Kx audio driver mod [Sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]

ITzTravelInTime

588 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, semson said:

Hello ITzTravelInTime, thanks for the follow up. No choice but we have to stick with /L/E then.

Have you, or anyone else tested Monterey? do you foresee any issue with this release?

I have tested it on monterey when i installed it on my socket 775 system, it works, the method is always the install to /L/E

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 1:13 AM, sanjuy70 said:

Hi!, first of all thank you very much for your incredible job!.

I only need to ask if the last version supports the MIDI port of a Sound Blaster Live! PCI card. I own an old MIDI keyboard and I need to use it as MIDI input por Garage Band in Mac OS Sierra.

Thanks again!.

I continue to work on my version of the driver. Now I'm working on midi support. While at the initial stage, but there is already a positive result, midi messages from an external source are sent to the DAW. Tests were carried out on e-mu 1616m and audigy 2 zs.

midi_input.thumb.jpg.f1b5f2e6a8092e9feb5345f808c05411.jpg

Edited by >Alejandro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, >Alejandro said:

I continue to work on my version of the driver. Now I'm working on midi support. While at the initial stage, but there is already a positive result, midi messages from an external source are sent to the DAW. Tests were carried out on e-mu 1616m and audigy 2 zs.

midi_input.thumb.jpg.f1b5f2e6a8092e9feb5345f808c05411.jpg

That’s great news, in the meanwhile I am working on a port to PPC macs of my fork of the driver, so I can actually use my audigy 2 zs on a Mac with pci slots. For that I had to re-do the stuff reguarding I/o ports amount other things, to support both x86 io ports and memory mapped io ports. I recommend you take a look at that so perhaps you can also use my i/o implementation.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm trying monterey and the drive works fine, only when I go to install it it shows me these strange characters ... what could it depend on?

Ciao sto provando monterey e il drive funziona bene, solo che quando vado ad installarlo mi fa vedere sti caratteri strani...da cosa può dipendere? 

Schermata 2021-10-30 alle 22.00.05.png

On 10/30/2021 at 10:02 PM, morfy said:

Hi I'm trying monterey and the drive works fine, only when I go to install it it shows me these strange characters ... what could it depend on?

It must be some bug with the macOS system libraries, not really the driver itself, i did a lot of thing to try and fix this issue. But it's just a cosmetic thing, not really a functional bug, perhaps this issue improved in some more recent builds i did, i might try to upload one of them when i can, so you can try it out.

On 11/1/2021 at 5:30 PM, ITzTravelInTime said:

It must be some bug with the macOS system libraries, not really the driver itself, i did a lot of thing to try and fix this issue. But it's just a cosmetic thing, not really a functional bug, perhaps this issue improved in some more recent builds i did, i might try to upload one of them when i can, so you can try it out.

I realized that every restart it changes its name, but it remains functional ... :)

Just now, morfy said:

I realized that every restart it changes its name, but it remains functional ... :)

Yes, the problem is caused just by dirty memory that get's considered as part of the name string for some reason.

• Like 1

So about my back-porting projects for the driver here is it running on OS X Tiger using my mac pro and my sb audigy rx, soon i will try to make a proper 64 bit + 32 bit release for OS X Snow leopard and newer and a 32 bit release for Tiger and Leopard, all those 3 releases will be for x86 computers only (so no PPC support) and the 64 bit version should work also with all OSes past Snow Leopard, inclusing Big Sur and Monterey out of the box (and for now requiring installation in /Library/Extensions for those newer OSes).

Here is a screenshot:

416898109_Picture1.thumb.png.fac966281a708a53e39db61985f79b7f.png:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So great new guys (and @>Alejandro) my porting project is a success and here it is the kx audio dirver running on powerpc macs and actually working.

And i have made a github release for the first working experiemntal build:

https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver/releases/tag/PPC_1.0

I had to do a lot of work to get here, and that's a nice payoff, being able to actually use those cards on macs without any adapters.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bluenote56 said:

Hi, just to be sure, can I go with a SoundBlaster 5.1 SB0100? It should be ok as far as I know.

Thanks

Hi, yes that card us supported, as you can see by looking at the card, it uses the emu 10k1 chip so it's supported, i even own one myself.

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2022 at 1:15 PM, ITzTravelInTime said:

Hi, yes that card us supported, as you can see by looking at the card, it uses the emu 10k1 chip so it's supported, i even own one myself.

Perfectly working on Big Sur 11.6.4. Thanks. Btw I didn't find a working driver for the win ssd but I'll search for.

On 2/9/2022 at 7:29 AM, >Alejandro said:

Thanks you for your help. Unfortunateley win blocks the fix download as it seems affected from Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml... 

23 minutes ago, bluenote56 said:

Thanks you for your help. Unfortunateley win blocks the fix download as it seems affected from Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml... 

Uh that a nasty piece of malware, we should make a build from

source and safely release it trough GitHub, but I have zero experience with windows drivers.

22 hours ago, bluenote56 said:

I don't have any trojan warnings (win10) 🤔

Edited by >Alejandro

• 1 month later...

My system version 11.2.3

Sound card I use: sb1550

I want to turn off the headset by AC97,

The sound is processed by other software and then output

Because I do audio live

Now you can't turn off the headset through the sound card, so there will be two sounds

On 11/11/2019 at 2:46 PM, >Alejandro said:

由于某种原因,在YouTube上观看视频时,应该由clipOutputSamples功能转换的声音样本数量会减少(我检查了这一点)。这很可能是问题的根源。也许在某些系统中,这种减少是至关重要的。我添加了对setMixClipOverhead函数的调用,值为50,默认值为10。但我没有看到任何区别。也许有人肯定有问题,有些事情可能会改变。如果没有,那么我们需要从另一个方向看。

Use loopback to add the output app, and Youtube audio will work normally.

At the same time, I want to turn off my microphone sound in the headset. What do I need to do

image.png.12ba61540ee4bcf6b62c4f02c0df540d.png

Just now, fangf2018 said:

I set it like this, but I can still hear my voice clearly, just a little lower

How can I turn off my voice feedback

Looking forward to your reply, thank you

Try this kx ac97.app. I have added an input monitoring button.

ac97.png.b536cade9cafe3c6e26080225f91961f.png

kX AC97.zip

Edited by >Alejandro