[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

On 8/20/2018 at 11:06 PM, kolodzieski said:

Here are my changes plus a README-T470.md set of instructions. It could just be overlaid on a pull from @tluck 's  git repository

T470.zip

DSDT files from this archive did not work on my machine (did not boot), despite having seemingly the same build (T470 with i5 6300u).

Everything seems to work OK with files and config from original tluck's repo, so I am satisfied with this so far.

Couple issues though:

- internal display stays enabled when I close the lid with attached external display (though it did get disabled just after macOS install, somehow this got broken later)

- can't change caps lock button behavior in keyboard settings, when I change it to ctrl, button seems to freeze in always activated state

- after waking from sleep fan starts to work on max speed

Anyone can comment how I can tackle those issues?

Edited by lisnake

On 8/23/2018 at 4:50 PM, tluck said:

ill add the T470 to the repo... its nice that the patching is pretty much the same between T460 and T470... just the extracted ACPI files that are different

Hello tluck. Thanks for maintaining this package.

I was lead here through your Broadcom PatchRAM driver package with changes of the timings to support USB BT on the Lenovo T460.

For me (and also others across the hackintosh forums), your kexts solved the glitch of no Bluetooth after wake from sleep after two or more wake-ups on battery with stock RehabMan kexts (for me most current v.2.2.10, 2018-05-06). I am running a swapped Lenovo FRU 04X6020 BCM94352Z NGFF M.2 in my Asus Vivobook Laptop.

The kexts on your releases page are very old (v1.4.1, 2015-02-08), so I compiled your latest 2.2.7c code from 2018-04-09 myself, and the resulting release built BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext work just fine.

I bet you are fully aware that they are based on old code - RehabMan 2.2.7 2016-07-05, thus compatibility will most likely become an issue sooner or later.

A few questions and requests to you, if I may:

1. Have you tried to apply your timing changes to RehabMan's latest code from 2018-05-06?

If so, did it result in the desired effects, or not?

2. Can you update your releases page with the latest working kext binaries, either 2.2.7c or 2.2.10, if you have compiled them and you have tested them to be working?

3. Can you document your modifications, best on github? Which file(s) did you modify, and with which modifications (find/ replace with, single or all occurrences)? Just 6 IOSleep value changes and 1 IOSleep addition in BrcmPatchRAM.cpp, or anything else?

With fork mod info on github, others can potentially carry on your work (it's always sad when knowledge dissipates into the nothingness of time)

Would be great to hear from you (I hope you are reading this).

Cheers,

Bugs

[EDIT]: attached my compile of your latest source from github

tluck-BrcmPatchRAM-2.2.7c_2018-04-09.rar

Edited by BuXb
attached my compile

Thanks tluck, with your clover I am now using MACOS 10.12.6 in T460(normal LCD, with 940mx graphic card)

But I can not disable the discrete card, I have tried many methods, such as RehabMan’s guide: diy the _INI and _OFF in DSDT.aml and SSDT-*.aml, placed them in ACPI/patched... I am confused that the DSDT.aml is already existed in ACPI/patched, how to add the gpu disable code ?

Edited by beatifullive

I appreciate all your work.  I have had x220 and T420S working well for past few years, and have recently added a third Thinkpad X1 Carbon to my collection.

I have managed to install High Sierra 10.13.6 on my Thinkpad using your files, but I need advice how to proceed next.

My system is a Thinkpad X1 carbon 5th gen with following specs. I7-6600, Intel Graphics 520, 1920x1080 IPS, no touch, NVME

From what I can figure out, it is similar to a T560 or 570 machine.   I decided to start using your Clover files for T460 without any modifications.

I was unable to install Sierra because of issues with NVME.  So I went with High Sierra since it supports NVME natively.  I kept the original Windows install, and created a partition for the mackintosh APFS.   I installed Mac using your clover files without difficulties.   I am unable to mount the internal EFI using the bash command.  So I have not installed Clover  I get the following message.. “Unsupported sector size (0)”.  So I have not installed Clover on the internal NVME drivel.  I can boot with a USB drive.

Results so far..   I have Wifi ( switched out the network card.)  No Audio, No slider on display,  Trackpad freezes intermittently. So I am using external USB mouse.

I have not done anything about DSDT or SSDT patching so far.  I  am wondering whether I can use your patching files.  So I would like to get your advice about how to proceed next.

Attached is a set of debug files that might give you a better description of my system.  Thanks.

debug_31851.zip

5 hours ago, kolodzieski said:

Did not need to. My t470 is i5-6300u with only intel 520 graphics. I do not have any discrete graphics.

Fixed by hotpatch with RehabMan's driver.

1. Use the SSDT-DDGPU.dsl in https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/tree/master/hotpatch

2. Find out special 940mx device name in _ini and _off method in the disasemble *.dsl file(follow this link:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/)

3. Follow the grammar of example in SSDT-DDGPU.dsl , add _off method and external method lines.

4. attach file will be upload later..

Edited by beatifullive

Hello

I have done a clean install from High Sierra 10.13.6 on T460

I follow exactly your steps. I have several issues :

- the following instruction :

sudo diskutil corestage revert /

doesn't work

- I have no sound at all

- trackpad is working strangely

- in Clover, there are several choices (prebooter). Is it normal?

- in Safari, sometimes it's a bit laggy when there are ads with video for instance

Thank you for your help and nice job tluck

On 9/2/2018 at 6:07 AM, Mat said:

Hello

I have done a clean install from High Sierra 10.13.6 on T460

I follow exactly your steps. I have several issues :

- the following instruction :

sudo diskutil corestage revert /

doesn't work

- I have no sound at all

- trackpad is working strangely

- in Clover, there are several choices (prebooter). Is it normal?

- in Safari, sometimes it's a bit laggy when there are ads with video for instance

Thank you for your help and nice job tluck

I have a t470, and needed to inject 29 instead of 28 for sound on my laptop. My trackpad was not working well. I installed the latest VoodoPS2Controller kext from RehabMan on tonymac, and my trackpad works great. Your milage may vary. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 12:01 PM, verleihnix said:

@Blaggah Could you please share your voodoops2 kext from x1 carbon

I apologize for the delay, I will uploaded the kext later when I get home. Just recently moved to a new place and have been super busy with that. 

Here's the voodoops2 kext you requested @verleihnix

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

Edited by Blaggah

Hi guys,

Got my hands on a T470s and got high Sierra working - as is it boots fine and seems to be ok, however:

Trackpad does not act great, no option in sys prefs to change

Also battery indicator in menu bar unable to show.

Not really versed on DSDT edits however am keen to learn.

Anybody have one of these machines that can offer any advice?

2.9ghz i7

Intel HD 620

On 9/8/2018 at 7:31 PM, kolodzieski said:

Here is a new T470.zip to use an an overly on the @tluck repository. 

The battery path for the dsdt has changed to support fan reporting. Also the SSDT-XHC-T470 supports just the ports on my T470, so the clover patch to inject more USB port is no longer required. 

Cheers,

Scott. 

T470.zip

I get 500 error when try to download file. Can you check please??

Thanks!!

5 hours ago, m1gue said:

Finally you can download the ZIP.
After following the steps I have a KP unless I use noSKL.

IMG_1507.thumb.jpg.8bbdfafe43a8d9dd685f8217387d356e.jpg

Thanks

I would try an get the install done without any ACPI/patched files. I think the supplied config.plist should be okay for first time boots. 

Do you have a T470? T460? What processor? I am have a i5-6300u, with HD520 graphics.

2 hours ago, kolodzieski said:

I would try an get the install done without any ACPI/patched files. I think the supplied config.plist should be okay for first time boots. 

Do you have a T470? T460? What processor? I am have a i5-6300u, with HD520 graphics.

Now...

T470

i5-7200U

I have followed this guide + Readme on: https://github.com/tluck/Lenovo-T460-Clover/tree/master/DSDT.T470

Content similar to T470.zip

Seems solved with: IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext_1.2.2 and without glinchs with this ig-platform-id: 0x591b0000.

Also download last versions from: Lilu, WhateverGreen and AppleALC

With Graphics ok I can get DisplayID for patch AppleBacklightInjector and get brightness control: F10T243d

Edited by m1gue

On 9/18/2018 at 2:07 PM, Mat said:

Finally I went back to Sierra...

Do you have troubles after sleep with Bluetooth?

Other point : we can see the change between the first and second battery (it goes like putting on power)

Anyone else?

With a stock BrcmPatchFix2 yes I had blootooh randomly stop after wake. It seems much better using the distributed BrcmPatchFix2 from @tluck. 

Dual batteries work fine with my patched DSDT, and the BATC SSDT. Those are setup for a T470 with i5-6500u. You may have to create your own patches or blend some together. 

On 9/19/2018 at 7:57 PM, lisnake said:

Anyone managed to install Mojave on T460/T470?

Yes, booted in to Mojave having acceleration enabled.

I used native lilu, applealc and whatevergreen kext.

Delete IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup and IntelGraphicsFixup kext.

That works fine for High Sierra as well.

Edit config.plist:

Change Graphics Inject Intel to false

Add under Devices

<key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                AAAWGQ==
                </data>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                FhkAAA==
                </data>
                <key>enable-hdmi20</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
                <data>
                AACQAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
                <data>
                AAAwAQ==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
                <data>
                AAAAgA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>

Edited by verleihnix
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 5:06 PM, kolodzieski said:

With a stock BrcmPatchFix2 yes I had blootooh randomly stop after wake. It seems much better using the distributed BrcmPatchFix2 from @tluck. 

Dual batteries work fine with my patched DSDT, and the BATC SSDT. Those are setup for a T470 with i5-6500u. You may have to create your own patches or blend some together. 

Hello

Thank you for your help. I have done my own ACPI files extract, is it what you're talking about when you say "my patched DSDT"? And the BATC SSDT is included in tluck package?

And as I use tluck package so I have the BrcmPatchFix2 from tluck ?

Thanks!

On 9/21/2018 at 10:25 PM, verleihnix said:

Yes, booted in to Mojave having acceleration enabled.

Hi, I'm on a T460 and I tried an upgrade from 10.13 to 10.14 (after upgrading Clover, updating Lilu and installing whatevergreen, etc.) and now I'm not able to boot into Mojave even with those config.plist changes you mentioned. Can I see your EFI/Clover folder? I feel like I'm missing something. From what I saw in verbose mode the problems seem to be related to the framebuffer patches