[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

1,596 posts in this topic

And if you use my files in combination with nullcpupowermanagement.kext posted by Chris1111 earlier? Also, how are your BIOS settings? 

I assume you are using a patched bios version in order to make your xeon work (added micro code)?

Same result.Speedstep enabled, Vt-x and Vt-d disabled, serial and parallel ports disabled, SATA AHCI mode.

There's no need to use a special BIOS, the recent versions already have the Xeon microcode themselves.

@lucsansag

try this DSDT to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/

Geforce 210 has problems with HDAU /hdgfx.
I deleted it.

try with Inject Nvidia
for Install try your kexts in /10.12 and /others

@ sakis6977

Please fill your signature and make more details.

Optiplex?
CPU?

From which manufacturer is your HD5450. How new is this? Latest HD5450 GPU bios often does not work with the vanilla patch.
  • Like 1

I think I've tried just about every possible combination by now.After the GUI loads, it will end up crashing at some random point, with a wide range of errors.

One time the installer popped up but closed again after trying to continue, and then crashed after that.

I think I've tried just about every possible combination by now.After the GUI loads, it will end up crashing at some random point, with a wide range of errors.

One time the installer popped up but closed again after trying to continue, and then crashed after that.

Are you on DVI port to the Graphics card?

VGA Not working!

Today I randomly tried again and was able to get it to start installing, apparently, before it crashed.I tried the -no-zp flag which I hadn't before since I received the "a freed zone element has been modified..." panic quite frequently, but no luck.

Ok I feel so stupid right now.I had used Linux to try this PC (I got it from my school with 2 x 2GB RAM modules and set it up with another 4 GB I had), and there were no problems so I just assumed the memory was OK.After seeing so many panics related to memory, I ran Memtest86 and there were tons of errors with 2 of the modules.I removed them and everything's fine, the installer is finishing.

Sorry for the trouble guys.

Ok I feel so stupid right now.I had used Linux to try this PC (I got it from my school with 2 x 2GB RAM modules and set it up with another 4 GB I had), and there were no problems so I just assumed the memory was OK.After seeing so many panics related to memory, I ran Memtest86 and there were tons of errors with 2 of the modules.I removed them and everything's fine, the installer is finishing.

Sorry for the trouble guys.

Congratulations  for your patience and your great perseverance

that's how it's done in the Hackintosh
Enjoy

Not sure if this will help since I don't own an xfx Radeon 5450 hd but sappphire works with full graphics when I use fake id 68E01002. Give it a try.

Hello again.

I boot finaly and it works.

But i dont have sound and full hd graphics. Any help???

My card is 

XFX RADEON HD 5450 PASSIVE 1 GB DDR3 HD-545X-ZCH2

Any help?

post-1199206-0-33557000-1503960787_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Finished installing, I've noticed a really weird problem.

I wanted to download Clover Configurator to double-check my config.plist before installing Clover to the HDD, but Safari wouldn't load the site.I tried to download Chrome, the page would keep loading forever too, so I copied the .dmg over and installed it, same problem, some sites load normally and others don't.

Using the developer console I saw that apparently the problem is for some reason related to ad servers and the like.Indeed, if I open YouTube for instance, everything loads slowly and there's always a "Resolving host" in the bottom bar, and after a while everything else is loaded but where ads should be it says it can't resolve pubads.g.doubleclick.net.The connection itself is normal, speedtests report the expected speed and I can download stuff and update apps from the App Store, however if I search for something it keeps trying to load and then says "Cannot connect to App Store".

This happens with both Google and my router's DNS servers, and it isn't happening in any other device in my network.This is really weird.

Edit: another thing to report, the system doesn't properly power off when shutting down.No signal to the monitor but it keeps running and I have to do it manually.

Guest ricoc90

Finished installing, I've noticed a really weird problem.

I wanted to download Clover Configurator to double-check my config.plist before installing Clover to the HDD, but Safari wouldn't load the site.I tried to download Chrome, the page would keep loading forever too, so I copied the .dmg over and installed it, same problem, some sites load normally and others don't.

Using the developer console I saw that apparently the problem is for some reason related to ad servers and the like.Indeed, if I open YouTube for instance, everything loads slowly and there's always a "Resolving host" in the bottom bar, and after a while everything else is loaded but where ads should be it says it can't resolve pubads.g.doubleclick.net.The connection itself is normal, speedtests report the expected speed and I can download stuff and update apps from the App Store, however if I search for something it keeps trying to load and then says "Cannot connect to App Store".

This happens with both Google and my router's DNS servers, and it isn't happening in any other device in my network.This is really weird.

Edit: another thing to report, the system doesn't properly power off when shutting down.No signal to the monitor but it keeps running and I have to do it manually.

LAN or wifi? Which kext are you using?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E5533 met Tapatalk

Not sure if this will help since I don't own an xfx Radeon 5450 hd but sappphire works with full graphics when I use fake id 68E01002. Give it a try.

i have already this settings but does not work.

Ps i dont have dsdt file. cause with this i cant boot. 

@sakis6977

Try with FakeID 0x68e01002 AND with FixDisplay_0100

@Shaheerahm

You'll also need to edit the DSDT and change layout to 13 (OD) in device HDEF :

Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)  // _ADR: Address
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    Store (Package (0x08)
                        {
                            "built-in",
                            Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x00                                           
                            },

"layout-id",
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                 0x0D, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                            },

…

And make sure there's nothing in Device > Audio > Inject in the config.plist.

i have already this settings but does not work.

Ps i dont have dsdt file. cause with this i cant boot. 

If you have also patch Radeon 5450 in DSDT, so remove the patch

config.plist looks like this

<key>FakeID</key>

<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<string>0x68E01002</string>

Graphics 

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<true/>