[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

spakk

1,255 posts in this topic

Here's my kernel updated with new sources. Works on all AMD CPUs but with FX bug present. Helper tools now function as they should too.

Download here

Both kernels (10114phenom & 1011xrc2) can login desktop for Phenom x4 9850 hackintosh and all apps worked perfectly.

But CineBench R15 showed better performance (> 15 %) for 1011xrc2 kernel.

I'm not a very expert on pc, I am very wonder on how I pass the 2 test . I found this site because I am googling to "install" os x el capitan on virtualbox o vmware or also another virtual machine. The problem that i have is that i have an amd processore, the fx-6300, and also an nvidia gtx 750 ti but it not so important. I think that you can help me, but how i have just told on the top, i am not so expert on pc so i don't know how to do it and i am asking if someone can guide me on this procedure. Thanks a lot to all, and sorry for my english, i am italian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

works well with my CPU

I try with your kernel AMD 10.11.6, the installations is succeful, but at first boot nothing happend: empty black screen.

If I use -x shows some text, but it goes empty black screen again.

Mobo: ASUS A68HM-plus

CPU: A10 7860k APU Radeon R7 series

It has to do with their graphics card, buy a OS X compatible graphics card, possibly a Radeon HD 6450 : https://geizhals.de/xfx-radeon-hd-6450-passiv-hd-645x-znh2-a633340.html

But on instalation, graphics are fluid. There is any way to know what happend, like a log?

Kernel sources updated to Darwin 15.6.0,

I tested your kernel Shaneee-10.11.x-RC4, only works on safe mode with some graphics issue: the icons are green.

issue_4.jpeg

With only -v shows: Sistem.kext has incorrect permissions: ommiting and then a lot of Sandbox errors Permissions issue

Mobo: ASUS A68HM-plus

CPU: A10 7860k APU Radeon R7 series

Oh sorry. I have something messed up. :( I have away my message.

(the Radeon R7 will working! However, with glitchy icons under el capitan. but that has nothing to do with your graphics card, the problem is another)

if sandbox errors appears, then there is a possibility to rescue the system:

1. boot with another executable OS X system.

2. replace the Sandbox.kext with another Sandbox.kext from 10.11.x in to S/L/E  

3. Fix the permissions and create a new PrelinkedKernel.

4. Restart the system then your system will starts normally

Oh sorry. I have something messed up. :( I have away my message.

(the Radeon R7 will working! However, with glitchy icons under el capitan. but that has nothing to do with your graphics card, the problem is another)

if sandbox errors appears, then there is a possibility to rescue the system:

1. boot with another executable OS X system.

2. replace the Sandbox.kext with another Sandbox.kext from 10.11.x in to S/L/E  

3. Fix the permissions and create a new PrelinkedKernel.

4. Restart the system then your system will starts normally

Thank you spakk, your kernel now works on my hackintosh, but same as Shaneee kernel with icons glitchy

The trouble has been known for a long time and occurs mainly with some APUs- as well with all FX CPUs.

However, at the moment there is no solutions to the problem. All other AMD CPUs have not this trouble.

Edit:

The fact is we have not got a real solution for this problem.  

I hope that if sierra sourcecode will be published, then we could have success???

• 4 weeks later...

The trouble has been known for a long time and occurs mainly with some APUs- as well with all FX CPUs.

However, at the moment there is no solutions to the problem. All other AMD CPUs have not this trouble.

Edit:

The fact is we have not got a real solution for this problem.  

I hope that if sierra sourcecode will be published, then we could have success???

any ideia when macOS kernel launches?

• 2 weeks later...

works well with my CPU

Thanks for such a great new AMD kernel which works perfectly in FX-6300, Phenom x4 9850 and Athlon 64 X2 6000+ of my Hackintoshs.

Previous kernels can not properly reboot or shutdown as this new one.

Only Phenom II x6 1405T can not compatible with this new one, which must use y2k4u's 10112r2 kernel or Shaneee-10.11.x-RC4 to reboot/shutdown properly.

[Edit]

After repeated trial I found that this new kernel sometimes works for Phenom II x6 1405T too, but not always working reliably as y2k4u's 10112r2 kernel or Shaneee-10.11.x-RC4

Edited by jsl

Kernel sources updated to Darwin 15.6.0,

Thanks for such a great new AMD kernel.

It need booting with "-f" by Chameleon Enoch to get proper reboot or shutdown for FX-6300 and Phenom x4 9850 hackintoshs.

However it works perfectly for Phenom II x6 1405T hackintosh which can proper reboot/shutdown without booting "-f"

Edited by jsl

Thanks for such a great new AMD kernel which works perfectly in FX-6300, Phenom x4 9850 and Athlon 64 X2 6000+ of my Hackintoshs.

Previous kernels can not properly reboot or shutdown as this new one.

Only Phenom II x6 1405T can not compatible with this new one, which must use y2k4u's 10112r2 kernel to reboot/shutdown properly.

[Edit]

After repeated trial I found that this new kernel sometimes works for Phenom II x6 1405T too, but not always working as y2k4u's 10112r2 kernel.

As soon as I have more time, I will check the contents of the source so that your Phenom II x6 1405T can work with it.

Thanks for such a great new AMD kernel.

It need booting with "-f" by Chameleon Enoch to get proper reboot or shutdown for FX-6300 and Phenom x4 9850 hackintoshs.

However it works perfectly for Phenom II x6 1405T hackintosh which can proper reboot/shutdown without booting "-f"

is still glitch green icons for fx 6300?

• Like 1

do any kernels work with AMD Athlon 64  x2 5000+?

10.11.6?

Dans

check my Post#1221 and 1222

You can use any one of these 3 kernels for trial because which was working for my Athlon 64 X2 6000+

• 1 month later...

I did a post an half hour before on http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310796-amd-os-x-el-capitan-1011-fx-kernel-task-force/page-61

But this time I tested file Shaneee-10.11.x-RC4 on My machine configuration

& got stuck on, dont know where

Kernel flags used were PCIRootUID=0 UseKernelCache=No npci=0x3000 -v

I am using Enoch bootloader with the latest build.

Could any one help me...