[Guide] El Capitan, Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

MaLd0n
2,509 posts in this topic

Mald0n,

I have an HP Elite 8300 Tower (Full) with no additional video card at present and am running somewhat OK on the onboard HD2500.  I do plan to pickup something cheap for it asap, along with a bit more RAM.  However in the meantime I have it running off of your Clover, I've collected that files and humbly request your assistance with this system.  During boot, it states it does not recognize the CPU despite it being listed with the 13.2 system.  

Thank you in advance sir!

IOREG:

https://nofile.io/f/jSfqFYpQjZt/John%E2%80%99s+iMac.ioreg

CLOVER.zip

Send me John’s iMac.zip

• Like 1

I discovered I was very behind on BIOS and have since updated.  I am posting everything again as I can see some of the changes in dsdt.

https://nofile.io/f/7K7bbwYYA6q/Send+me+John%E2%80%99s+iMac.zip

try

CLOVER.zip

generate SSDT for native Power Management

ssdtPRGen.command.zip

use DPCI Manager and take a Screenshot in PCI List

DPCIManager.app.zip

• Like 1

guys, i'm really sorry, i know this is installation thread guide, but i dont know where else to ask this question, i've been facing lag problem when opening launchpad since high sierra latest build, so yesterday i decided to downgrade to sierra 10.12.6, and also facing the same problem, when opening launchpad not smooth at all, but when i boot via usb stick and opening launchpad it very smooth, i already deleted com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist and nothing happens, the lag problem still exist, i also disable integrated graphics in bios, help me guys . . .

My Spec

intel DH61WW (series 6 chipset Mobo)

6 Gb Ram DDR3

Asus NVidia Geforce 210 1Gb

Intel Core i3 3240 3.4 Ghz (Ivy Bridge)

once again, im sorry

note:

im using DSDT patches from maldon in page 34

here my clover and ioreg 

CLOVER.zip

ariefsultan’s iMac_ori.zip

• Like 1

guys, i'm really sorry, i know this is installation thread guide, but i dont know where else to ask this question, i've been facing lag problem when opening launchpad since high sierra latest build, so yesterday i decided to downgrade to sierra 10.12.6, and also facing the same problem, when opening launchpad not smooth at all, but when i boot via usb stick and opening launchpad it very smooth, i already deleted com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist and nothing happens, the lag problem still exist, i also disable integrated graphics in bios, help me guys . . .

My Spec

intel DH61WW (series 6 chipset Mobo)

6 Gb Ram DDR3

Asus NVidia Geforce 210 1Gb

Intel Core i3 3240 3.4 Ghz (Ivy Bridge)

once again, im sorry

note:

im using DSDT patches from maldon in page 34

here my clover and ioreg 

Take a test

CLOVER.zip

sound like very old problem, AGPM

if u can try

check here

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1839

ok, i'll give it a try, thanks for fast response maldon  :D

maldon, u are my savior man :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: , i try from the link u gave me, and u know whattttt, bbboooommmm, its extremely smooth when i opening launchpad right now, i follow step by step from the guide, i've been searching this solution almost a month  :D  :D  :D

obrigado maldon  :)  :) , maybe i'll stay at sierra right now  :)

• Like 1

OK, I've generated the SSDT and after replacing my Clover directory put it into the appropriate spot.  Upon reboot I get hung at IOConsole.  This is what my initial USB did until I happened upon changing my ig-platform-id to the unheard of 0x01660005.  With that, I can boot but have 1024x768 res.  I tried putting this back to the same value on boot and a few other ids but no dice.  I gave up and booted from my usb, set the id to 0x01660005 and took the screenshot as requested.  Thank you for your help!

post-1064160-0-06633300-1516176688_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

ok, i'll give it a try, thanks for fast response maldon  :D

maldon, u are my savior man :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: , i try from the link u gave me, and u know whattttt, bbboooommmm, its extremely smooth when i opening launchpad right now, i follow step by step from the guide, i've been searching this solution almost a month  :D  :D  :D

obrigado maldon  :)  :) , maybe i'll stay at sierra right now  :)

Yes, go to High Sierra

Enjoy!

OK, I've generated the SSDT and after replacing my Clover directory put it into the appropriate spot.  Upon reboot I get hung at IOConsole.  This is what my initial USB did until I happened upon changing my ig-platform-id to the unheard of 0x01660005.  With that, I can boot but have 1024x768 res.  I tried putting this back to the same value on boot and a few other ids but no dice.  I gave up and booted from my usb, set the id to 0x01660005 and took the screenshot as requested.  Thank you for your help!

use it

DSDT.aml.zip

for ur Graphics, sincerely, buy one simple card with support if u don't use hard/big images/videos

• Like 1

Thanks I will test soon as I get home today.  What's different with this DSDT from previous one in clover.zip? 

I am looking around at work for something I can use until I order one, that 2500 I realize is a no win. 

Thanks again for your help man!

I found an EVGA Geforce GT610 in one of my techs office and I see this has some issues with 10.13 but will work with certain exceptions.  My workstation is task specific and I can live with the default res, no sleep, etc if needed.  Given your expertise Mald0n do you have any pointers for ensuring the smoothest experience with this card?

• Like 1

Thanks I will test soon as I get home today.  What's different with this DSDT from previous one in clover.zip? 

patch hd 2500 removed, i think this GPU dont work full enable in HS

I found an EVGA Geforce GT610 in one of my techs office and I see this has some issues with 10.13 but will work with certain exceptions.  My workstation is task specific and I can live with the default res, no sleep, etc if needed.  Given your expertise Mald0n do you have any pointers for ensuring the smoothest experience with this card?

some ppl report, work

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326924-geforce-gt610-works-in-high-sierra/

Hey MaLd0n,

I've lately been trying to switch my brother's old gaming rig into a hackitosh for music production, but i either forgot how to, or something is very strange...
The specs are as follows:

MB: Asus Sabertooth p67 (bios 3602)

CPU: i7 2600

GFX: AMD HD5770

I tried all the guides i could find, but non worked!

• Like 1

Hey MaLd0n,

I've lately been trying to switch my brother's old gaming rig into a hackitosh for music production, but i either forgot how to, or something is very strange...

The specs are as follows:

MB: Asus Sabertooth p67 (bios 3602)

CPU: i7 2600

GFX: AMD HD5770

I tried all the guides i could find, but non worked!

i think ur problem is AMD GPU

send me one screenshot error

Hi MaLd0n,

I have X99 system. It will be appreciated if you can you patch the DSDT for me. 

hardware info: 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4

CPU: Intel i7 5820K

GPU: Sapphire NITRO+ RX 580 8GB

SSD: Samsung EVO 850 250GB

RAM: 16GB BALLISTIX TACTICAL

Good hack  :).

Replace full folder, reboot, send me new ioreg

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

Thanks, I am now running the modified DSDT and booting up with 1660005.  I tried the GT610 with current web driver and without, nv_disable=1 or without,iject or not etcc but each time get bot loop at ioconsole3 messages. I say loop because the screen wipes and they are printed again and again.  Any tips on getting this to work besides the driver you posted a while back? Im going to try that after dinner, and if not Amazon me another card asap.

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks again. I started my job and will try later this evening. I’m really confusing about Mac Pro 6,1 smbois. I have read that it needs to be GFX1@0 something like that under display section as it does not have iGPU. Do you think it is better change to iMac smbois? I have doubt that FCPX does not use GPU during rendering.

• Like 1

Thanks, I am now running the modified DSDT and booting up with 1660005.  I tried the GT610 with current web driver and without, nv_disable=1 or without,iject or not etcc but each time get bot loop at ioconsole3 messages. I say loop because the screen wipes and they are printed again and again.  Any tips on getting this to work besides the driver you posted a while back? Im going to try that after dinner, and if not Amazon me another card asap.

Thanks

gt610 dont work easy, ppl use old kext

Thanks again. I started my job and will try later this evening. I’m really confusing about Mac Pro 6,1 smbois. I have read that it needs to be GFX1@0 something like that under display section as it does not have iGPU. Do you think it is better change to iMac smbois? I have doubt that FCPX does not use GPU during rendering.

dont need change nothing, all u need have inside my clover folder

Hi,

I saw that you're doing some magic around here and I if you can optimize further my config.plist with fixes to make it more stable and maybe and just maybe it will fix the sound after sleep via HDMI problem on my GTX 750 Ti.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17LxxW6RhD7IgwrPiv9NQ8NlWl7oiz2Hf

as you can see in the config.plist I am using Intel Graphics HD 4400 and the GTX 750 Ti they don't have any problems togheter and Clover don't need any FakeID's to make the integrated graphics working. For the GTX 750 HDMI sound part I am using Nvidia Graphicsfixup (not included in the zip) but the sound works only after sleep.

The specs are in my signature.

• Like 1

Hi,

I saw that you're doing some magic around here and I if you can optimize further my config.plist with fixes to make it more stable and maybe and just maybe it will fix the sound after sleep via HDMI problem on my GTX 750 Ti.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17LxxW6RhD7IgwrPiv9NQ8NlWl7oiz2Hf

as you can see in the config.plist I am using Intel Graphics HD 4400 and the GTX 750 Ti they don't have any problems togheter and Clover don't need any FakeID's to make the integrated graphics working. For the GTX 750 HDMI sound part I am using Nvidia Graphicsfixup (not included in the zip) but the sound works only after sleep.

The specs are in my signature.

check

CLOVER.zip

after reboot, send me one ioreg, extract with it

IORegistryExplorer.app.zip