AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

Hi @Mirone. I hava a question for you... When i use AppleHDA or aDummyHDA created with AppleHDAPatcher for ALC255 i have kernel_task loading about 200%. Same thing happens with AppleALC. Maybe there is a problem in resources for this codec? By the way @InsanelyDeepak version for ALC255 works like a charm.  Thanks!

Yes, I already know which one is the problem, I'll fix it as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Hi folks,

Is there anything that can be done to AppleALC to prevent my audio output defaulting back to headphones after a reboot or is it not involved in that at all?

It didn't used to do it, just for the last few releases of macOS.

Hi Mirone

Wahoo, I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Read almost through 9 pages of a thread and just try "hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25" and it works. Even combo mic works beautifully as in Ubuntu. Now, how to get it to CodecCommander?

Hi Mirone

Wahoo, I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Read almost through 9 pages of a thread and just try "hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25" and it works. Even combo mic works beautifully as in Ubuntu. Now, how to get it to CodecCommander?

#entry2364036

• Like 1

Thank you Mirone  but both CodecCommander and EAPDFix kext only enable jacksense for 1 (one) time right after boot. Then I have to manually send the command anytime I plug in the jack. 

My current work around is integrate the verb command to the anti-pop background process. Any better approach?

Hmm... Strange... You are reporting about ALC233 and gave info.plist from ALC270

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2016-09-23 в 18.41.05.png

It is actually 233 if I check it in Ubuntu.

Sorry. Ok actually ALC270. I have double checked by Windows 10 and Ubuntu.

I received back the laptop from service center so I just presume the audio as it was  but they said the mainboard replaced.

So it is ALC270.

Also I am reporting that layout 28 is best for this ALC270 with JackSense combo Headphone/Mic on this laptop Asus X451CA

Hi all, it is possible to driver external speaker thought the 1/8" jack as in Windows. Each time a jack is plugin, a popup appear asking for Headphone or Speaker Out?

I found a EAPD in out VREF_HIZ node and config it as External Speaker but I haven't a speaker on hand to test.

Also. where is the custom layout.xml.zlib and platform.xml.zilb does apply? I just add custom verb data to pinconfig info.plist without any layout.xml and platform.xml then AppleALC show all modified pin as expected and it work as expected with out such xml?

Hi,@Vandroiy2012. I am using aDummyHDA for ALC286 by Mirone.It is working on 10.12.2. But I failed to insert  it into AppleALC.I will post all file. I download the AppleHDA from :http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/page-8?do=findComment&comment=2204939

Added. Test it. Report. Layout-id 3

AppleALC.kext.zip

Who's the author of the ALC293 for Dell Latitude E7450 ? The patch seems to not work

According to the changelogs it was contributed by Andres ZeroCross. I do not remember whether he is the author or not but you are best to contact him.

@Vandroiy2012

Can you insert this source into the next release?

Codec for ALC888S-VD for Medion P8610 - LayoutID 29

Everything works with AplleALC Source 1.1.0

Outputs:
Speaker and Speaker bass - Connect via MidiSetup - works very well
SPDIF

Inputs:
internal Mic and external Mic (LineIn), both good sensitivity
  • Like 1

I have an ASUS Z97-K board with an ALC887 codec, running OS X 10.12.3. I have tried a few layouts but they all have the same problem: sound is distorted. Am I supposed to just try all layouts, or am I doing something wrong? I see this in the log:

kernel[0]: (kernel) AppleALC: patcher @ lookup patching applied only 0 patches out of 2