post here ONLY NVIDIA card that WORKS for you

138 posts in this topic

:) got it running with my ASUS 7600 GT on my MSI KN8 Platinum mobo AMD 3500+ 1 gig mem 250 gig IDE hdd.

Full QE and CI :D

Used OSX_1048_AMD_SSE3 Test 1, first partioned the hdd with 10.4.6 then installed 10.4.8 AMD test 1, works like a charm :D

• 1 month later...

XFX 7900GS

10.4.8 Semthex (Beta 8 kernel), used Natit installer. Everything works, all resolutions are supported (at the moment I have vga->dvi connectors), but I still haven't connected my second display. Will try these days.

picture1rj7.png

Pentium 4 3Ghz HTT, SSE3

915 mobo

1GB RAM DDR

How did you get yours to show the correct video card. I have your same card and mine says "unknown Nvidia"

Also, the folks who say they have sleep working with the 7900GS, and hints to get mine working? Is there specific motherboard settings?

Please let me know. Sleep is the last thing that doesn't seem to work for me but I'm sure it's just a setting I have to change.

Thanks in advance.

On a separate note, I am running the 7900GS in Dual Display -- Dual DVI, which is nice :(

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0393

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

ATEC NEOVIEW AL181A:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display:

Pretty much says it all... 512MB XFX GeForce 7300GT workin 100% through VGA port - haven't tried DVI yet! What's this I hear about 512mb cards not working? :S

How did you get yours to show the correct video card. I have your same card and mine says "unknown Nvidia"

Also, the folks who say they have sleep working with the 7900GS, and hints to get mine working? Is there specific motherboard settings?

Same here. I also have (XFX) 7900GS and I get "UNknown nVidia" in About this Mac...

Gorosh & MDG,

If you PM me with your email addresses, I have modified the dual 02 Natit kext to show the correct information in System profiler for 7900 GS and I can email this to you tonight when I am back on my own computer.

Edited by poodle2118

• 3 weeks later...

Full QE/CI working perfectly with no tearing using Omni's Titan and Jan 10th compiled Semthex Kernel:

BFG GeForce 6800 GT AGP :: Gigabyte 8IK1100

BFG GeForce 7900 GS OC PCI-E :: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3

Dell GeForce 7800 GO :: Dell Inspiron 9400/E1705

All systems running JaS 10.4.8 v1p with Defiant Disk Utility Patch.

Onboard Sound (with the exception of my Inspiron 9400/E1705), Ethernet, SATA, SATA-II, IDE, USB and Firewire are all reported 100% working.