Kx audio driver mod [Sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]

ITzTravelInTime

588 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, sounderson said:

After installing on Catalina I can see the kext in system preferences, audio configures as sound output but there's no sound input. as well as although there's sound output in audio configured I don't hear any sound. can you please upload. is there a way to fix it? thanks

make sure you use the latest kext posted by @Alejandro and get the ac97 app from the previous post made by him, i'll post an updated version of my version of the kx driver soon

16 hours ago, >Alejandro said:
Hi! Not yet, I will do it soon. There is only one change - 192 kHz playback for consumer cards.

I continue to work on supporting E-MU cards in my free time, there is a positive result, but still a lot of work.

Thank you very mutch for yuor huge contribution to this thing, i will create a pull request when you will update your repo's fork because i have added a couple of usefoul things and some menior optimizations you might find usefoul, for exaple a boot arg that prevents the driver form starting, which is super usefoul if the driver keeps crashing for some reason, and also some better support for the sb1550 (the Audigy 5/Rx).

In the last months I invested quite a lot of time improoving my x86 assembly/machine language knowladge and my low level c skills, so i can be more active in projects like this one

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, sounderson said:

Alejandro, can you please send me a link to your latest creative sound blaster audigy kext I cant find it on your profile, I need to install it into my hackintosh Catalina, thanks

go to the previous page of this topic, he attached it to one of his posts

On 11/14/2019 at 3:03 PM, ITzTravelInTime said:

Hi have you uploaded the updated source code on github?

I'd like to keep my fork updated as well and i have a few things i want you to merge in your fork

EDIT:

I have also updated my fork on github to include what i worked on for my fork

https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver

I updated the source code on github.

https://github.com/c0deSpace/kx-audio-driver

• Like 2

I am experimenting with the driver, i have added some small optimization and some more flexible sampling rates configuration, but i need to get my emu 8852 card to work in order to test some new optimizations i made for profesional cards, it currently says it can't program the fpga when running the edscript file, any ideas about how to solve this issue?

if i can get it to work i may be able to get sampleing rather other than 48 khz and 44.1 khz on emu cards, but performed by the hardware rather than using software resampling, but i need to test it, and also about the youtube issues it seems to work better at 44,1 and 48 khz with 192khz being the one which suffers the most out of cracring issues

16 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

but i need to get my emu 8852 card to work in order to test some new optimizations i made for profesional cards, it currently says it can't program the fpga when running the edscript file, any ideas about how to solve this issue?

Does the card work in Windows?
Try to debug edspctrl.

What value does upload_fpga_firmware return?

see edsplib.cpp

if(is_k8) // v2 EM8960 or v2 0404 or PCIe 0404 EM8982
	{
		if(subsys==0x40021102 || subsys==0x40051102) // 0404 or EM8982 PCIe 0404
		{
			ret=ikx->upload_fpga_firmware(emu0404_netlist,sizeof(emu0404_netlist));  // 0404 v2
		}

Edited by >Alejandro

4 hours ago, >Alejandro said:

Does the card work in Windows?
Try to debug edspctrl.

What value does upload_fpga_firmware return?

see edsplib.cpp

if(is_k8) // v2 EM8960 or v2 0404 or PCIe 0404 EM8982
	{
		if(subsys==0x40021102 || subsys==0x40051102) // 0404 or EM8982 PCIe 0404
		{
			ret=ikx->upload_fpga_firmware(emu0404_netlist,sizeof(emu0404_netlist));  // 0404 v2
		}

this function returns 0 and the check for is programmed afterwards fails and the card i have is the 0404 v1 variant, the emu em8850 PC 12894 REV A, i own 2 of those since those are the cheapest emu cards i could find

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks.

Please let me know if I can help somehow to debug/resolve the driver issues in Catalina - I hope it is possible?

I have audigy RX PCIE card.My system is working perfectly except audio, built-in onboard Realtek audio is working but quality is so terrible comparing to audigy..

13 hours ago, Belzebubek said:

Hi folks.

Please let me know if I can help somehow to debug/resolve the driver issues in Catalina - I hope it is possible?

I have audigy RX PCIE card.My system is working perfectly except audio, built-in onboard Realtek audio is working but quality is so terrible comparing to audigy..

put this kext inside the kext/others folder of your clover instalaltion, then rebbot and then go to system preferences and select the sound card as an output device, at this stage inputs will not work, so to get them working when you want to use them, open the attached ac97 app, and use it configure the input you want to use and the recording mode, then use the midi configuration utility (a system app) to set the sound card at a frequency of 48khz at 24 bits to get inputs working properly

kXAudioDriver.kext.zip

kX AC97.app.zip

On 12/16/2019 at 1:12 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

put this kext inside the kext/others folder of your clover instalaltion, then rebbot and then go to system preferences and select the sound card as an output device, at this stage inputs will not work, so to get them working when you want to use them, open the attached ac97 app, and use it configure the input you want to use and the recording mode, then use the midi configuration utility (a system app) to set the sound card at a frequency of 48khz at 24 bits to get inputs working properly

kXAudioDriver.kext.zip

kX AC97.app.zip

I do not need inputs, will give a try to the kext - thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, All!

After some weeks testing i'm ready present my version of kx project drivers for OSX.

Driver tested on my hackintosh with Creative Audigi 2 on OSX Catalina 10.15.2 .

Based on ITzTravelInTime sources (99.9%) with some fixes for actual bugs.

Many thank to ITzTravelInTimeAlejandro and all other developers for this great drivers!

The most important fix - no sound defects on Youtube videos :)

Sorry for my ugly english ;)

kx-audio-driver.zip

Edited by BiOM1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, BiOM1 said:

Hi, All!

After some weeks testing i'm ready present my version of kx project drivers for OSX.

Driver tested on my hackintosh with Creative Audigi 2 on OSX Catalina 10.15.2 .

Based on ITzTravelInTime sources (99.9%) with some fixes for actual bugs.

Many thank to ITzTravelInTimeAlejandro and all other developers for this great drivers!

The most important fix - no sound defects on Youtube videos :)

Sorry for my ugly english ;)

kx-audio-driver.zip

Great news! Do you want to share the source code? i can also compile a 32 + 64 bit universal version if you need it, i have setted up a mountain lion installation on my machine just for back porting purposes.

Wiredly enoght btw i havent' experienced any problems with distotions with the work in progress version of the driver i have, but to some other people it did, so i am curious to see how you fixed it.

i will also commit a new updated code on my github repo, that adds: the support for 192 khz for non-professional cards, some experimental stuff for e-mu cards which i couldn't test since my e-mu 0404 refused to get the fpga programmed, and some code changes to make my additions a bit more elegant.

1 hour ago, BiOM1 said:

No problem. May be code is not clean. It's compilation from some founded solutions from another developers.

But it's fine worked for me.

https://github.com/baksogen/kx-audio-driver-osx-catalina

Great!, i am leaving some comments under the commits of your fork and i am also preparing a pretty big code upgrade to be committed to my fork, it will also include some changements about some of the code you worked on for your fork.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 3:14 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

Great!, i am leaving some comments under the commits of your fork and i am also preparing a pretty big code upgrade to be committed to my fork, it will also include some changements about some of the code you worked on for your fork.

Nice!

I will be wait your professional solution for kx drivers. My fork created as experimental for fix important for me bugs. I don't have many devices for test my code on the different configurations. I have only Creative Audigy 2 sound card and my fixes solved my problem.

I am very glad if my experiments will be help to you in the your hard work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BiOM1 said:

Nice!

I will be wait your professional solution for kx drivers. My fork created as experimental for fix important for me bugs. I don't have many devices for test my code on the different configurations. I have only Creative Audigy 2 sound card and my fixes solved my problem.

I am very glad if my experiments will be help to you in the your hard work.

Yes, but also check out the comments i leaved under your commits

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 1:39 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

since my e-mu 0404 refused to get the fpga programmed 

I do not know if this will help or not, maybe try to increase the delay (hw->cb.usleep(100);) when uploading the firmware in the upload_fpga_firmware function?

Edited by >Alejandro