Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra on HP 800 G1 USDT,SFF and Tower PC's

Donw35
430 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Donw35 said:

well, for me I only see ++++++++++++++++ when KernelPM is missing from config.plist and OsxAptioFixDrv.efi is missing from /drivers/UEFI

soon man, didn't think for you to check VGA, Mac's don't have VGA so you will need to use the display port.

question, us this a tower, Small desktop ?

Hello,

it's a tiny very desktop "SFF"

I'll try to have a look on this EFI

What sounds strange is that I followed several tutorials and distro step by step with configs and still no luck

I suspect something wrong with this box

On 5/7/2019 at 12:18 PM, basilfx said:

I'd like to share my experience with the HP 800 G1 SFF. My machine is a i5-4590 with 16GiB of RAM with using the integrated HD4600 as IGPU. I'm using:

Machine:

• BIOS version 02.75.
  • Using BIOS defaults:
    • Disable VT-D
    • Disable PCI Option Roms (this one prevented me to boot via DisplayPort).
  • Additional BIOS hacks (see below).
  • macOS 10.14.4 installed via a separate machine.
  • Video over DisplayPort.

Clover:

KEXTS (all in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other):

• IntelMausiEthernet (2.5.0d0)
  • Lilu (1.3.5)
  • VirtualSMC (1.0.3 with all drivers)
  • USBInjectAll (0.7.1)
  • VoodooHDA (2.9.1)
  • WhateverGreen (1.2.8)

Drivers (all in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI):

• ApfsDriverLoader-64
  • AptioMemoryFix-64
  • VirtualSmc

I spent a lot of hours on minimizing the config.plist file to stay as vanilla as possible, and remove anything that doesn't add (noticeable) value.

Now here comes the real work. Initially, I found out that you cannot disable CFG LOCK in the BIOS. It's easily fixed using some of the Clover patches, but I wanted to use a different approach. First, I tried to patch my BIOS using UEFIPatch. Patching went well, but flashing not. I then downloaded the BIOS using an EEPROM reader, did the patching and flashed in back. This worked great, and I verified this using the AppleIntelInfo.kext.

I then wanted to fix my HD4600 graphics, but there is no way in the BIOS to set the amount of memory allocated (DVMT setting). I then came across this excellent blog that also applies to the HP 800 G1 BIOS. Using this method, I could set the DVMT Pre-Allocated setting. But it also turns out that you can disable the CFG Lock this way! I reverted my BIOS, and used the following two commands in the EFI Shell (not the one from Clover, see the article):

//
// HP 800 G1 SFF BIOS 02.75 only!
//

// Change DVMT Pre-Allocated to 128 MiB
setup_var 0x233 0x4

// Disable CFG-LOCK
setup_var 0x4a3 0x0

Again, you can verify this change using AppleIntelInfo.

I currently have this machine running for about a day and I am typing this from this machine. Sound works, LAN works, sleep works, USB ports work, P/C states work and Turbo Boost works. The power button doesn't work (but I don't care), neither does 4K@60Hz output. Let's see what coming days will bring, but so far it has been a great learning. 

is this the 2.77 bios mod? Can you share a copy?

10 hours ago, Donw35 said:

that should do it, send your clover folder and I will have a look at it

Thank you very much. Here is the full EFI directory

Here what I've done:

- Fresh USB Format

- Mojave transfer using createmediainstall

- Clover 2.5k r5079

- As many drivers as possible

- Added your kext

- Modified the config.plist as yours

Thanks a lot for any advice

CLOVER.zip

config.plist

Yes, sleep works but not all the time, it does freeze when I wake it up sometimes, I think it has to do with what was let open in the background, I noticed that Chrome will cause this problem if it has a site with sound in it. I am thinking this could be voodoo related. need more info though... are you using a USB bluetooth device ?

On 9/14/2019 at 1:10 AM, Donw35 said:

share with me the process you are using to create the bootable USB.. I will see if I can replicate it and find a solution

Hello,

thanks a lot for your help and time. By the way, I've followed several tutos and tried several distributions with no success. 

I think this little machine is incompatible with Mojave... I thought I'd have small probs (sleep or sound) but not such a "no way out" :-) 

Do you really think any more tries would make this work?

18 hours ago, nowhere44 said:

Hello,

thanks a lot for your help and time. By the way, I've followed several tutos and tried several distributions with no success. 

I think this little machine is incompatible with Mojave... I thought I'd have small probs (sleep or sound) but not such a "no way out" :-) 

Do you really think any more tries would make this work?

Hello,

I've made another test with exactly the same hardware, another PC which boots Mojave !

I've checked every bios setting, the same except bios version

Same drives, everything the same, screen, keyboard...

One is booting, the other don't

I'm getting mad :-(

Hey guys, I don't mind helping but if you could post your specs it would help out.

BISO version

BIOS Settings

Video (built in or card)

CPU type

Memory

HDD or SSD

dual boot or starting fresh

What process are you using to install (USB stick, install Mac OS onto the HDD from a real Mac)

Edited by Donw35
  • Like 1

Hey everyone, I updated the main thread with new instructions and updated Clover.zip, please give this a try and let me know, keep in mind that I have have a real Mac so I am install the OS on to my HDD/SSD/nVME from that, then just add my clover folder. I also added a very important BIOS setting.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Donw35 said:

Hey everyone, I updated the main thread with new instructions and updated Clover.zip, please give this a try and let me know, keep in mind that I have have a real Mac so I am install the OS on to my HDD/SSD/nVME from that, then just add my clover folder. I also added a very important BIOS setting.

Can I use it with HP Prodesk 600 G1? I see that the bios version is same. Not sure what are the differences with the hardware though.

On 10/2/2019 at 9:54 PM, Donw35 said:
1 hour ago, Donw35 said:

it's possible,  what CPU are you using. I would give it a go...

I'm using i5-4590. I already tested it and in fact writing on it. Only 2 usb3 ports are working. 1 in front and 1 at the back. Is that correct?

Yes, if you want them all to work, try the this...

Name: IOUSBHostFamily
Find: c20200e0 83fb0f
Replace: c20200e0 83fb3f

Comment: USB port limit patch 10.14.x (credit ydeng)

Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find: 4183ff0f 0f839404 0000
Replace: 4183ff3f 0f839404 0000

Comment: USB port limit patch 10.14.6

Like I said, I am use USBMap.lext that I created. using this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3V7szXZZTc