Allocated to 128 MiB
setup_var 0x233 0x4

// Disable CFG-LOCK
setup_var 0x4a3 0x0

54 minutes ago, Donw35 said:

hum, interesting, you can see that in mine I do not need any settings in clover.plist, with L and W you don't need them.

What CPU in in your system ?

4670 ... this thing is driving me mad... ;-) I just applied the settings of 

setup_var 0x233 0x4 & setup_var 0x4a3 0x0 

no difference ...

I am using a 4570 here, no major difference between the two. so when you use my lastest clover you are still getting the crash on reset or when power down ?, sorry, with all this back and forth I forget what are trying to clear up.

7 minutes ago, Donw35 said:

I am using a 4570 here, no major difference between the two. so when you use my lastest clover you are still getting the crash on reset or when power down ?, sorry, with all this back and forth I forget what are trying to clear up.

That was my original issue. I had bought this clunker and updated the bios. Before that it worked with Mojave but couldn't shutdown the system. It was not turning itself off. When I enforced it with the powerbutton after a boot it complained it had a panic but after that it booted fine this was in Mojave. So I decided to to upgrade the bios. Since 2.77 bios it didn't work anymore (fresh Catalina installer) however I found out that the DVMT is defaulted at 32MB. I changed it now to this (also CFG lock disabled) but no difference.