Kx audio driver mod [Sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]

ITzTravelInTime

587 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2020 at 1:19 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

As promised, here it is the new kext binary:

As always it supports OS X 10.6 and newer on 32 bits and 64 bits machines, but it's just tested on mountain lion, sierra and catalina.

@btwise

kXAudioDriver.kext.zip

EDIT: I updated the binary because of a couple of bugs, so get this one instead:

kXAudioDriver.kext.zip

6 minutes ago, tripboy808 said:

Hello, audigy zs 2 Sound card. In logic pro x, the voice changes and distortion occurs when recording. What could be the problem?

hi first of all use the last kext from the other post i quoted, the if the problem is still there set the card to 48khz and 32 bits, if the problem continues try the following boot args:

_kxcfm=1

_kxcfm=2

_kxcfm=3

_kxcfm=4

_kxcfm=8

_kxcfm=16

but i have to say that the recording feature is still pretty experimental and it's not something would relay on, especially for professional usage, for playback usage the driver works great

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Привет, прежде всего, используйте последний kext из другого поста, который я цитировал, если проблема все еще существует, установите карту на 48 кГц и 32 бита, если проблема не исчезнет, попробуйте следующие загрузочные аргументы:

_kxcfm = 1

_kxcfm = 2

_kxcfm = 3

_kxcfm = 4

_kxcfm = 8

_kxcfm = 16

но я должен сказать, что функция записи все еще довольно экспериментальна, и это что-то включит, особенно для профессионального использования, для воспроизведения воспроизведения драйвер отлично работает

Thanks for trying.

• Like 1

Привет. С записью проблемы решены. Теперь проблема в том, что я все время слышу себя. Как не слышать себя в динамиках при записи?

Edited by tripboy808

41 minutes ago, tripboy808 said:

Привет. С записью проблемы решены. Теперь проблема в том, что я все время слышу себя. Как не слышать себя в динамиках при записи?

Just get a copy of the ac97 app (attached to the post) which allows you to mute and unmute inputs and outputs as well as enabling or disabling the feedback

kX AC97.app.zip

1 minute ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

я не вижу изображение, оно выдает ошибку 404, вы можете просто сказать мне точную модель карты и какой разъем?

Razem blue audigy 2zs

9 minutes ago, tripboy808 said:

Line

use the mic-in instead and try to adjust the volumes using the ac 97 app, and then make sure this button is not green but it's gray

Schermata 2020-05-10 alle 06.10.18.png

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to mention that current versions of the kext work well with Pro Tools, one major Digital Audio Workstation. This is fantastic! Earlier versions didn't detect the Creative soundcards, though Logic did. At least this is the case on my machine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marvelloard said:

I just wanted to mention that current versions of the kext work well with Pro Tools, one major Digital Audio Workstation. This is fantastic! Earlier versions didn't detect the Creative soundcards, though Logic did. At least this is the case on my machine.

that's nice to hear, i have to setup another mac os x 10.8 machine to continue development but the latest beta is running just fine on most of my machines, except the x99 one which soffers those clicking and slowdown issues related to the card, but that is less noticable on sierra than on catalina

@ITzTravelInTime thanks for your great work! I'm looking into buying an audio card to hopefully being able to get an easy to use audio solution (cheap usb audio adapter don't work well).

In your first post you've mentioned "Sound Blaster Audigy RX (SB0155)" however I've found the SB1550 on amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EO6X7PG/

Is it the same one? Will it work? Any cheaper solutions that will definitely work?

6 hours ago, 4l3x88 said:

@ITzTravelInTime thanks for your great work! I'm looking into buying an audio card to hopefully being able to get an easy to use audio solution (cheap usb audio adapter don't work well).

In your first post you've mentioned "Sound Blaster Audigy RX (SB0155)" however I've found the SB1550 on amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EO6X7PG/

Is it the same one? Will it work? Any cheaper solutions that will definitely work?

It's the same card, any cheaper cards are the old pci audigy cards or an used card if you want to use this driver or you have to look for another solution to try to stay in your budget

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, ITzTravelInTime and thank you for your efforts. I have an audigy RX SB1550. I tried everything with the new kext under Catalina, but my card is not recognized, whereas it was with your previous driver under Sierra. I put the kext in the "Other" clover folder, but it doesn't work.
What else can I try to do? Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your work.

Edited by kino69

13 minutes ago, kino69 said:

Hello, ITzTravelInTime and thank you for your efforts. I have an audigy RX SB1550. I tried everything with the new kext under Catalina, but my card is not recognized, whereas it was with your previous driver under Sierra. I put the kext in the "Other" clover folder, but it doesn't work.
What else can I try to do? Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your work.

First of all check if dpci manager recognizes the card in the pci list

15 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

First of all check if dpci manager recognizes the card in the pci list

Hello and thank you for your quick response. The card seems to be recognized in the software, but not in the "sound" menu in system preferences.

Thanks again for your help.

2020-06-23_15-49-29.jpg

On 5/6/2020 at 1:19 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

As promised, here it is the new kext binary:

As always it supports OS X 10.6 and newer on 32 bits and 64 bits machines, but it's just tested on mountain lion, sierra and catalina.

@btwise

kXAudioDriver.kext.zip

EDIT: I updated the binary because of a couple of bugs, so get this one instead:

kXAudioDriver.kext.zip

2 minutes ago, kino69 said:

Hello and thank you for your quick response. The card seems to be recognized in the software, but not in the "sound" menu in system preferences.

Thanks again for your help.

ok, the kexts seems to not be loaded for some reason, try the second kexts from the post i quited and use sierra kext utility to rebuild your kernel cache

15 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

ok, the kexts seems to not be loaded for some reason, try the second kexts from the post i quited and use sierra kext utility to rebuild your kernel cache

The result is the same, it doesn't work. Could this be because my computer is an HP Z800 and my system drive is on an NVME ssd drive. As the HP Z800s do not boot natively on an NVME disk, my bootloader is on another sata SSD disk. This is the only shock that I have changed lately, with also the move to Catalina and since that time, the card has ceased to be recognized.

2020-06-23_16-09-44.jpg

On 5/10/2020 at 12:03 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

i can't see the picture, it gives me an error 404, can you just tell me the exact model of the card and which jack?

creative.jpg

On 5/10/2020 at 12:03 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

i can't see the picture, it gives me an error 404, can you just tell me the exact model of the card and which jack?

• 3 weeks later...

我的英语不是很好,我使用翻译软件回复您的话题。

我使用Sound Blaster Audigy RX。
它在macOS big Sur上运行良好,可以发出声音并可以使用麦克风

引导程序:Opencore
在Big Sur上,您需要禁用SIP并挂载系统,删除快照并解锁分区
指导文档:关闭SIP

关于安装方法,我不知道这是否正确,
我将kxAudioDriver_v2.1的kXAudioDriver.kext和kXAudioDriver.kext.dSYM添加到安装程序包中

打开终端并输入

sudo su
sudo mount -uw /

这将解锁S / L / E权限

然后将Installer.sh拖到终端中并运行,
最后将kXAudioDriver.kext添加到EFI / OC / Kexts并添加config.plist
完整驱动器

我真诚地建议您将kext和Install.sh发布到github“ Releases”并编写README.md来解释如何使用驱动程序,包括AC97。

我发现AL97只能控制Mic和Rec。我有个问题。为什么在系统信息/音频/设备中只有一个SB AudigyRX [d000],这是正常现象吗?

image.thumb.png.9b59fcf5712ca97c8e49174f5d5f11b3.png

Edited by ziloong

14 hours ago, ziloong said:

我的英语不是很好,我使用翻译软件回复您的话题。

我使用Sound Blaster Audigy RX。
它在macOS big Sur上运行良好,可以发出声音并可以使用麦克风

引导程序:Opencore
在Big Sur上,您需要禁用SIP并挂载系统,删除快照并解锁分区
指导文档:关闭SIP

关于安装方法,我不知道这是否正确,
我将kxAudioDriver_v2.1的kXAudioDriver.kext和kXAudioDriver.kext.dSYM添加到安装程序包中

打开终端并输入

sudo su
sudo mount -uw /

这将解锁S / L / E权限

然后将Installer.sh拖到终端中并运行,
最后将kXAudioDriver.kext添加到EFI / OC / Kexts并添加config.plist
完整驱动器

我真诚地建议您将kext和Install.sh发布到github“ Releases”并编写README.md来解释如何使用驱动程序,包括AC97。

我发现AL97只能控制Mic和Rec。我有个问题。为什么在系统信息/音频/设备中只有一个SB AudigyRX [d000],这是正常现象吗?

image.thumb.png.9b59fcf5712ca97c8e49174f5d5f11b3.png

About the kext you can just take the .kext file, the most recent one i have uploaded on the thread here, and just use it in the opencore's kexts folder and then just take the latest ac97.app to controll the card

I mean you don't need to have the kext installed in /s/l/e you can just put it into the opencore's kext folder and the add it to the config.plist and it will work just fine.