[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

Hi MaLd0n! I really need your help!!!

I have a weird problem with USB 3.0 ports. Suddenly they stoped to work, but not completely. Front panel USB see only USB 2.0 thumb drives, & doesn't see USB 3.0 thumb drives. From back panel working only USB 3.1. I tried to set usb fix in clover configurator, it didn't work. Can you check what is wrong.

Send me Alex’s iMac.zip

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sashik said:

Hi MaLd0n! I really need your help!!!

I have a weird problem with USB 3.0 ports. Suddenly they stoped to work, but not completely. Front panel USB see only USB 2.0 thumb drives, & doesn't see USB 3.0 thumb drives. From back panel working only USB 3.1. I tried to set usb fix in clover configurator, it didn't work. Can you check what is wrong.

Send me Alex’s iMac.zip

run app updated

RunMe.app.zip

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

CLOVER.zip

u boot from usb and all installation steps?

Hi @MaLd0n,

Thanks for the reply. Long story short: 

I'm getting the  "Unable to Open BootCatche.playlist" error, after which the system reboots and goes back into the Clover installer (but the macOS installer never shows up).

I've tried the following:

-  Multiple USB's and installation methods (using DiskWarrior, various terminal options) 

-  Multiple EFI's from people who had a similar setup to mine (8700K, Asus Maximus X Hero Z370, RX 580) 

-  Tried multiple EFI configs based on other people's suggestions 

-  Tried every hardware change that I could think of (iGPU only and removing the dGPU entirely, using just the A1 & A2 memory slots, tried in on an SSD, HDD, M.2, repurposing the fans and corsair h100i cooler, multiple monitors, 4K, 1080p, HDMI and D-Port cables) - literally nothing works. I cannot get the macOS installer to show up. And yes, I've tried every USB port, including the USB 2.0 ones as well as various BIOS settings (both suggested and experimented by myself). And still, I cannot get the macOS installer to show up.

The original thread is here - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/333966-please-help-12-hours-and-the-boot-usb-doesnt-boot/ 

I've attached some photos with the verbose errors that I'm getting as well as my latest EFI here -- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QaTqDj9nK76nek_BBNP4btYIh1Z7iLze

There's also a 4K 60 recording of the boot loop.

Any suggestions and advice from anyone in the community would be incredible - as I've tried literally everything that I could think of, and just cannot seem to get this to work (even though my build seems to be one of the easiest ones, hackintosh-wise). 

Thanks,

Daniel 

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

10 hours ago, sashik said:

https://www43.zippyshare.com/v/4NPvk2o9/file.html

5 hours ago, TheXpert said:

Hi @MaLd0n,

Thanks for the reply. Long story short: 

I'm getting the  "Unable to Open BootCatche.playlist" error, after which the system reboots and goes back into the Clover installer (but the macOS installer never shows up).

I've tried the following:

-  Multiple USB's and installation methods (using DiskWarrior, various terminal options) 

-  Multiple EFI's from people who had a similar setup to mine (8700K, Asus Maximus X Hero Z370, RX 580) 

-  Tried multiple EFI configs based on other people's suggestions 

-  Tried every hardware change that I could think of (iGPU only and removing the dGPU entirely, using just the A1 & A2 memory slots, tried in on an SSD, HDD, M.2, repurposing the fans and corsair h100i cooler, multiple monitors, 4K, 1080p, HDMI and D-Port cables) - literally nothing works. I cannot get the macOS installer to show up. And yes, I've tried every USB port, including the USB 2.0 ones as well as various BIOS settings (both suggested and experimented by myself). And still, I cannot get the macOS installer to show up.

The original thread is here - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/333966-please-help-12-hours-and-the-boot-usb-doesnt-boot/ 

I've attached some photos with the verbose errors that I'm getting as well as my latest EFI here -- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QaTqDj9nK76nek_BBNP4btYIh1Z7iLze

There's also a 4K 60 recording of the boot loop.

Any suggestions and advice from anyone in the community would be incredible - as I've tried literally everything that I could think of, and just cannot seem to get this to work (even though my build seems to be one of the easiest ones, hackintosh-wise). 

Thanks,

Daniel 

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

https://www119.zippyshare.com/v/p6xuxLwZ/file.html

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

how can I try your clover setting if dsdt inside acpi folder any error that I found before I try it?

where I start from to patching dsdt using Maciasl rm-1.31 acpi compiler 6.1 from rehabman to fixing my acpi especially coffeelake i7 8700 with Asus b360g board 

Screenshot 05-03-2018 23.13.59.png

2 hours ago, sashik said:

It doesn't work. It stuck here

IMG_1747.jpeg

update clover bootloader

24 minutes ago, Handzo85 said:

how can I try your clover setting if dsdt inside acpi folder any error that I found before I try it?

where I start from to patching dsdt using Maciasl rm-1.31 acpi compiler 6.1 from rehabman to fixing my acpi especially coffeelake i7 8700 with Asus b360g board 

update compiler

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

update clover bootloader

update compiler

doesn't it the latest version maciasl? can you help me compile again my dsdt for proper work with Asus b360g..

thx for any help

4 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

update clover bootloader

I did what you said (clover 4449), but we have the same situation - boot stuck on the same point.

In the clover folder looks like missing some folders like "themes" , "tools". Do I need to add them from previous clover folder?

1.jpg

2.jpeg

13 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

check

RiP :lol:

1.jpg.f4dff9d1525e274e2a5a975f10d3a32e.jpg

Alleluia!:angel::pope:

So, what can we do with this?

I tried different patches for usb, but usb 3 is still not working…

And as I said before, the CLOVER folder you provide me, missing some folders, is it ok?

21 hours ago, Handzo85 said:

DSDT.aml.zip

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 16.36.00.png

2 hours ago, sashik said:

Alleluia!:angel::pope:

So, what can we do with this?

I tried different patches for usb, but usb 3 is still not working…

And as I said before, the CLOVER folder you provide me, missing some folders, is it ok?

use ur previous clover folder and put DSDT there

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sashik said:

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!:yoji:

Everything is ok!

Thank you very much for help! 

P.S. Wait for beer!:yes: 

Welcome!

Enjoy! ;)

2 hours ago, Handzo85 said:

thanks for your help.. hope can solve acpi on my board

WARNINGS = NOTHING

ERROR = NOTHING(just need fix for compile)

4 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

WARNINGS = NOTHING

ERROR = NOTHING(just need fix for compile)

how proper compile this acpi for proper configuration? below my ioreg+ dpci ss

I'll appreciate any help.. sorry if I'm very noobs on this :lol: 

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 5.30.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 5.34.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 5.56.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 6.14.15 AM.png

iMac Handzo's.zip