AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

Please add ALC293 to the distribution. I compiled 1.19 and it works great now on Lenovo ThinkPad T460 with codec id 10ec0293. I attached the zip with 2 layouts. i tested on 10.12.3beta

layout 28 - for ThinkPad with Dock Out

- Internal Mic/ExternalMic (auto-detect)

- Speaker/Headphone Out (auto-detect)

- LineOut for ThinkPad Dock (alternative output channel)

- HDMI

layout 29 - for ThinkPad without Dock

- HDMI

Attached in the zips is - Resources/ALC293 folder with key files:

Info.plist

layout28.xml 

layout29.xml

Platform.docks.xml

Plaform.xml

+

PinConfigs-28-Info.plist

PinConfigs-29-Info.plist

thank you! 

ALC293.zip

• Like 1

Please add ALC293 to the distribution. I compiled 1.19 and it works great now on Lenovo ThinkPad T460 with codec id 10ec0293. I attached the zip with 2 layouts. i tested on 10.12.3beta

layout 28 - for ThinkPad with Dock Out

- LineOut for ThinkPad Dock (alternative output channel)

layout 29 - for ThinkPad without Dock

Attached in the zips is - Resources/ALC293 folder with key files:

Info.plist

layout28.xml 

layout29.xml

Platform.docks.xml

Plaform.xml

+

PinConfigs-28-Info.plist

PinConfigs-29-Info.plist

thank you! 

Added. Thanks :)

• Like 1

Please add this to distribution

Realtek ALC293 Revision 0x0003 for Dell Latittude E7450 on Sierra 10.12.2 (16C68)

Input and Output all works, i used layout-id=9 with latest source code of appleALC (1.0.19)

I attached :

1. PlatformsA.xml.zlib
2. Layout9.xml.zlib

3. Info.plist of pinconfig.kext

layout9.xml.zlib.zip

PlatformsA.xml.zlib.zip

Info.plist.zip

Hello,

The AppleALC kext works awesome for my laptop, internal speakers and internal mic are working fine with layout 3. When I plug in my headphones, the sound works as well, but the external mic does not. The audio settings show "Line in", so it does recognize it, but not working. I tried layout 13 also, but that one does not work at all. This is not a major problem, but I use my headphones for making calls, and need the external mic. I'm hoping this is a minor issue and easy to get patched. Please help!

1. HP Elite X2 1012 G1 2-in-1 Laptop/Tablet, Core M7-6Y75 / 1.2 GHz

2. Conexant CX20724
3. Layout used: 3 - Internal speakers and microphone working fine.  External speakers/headphones working fine.  External microphone not working
4. Sierra 10.12.2
5. Info.plist attached

Appreciate your hard work! Thanks in advance.

Info.plist.zip

Please add this to distribution

Realtek ALC293 Revision 0x0003 for Dell Latittude E7450 on Sierra 10.12.2 (16C68)

Input and Output all works, i used layout-id=9 with latest source code of appleALC (1.0.19)

I attached :

1. PlatformsA.xml.zlib

2. Layout9.xml.zlib

3. Info.plist of pinconfig.kext

Hello. Please use for custom layouts numbers from 11. Test it with free layout-id and provide updated resources. Thanks. 

Hello,

The AppleALC kext works awesome for my laptop, internal speakers and internal mic are working fine with layout 3. When I plug in my headphones, the sound works as well, but the external mic does not. The audio settings show "Line in", so it does recognize it, but not working. I tried layout 13 also, but that one does not work at all. This is not a major problem, but I use my headphones for making calls, and need the external mic. I'm hoping this is a minor issue and easy to get patched. Please help!

1. HP Elite X2 1012 G1 2-in-1 Laptop/Tablet, Core M7-6Y75 / 1.2 GHz

2. Conexant CX20724

3. Layout used: 3 - Internal speakers and microphone working fine.  External speakers/headphones working fine.  External microphone not working

4. Sierra 10.12.2

5. Info.plist attached

Appreciate your hard work! Thanks in advance.

ComboJack has been a problem over the years, with some codecs work well and others do not, you use CodecCommander?

Still the same. When I plug in the headphones, Input settings show Name: Line in and Type: Audio line-in port, but mic is not working. Headphones are still working with the CodecCommander. That's in S/L/E. About to try it in EFI/Clover/Kexts

post your files here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/page-1

Hello. Please use for custom layouts numbers from 11. Test it with free layout-id and provide updated resources. Thanks. 

Here i go,, I use layout-id = 11 :) It works perfectly at macOS Sierra 10.12.3 for ALC293 with Dell E7450

info.plist of ALC293's Folder.zip

Info.plist of PinConfig.zip

layout11.xml.zlib.zip

PlatformsA.xml.zlib.zip

• Like 1

I noticed a problem regarding my hardware audio, so CA0132, using a edited AppleHDA.kext

Sometimes, when audio won't make sound, I noticed a row in DPCIManager called "Null Codec" with same id and device of Creative then when I reboot this system and it make a sound on youtube, I opened DPCIManager and the "null Codec" hides. So, haven't much experience in codec than you, I'm trying to understand it alone.

But for now, I need you, if you have some experiences about to understand it.

Frank

Hi guys, I would love to upgrade to Sierra, but the only thing holding me back is the sound. After many months of struggle, I have this custom patched AppleHDA that makes everything work in my beloved ASUS X550LDV running El Capitan. (HDMI sound ok , Internal Microphone, Internal Speakers, Headphone/Microphone Jack, hell, even VGA is working awesome  :drool: )

In Linux I found out that it is not ALC233, it is actually ALC3236.

I also learned by experience that the pin layout and associations are different from most ALC3236.

I deleted all the AppleHDA patching stuff and I only kept the patched AppleHDA

Here it is:

AppleHDA kosakgroove ASUS X550LD ALC3236.kext.zip

I would love if you could please add it to AppleALC.kext so I can upgrade to MacOS Sierra without further waiting :D

All the patched content is in the layout id 3 which is the one I currently use,

And if you could put it in layout id 69 that would be wicked cool haha 

I read about the procedure to contribute to AppleALC and it looks scary to me. 

I already tried AppleALC and sound works with most layout ids, but microphone doesn't, neither does HDMI Sound, even when using the "UseIntel HDMI" option in Clover. So I think I would have better results if you added my special pin layout to Apple ALC.

My ig-platform-id is 0x0a260006

I am no expert

Thanks in advance

post-1517295-0-02874800-1485520040_thumb.png

I had already fixed this kext a couple of days ago.... :hysterical:#576

Post #576 points to some IDT codec , definitely you are not talking of my ALC3236 ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post #576 points to some IDT codec , definitely you are not talking of my ALC3236 ????

and ALC 236 is not the same as ALC3236???

and ALC 236 is not the same as ALC3236???

IDT?... :hysterical:  open your eyes, I wanted to say that I had already patched an AppleHDA 

for ALC236 there are a couple of days ago.

• Like 1

The codec is ALC3236 seems to be a revision of ALC233

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/?p=2232953

You might be able to use AppleALC without adding more patches, by trying the IDs 3, 4, 5, 13, 27 or 28.

Good Luck

As i mention in the previous post i tried all the layout ids listed in the AppleALC for alc233 and nothing. Maybe if you look into my patched AppleHDA you will see its different. My best results were with layout id 5 but mic didnt work and hdmi also didnt... i wonder if you could tell me if you can add my modifications into a different layout id

HDMI will not work without either the "AddHDMI" DSDT-Fix in Clover, combined with the "New Way" Setting in Clover, or a patched DSDT.

In regards to your layout issue I guess you have to wait for the guys in charge... ;)