[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

spakk

1,255 posts in this topic

I think that our programmers should go back to the drawing board and revise a new compatible AMD kernel. This reminds me a little of the initial problems with the kernel development of Mountain Lion.

• Like 2

Can you try this kernel please,

attachicon.gifkernel.zip

Works on my config.

But same crashes in Safari as with other kernels.

Noticed that crashes happened when select url field with enabled 'show favorites' option in setting and when open new tab with enabled 'open top sites in new tab' option in settings.

Disable these options in settings and no more crashes in Safari.

Hello everybody! I have a problem with usb . but rather with appleusbehci. I punched a lot of different ways how to fix but one is not working. Tell me how to solve this problem

describe concretely your problem in the Help toppic possible with images etc so that can somebody can help you.

Well, maybe a problem with your graphic card :unsure: ?

Put your specs in sig please :).

My Signature:

OS X 10.11.2 (15C50) (kernel - 10110R3) | CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0 GHz | MB: ASUS M4A78 PLUS | RAM: 8 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM| Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB|

OS X 10.11.2 (15C50) (kernel - 10110R3) | CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9850 3.0 GHz(O.C.) | MB: ASUS M3A | RAM: 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM| Video: ASUS ATI RADEON 5770 1024 MB|

Edited by jsl

Hi ipukraine my system no problems with restart or shoot down,have you problems with that? I'm with kernel rc1.

Restart does not work with all kernels on my config. And as I know this problem not only for me. But kext solved this.
  • Like 1

Restart does not work with all kernels on my config. And as I know this problem not only for me. But kext solved this.

For me from Lion i stop to use this kext restart,shoot down work always but then discovered voodootscamd and pached10.7applertc kexts and add for me always may be this kexts help , i don't now but  no problems with that from then. Sorry for my english. Regards!

For me from Lion i stop to use this kext restart,shoot down work always but then discovered voodootscamd and pached10.7applertc kexts and add for me always may be this kexts help , i don't now but  no problems with that from then. Sorry for my english. Regards!

Restart always work without problems for me until now. Yearly use evoreboot. In el capitan evoreboot an openhaltrestart kexts cause panic. I found this kext (OSXRestart.kext) and use it.

VoodooTSC and PatchedRTC have nothing to restart/shutdown. And I always use them.

It is great that you have working restart and don't need any kext for it.

Can you try this kernel please preferably FX and Phenom. I added some old code from the ML kernels to it.

attachicon.gifkernel.zip

No luck my friend, same probl.

Can you try this kernel please preferably FX and Phenom. I added some old code from the ML kernels to it.

attachicon.gifkernel.zip

Thanks.

This kernel did not work for AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ CPU in ASUS M4A78 PLUS MB (unable to login desktop).

I'll try it later in Phenom x4 9850 system.

[Edited]

Although this kernel can login desktop for Phenom x4 9850 in ASUS M3A MB, there is graphic bug along with mouse and desktop as the following (the same as post #355):

Besides, networking and mouse control are also unstable and easily crashed.

post-70188-0-27542900-1450336735_thumb.png