[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

Greetings MaLd0n, I'm running an Z390 Aorus Pro and trying to get a DSDT and get off of AptioFix2Drv-free2000 and generally get some things streamlined and cleaned up. One unique thing about this build is I run a second graphics card in PCI slot 2 for windows that I want to disable on Mac (currently done with an SSDT). Thanks for your help!

SendMeTasc.zip

3 hours ago, tasc said:

Greetings MaLd0n, I'm running an Z390 Aorus Pro and trying to get a DSDT and get off of AptioFix2Drv-free2000 and generally get some things streamlined and cleaned up. One unique thing about this build is I run a second graphics card in PCI slot 2 for windows that I want to disable on Mac (currently done with an SSDT). Thanks for your help!

SendMeTasc.zip

EFI.zip

replace full efi, reboot, press f11 in clover boot screen

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

EFI.zip

replace full efi, reboot, press f11 in clover boot screen

Thanks for sending that over! I cleared NVRAM with f11, but I didn't get very far with with that EFI. Right after booting, it gave me a "Couldn't allocate runtime area".

allocate.jpg

7 hours ago, tasc said:

Thanks for sending that over! I cleared NVRAM with f11, but I didn't get very far with with that EFI. Right after booting, it gave me a "Couldn't allocate runtime area".

fail every time?

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

fail every time?

Yes, it seems others on this board have had to go to iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS and disable integrated graphics in order to get away from AptioFix2Drv-free2000. 

Just now, tasc said:

Yes, it seems others on this board have had to go to iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS and disable integrated graphics in order to get away from AptioFix2Drv-free2000. 

yes, in some cases if enable intelHD aptiomemoryfix fail

On 8/3/2019 at 9:26 AM, MaLd0n said:

yes, in some cases if enable intelHD aptiomemoryfix fail

Very good, I've switched to iMacPro1,1 and disabled internal graphics and now I can boot with that EFI. I'm noticing a couple ACPI errors in boot log that look out of place. I've attached my clover F4 extract as well if that helps. Thanks!

-PXSX.WIST namespace lookup failure

-No local variables CNDP

-No arguments initialized CNDP

ACPI.jpg

tasc_origin.zip

1 hour ago, tasc said:

Very good, I've switched to iMacPro1,1 and disabled internal graphics and now I can boot with that EFI. I'm noticing a couple ACPI errors in boot log that look out of place. I've attached my clover F4 extract as well if that helps. Thanks!

-PXSX.WIST namespace lookup failure

-No local variables CNDP

-No arguments initialized CNDP

ACPI.jpg

tasc_origin.zip

extract new send_me

5 hours ago, tasc said:

That fixed it, thanks a ton! What was the issue that required this additional SSDT?

Is a oem ssdt usb, u can edit this ssdt for a real native usb ;)

@MaLd0n

Sorry to bother you buddy but I've been told your knowledge is god like in status so I was wondering if I could pick your brains for a moment?

I'm Using a clover efi done by Glasgood and he recently changed hes EFI to use a DSDT and it all works fine as we all have exactly the same parts but I am experiencing a problem where if my System is asleep and I wake it up and then shut it down the LED lights on the gigabyte z390 pro board stick on after it powers down until erp kicks in and turns them off. Then when I press the power button the system won't start back up and it takes 3 or 4 attempts of pressing the power button to get it going again.

Any ideas why this is happening?

All our bios setting are the same, the only thing I can come up with is maybe theres a slight change in board revision from hes to mine.

If you have any ideas or can help in anyway that would be awesome buddy. :)

8 hours ago, devillived666 said:

Hey guys, I've been able to successfully run and update Catalina on Asus vivobook x405UA until beta 4. I am now stuck here . What can I do?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/339035-pre-release-macos-catalina/?page=51&tab=comments#comment-2683788

hey sir, sorry. i commented as a different user because I lost my password to this account. Anyways, i saw the comment you linked and I have those patches in my config plist. AM I missing something? 

config.plist

Edit- got it fixed

Hello, Can you help me? 

I just installed mojave. 

my system

CPU: i7 8700k

Mobo: Asus ROG hero xi

Ram: 32gb

GPU: Intel UHD 630

pcie1 = AMD RX 570

pcie2=Nvidia RTX 2080

My main issue is that the system will not shutdown. It goes to shutdown but freezes and never turns off same with restarting. System report still shows the Nvidia card and I have no items under pci. integrated wifi and Bluetooth are not working but from what I have read they intel wifi is not supported. 

Is it possible to disable the RTX 2080 from showing while in OSX?

Thank you

Send me Jamess-iMac.zip

config.plist

Edited by applemonkey