[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

spakk

1,255 posts in this topic

10.10.5_SSPlus_V2 or V3

But the other kernels should work with xcode, describe your present trouble with xcode

Can you fix your 10.11.2_old AMD kernel for K10 or older CPUs with 939-pin ?

look in your mailbox

Wait ! There's a kernel 10.11 out there that works on 939-pin CPU's ? Really ?!?

Where it is :drool: ?

can you check the new kernel and report us ? unfortunately, jsl is not online,

therefore I can not make any statement, since I do not have a test result

deleted 10.11.2_SSEPlus_V4_old.zip

can you check the new kernel and report us ? unfortunately, jsl is not online,

therefore I can not make any statement, since I do not have a test result

Unfortunately this V4_OLD kernel can not login desktop for both Phenom x4 9850 and Phenom II x6 1405T hackintosh at 10.11.5.

The first freeze as " invalid kernel 64 bit opcode" (Phenom x4 9850).

The second system down after ApplePS2Controller loaded (Phenom II x6 1405T).

Unfortunately this V4_OLD kernel can not login desktop for both Phenom x4 9850 and Phenom II x6 1405T hackintosh at 10.11.5.

The first freeze as " invalid kernel 64 bit opcode" (Phenom x4 9850).

The second system down after ApplePS2Controller loaded (Phenom II x6 1405T).

I have changed AMD_10.11.2_OLD and hope that will work.

AMD_10.11.2_OLD1.zip

Thanks Spakk but no success so far with Athlon 64 3500+ 939-pin :(.

Both kernels freeze when booting on the USB Install disk on AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext. I tried to build an injector/dummy/DSDT patch/USBInjectAll.kext but they all failed. So I installed El Cap on an HDD plugged into an adapter with my Intel-based Hack then plugged back the HDD as Internal in the AMD rig.

1st kernel stopped at IOATABlockStorage.kext preceded by an Opcode error (sorry, can't say what it is, too fast to reed it).

2nd kernel went far beyond but still freeze with what looks like a KP, again preceded by an Opcode error.

I think you're close to find the right combination so keep trying :) :) :) !

This AMD_10.11.2_OLD1 kernel can login desktop, but too many app crashed except Firefox for Phenom x4 9850 & Athlon 64 x2 6000+ hackintosh at 10.11.5.

Here is my rc1 kernel with matching System.kext and Frameworks. I'm currently using this on my own system and only app that I've found to crash is Safari.

Edit:

paste the contents of the Extensions folder in to System/Library/Extensions and
the contents of the Frameworks folder should to be merged in to System/Library/Frameworks.
Not replaced the contents of the Frameworks folder 1:1!
Notice, this instruction, otherwise the system will not boot.

Hi Shaneee, I tested your rc1 successfully with 10.11.4. I had far less errors in console, even though a few new frameworks-related warnings, and geekbench gave me slightly lower results (about 5%)  than y2k4u's kernel on a Phenom II x4. No apps crashing (not even Safari), but this was not extended tests...

But, not related, I had a hardware failure, and have moved to Intel now. I'll try to rebuild an AMD rig and keep on testing, and report around here.

For anyone interested as far as Athlon II/Phenom II with AMD kernel and ElCapitan is concerned:

I upgraded (dirty way) my rig to Intel : from Athlon II x3 460 on AsRock n68-gs3-ucc to Core i5 4460 on Gigabyte GA-z97p-d3.

I plugged the 10.11.4 SSD directly to the new motherboard, still using the same kernel/kexts, and the few graphical problems I had before with AMD CPU/kernel, were gone :

HWmonitor Preferences window used to crash on AMD, Cinebench never used full capacities of my GTX560 (limited to 30 fps, not using full power, even though AGPM is OK)

Using the same AMD kernel (y2k4u's) on the Intel CPU, this 2 problems were solved (and still are, now that I use native kernel/kexts of course)

Someone cleverer than me, can probably draw conclusions. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

spaak, do u have stable sources u can share on kernel diff post?

btw i just notice u guys are compiling the System.kext plugins. Are those inside xnu? can't find them in sources

The xnu-make script i'm using also builds libsystem_kernel.dylib. this is installed by default on OS update (the static libsystem_kernel.a is not) 

The build folder looks like this:

MacBook:~ root# ls -l /private/var/root/xnu-make/build 
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102  7 Jun 18:33 AvailabilityVersions
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  170  7 Jun 18:33 dtrace
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  170  7 Jun 20:26 libsystem
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102  7 Jun 18:32 sdk
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  170  7 Jun 18:34 xnu
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  170  7 Jun 20:26 xnu.hdrs
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  170  7 Jun 20:28 xnu.libsyscall

Most AMD kernels available just ignore all this and let the OS update. What's the best way to provide a kernel package ?

btw i do hope some1 is using the kernel.dSYM todo some serious testing :P

You have a 990FXA-UD3? I have the same motherboard with a AMD FX 6300 processor and 8GB DDR3 but i don't  know what Kernel, bootloader and what Kexts i should use for El Capitan.

Now I'm using a Yosemite 10.10.1 Distro on my PC.

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My kernel created 10 december .

Try kernel .) 

attachicon.gifkernel_rc1.zip

Hi Bronya great work¡¡¡¡ i admire all the great hackintoshers as you...i have a question about your kernel, the enoch bootloader cant find it even as root or in S/L/E

Hi Bronya great work¡¡¡¡ i admire all the great hackintoshers as you...i have a question about your kernel, the enoch bootloader cant find it even as root or in S/L/E

in fact when i copy it to replace the old kernel, it just copy to the directory, but i have to files named kernel...and nothing is replaced...as iif it were invisible or...something like that...sorry for my bad english, and my poor knowledge about Hackintosh...i am installing el capitan on amd 8350 fx cpu...all goes wel on installation but when the wellcome screen comes i have not mouse pointer...i ve been testing with many other kernels and usb fix v1,2,3, but nothing..i when i want to test your kernel the bootloader doesnt find it  in any place and even if i write it as flag xxxx_kernel if i named it as ia want it in root...i had alwalys boot in that way with no problems...but your kernel is like invisible ...jajajjaja...sorry for my stupid confusion...could you helpme please....¡¡¡¡¡

• Like 1

As a note my kernel above is working on the 10.11.6 final release :thumbsup_anim: Just updated with Combo Update then replaced files and built caches.

Invalid opcode error after update to 10.11.6( tried to replace kernel and system.kext

Upd: Oops.. Sorry, forgot to remove appletymcedriver.kext and appleupstreamuserclient.kext))

Now boots fine)

post-302440-0-71003600-1468920982_thumb.png

• Like 2