AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

HDMI will not work without either the "AddHDMI" DSDT-Fix in Clover, combined with the "New Way" Setting in Clover, or a patched DSDT.

In regards to your layout issue I guess you have to wait for the guys in charge... ;)

I don't want to be rude or anything but I just think they could help users a bit more specially when its not a support question. I am just asking for you to add my patches to your kext, So I can upgrade to Sierra without using a custom patched AppleHDa, but the native one with AppleALC.. Is it too much to ask?

I don't want to be rude or anything but I just think they could help users a bit more specially when its not a support question. I am just asking for you to add my patches to your kext, So I can upgrade to Sierra without using a custom patched AppleHDa, but the native one with AppleALC.. Is it too much to ask?

If you want Custom Resources add it yourself in AppleALC, test it if it works and then provide UNPACKED resources and pinconfig here or make PullRequest on GitHub.  

OK. Try this. Layout-id 29...AppleALC.kext.zip

If you want Custom Resources add it yourself in AppleALC, test it if it works and then provide UNPACKED resources and pinconfig here or make PullRequest on GitHub.

OK. Try this. Layout-id 29...attachicon.gifAppleALC.kext.zip

Working perfect in El Capitan and Sierra yay :) is there a chance that you would add this to the main AppleALC kext so i would keep using this layout id but be able to update the kext and use the main version of the kext?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Vandroiy2012

Can you insert this source into the next release?

Codec for ALC269VB Desktop Dell Optiplex 790 LayoutID 11

The codec work well with patched HDA and on-the-fly.
Now tested with AppleALC, works very well.

Layout-id 11 already in use. Test it with free layout-id and provide updated resources. Thanks!

ALC3253 = ALC225, I already did the patch a AppleHDA for this codec, if you want to test let me know.

I also have ALC3253 on a Dell Inspiron 13 7378 Laptop and can't get it to patch right, I have done the clover entries and installed the kext to the right folder and still no go.

Under System Information/Audio I do see Intel High Definition Audio and there is no other info besides that.

Can you please help me, maybe you already have a patched kext for it.

Under windows this was the hardware ID for the Audio Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0225&SUBSYS_10280741&REV_1000

Thank you

I also have ALC3253 on a Dell Inspiron 13 7378 Laptop and can't get it to patch right, I have done the clover entries and installed the kext to the right folder and still no go.

Under System Information/Audio I do see Intel High Definition Audio and there is no other info besides that.

Can you please help me, maybe you already have a patched kext for it.

Under windows this was the hardware ID for the Audio Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0225&SUBSYS_10280741&REV_1000

Thank you

try this: ALC225 

use Layout_id=3 in your config.plist or DSDT.aml.

I use AppleALC for AppleHDA235. Stereo and mic is fine. But there is problem with headphone. 

When headphone plugin, all vocal is mute, other sound frequency is ok. It is like all songs become karaoke sound without vocal
If the balance control is not in the center but shifted to one side then the vocal is up.
So strange

I use AppleALC for AppleHDA235. Stereo and mic is fine. But there is problem with headphone. 

When headphone plugin, all vocal is mute, other sound frequency is ok. It is like all songs become karaoke sound without vocal

If the balance control is not in the center but shifted to one side then the vocal is up.

So strange

Install Rehabman's CodecCommander.kext and report back. If it doesn't solve the issue, open up its info.plist and duplicate the value from ALC283 and name it to ALC235

• Like 1

When headphone plugin, all vocal is mute, other sound frequency is ok. It is like all songs become karaoke sound without vocalIf the balance control is not in the center but shifted to one side then the vocal is up.So strange

Check your audio plug. I had the same issue, sounded the same, and my audio plug was loose on my headphones.

• Like 1

So strange

It looks like your audio signal is loosing the center.

Vocals and bass sounds are usually centered on the stereo image in most musics. When you eletronically revert the phase of one channel (left or right) the result sounds like only the sides of the mix are played (without or a little of the center material).

Check your audio cables, as DaffyDuck said, and any phase software or hardware options.

• Like 1

Check your audio plug. I had the same issue, sounded the same, and my audio plug was loose on my headphones.

This is laptop.

It looks like your audio signal is loosing the center.

Vocals and bass sounds are usually centered on the stereo image in most musics. When you eletronically revert the phase of one channel (left or right) the result sounds like only the sides of the mix are played (without or a little of the center material).

Check your audio cables, as DaffyDuck said, and any phase software or hardware options.

I have tried 2 headphones same result. But all work well in Ubuntu. See my codec dump in next post

Install Rehabman's CodecCommander.kext and report back. If it doesn't solve the issue, open up its info.plist and duplicate the value from ALC283 and name it to ALC235

No luck, try your method and EPADFix too. While it work beautifully in Ubuntu. See my attached codec dump with and without headphone

Archive.zip

I have manually decode codec verb and path-map. Generally it is same as HdaPatcher, only minor change to LineIn and Mic. Remove DSP.

But the problem is not fixed. Centered balance mute Headphone's vocal. Combo jack Mic not recognized.
This is my files
Do you have any idea?

codec_dump_dec.txt.svg.zip

layout3.xml.zip

Platforms.xml.zip

codec_verb_path.txt

Info.plist.zip

I have manually decode codec verb and path-map. Generally it is same as HdaPatcher, only minor change to LineIn and Mic. Remove DSP.

But the problem is not fixed. Centered balance mute Headphone's vocal. Combo jack Mic not recognized.

This is my files

Do you have any idea?

Do not post in multiple topics post in one place and wait for help, after all everyone has a life beyond the hackintosh.

• Like 1

Hi @Mirone. I hava a question for you... When i use AppleHDA or aDummyHDA created with AppleHDAPatcher for ALC255 i have kernel_task loading about 200%. Same thing happens with AppleALC. Maybe there is a problem in resources for this codec? By the way @InsanelyDeepak version for ALC255 works like a charm.  Thanks!

• Like 1