[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

spakk

1,255 posts in this topic

My first attempt at getting a kernel to work on both FX & older AMD CPUs.  This kernel should greatly reduce or eliminate tons of kernel related error messages on booting.

Please test especially those with FX CPUs.

attachicon.gif10110R3.zip

Thanks for such an excellent AMD kernel which works for Phenom x4 9850 CPU in Asus M3A MB at 10.11.2.

This kernel not only eliminates all of kernel related error messages (except USB related errors) on booting, but also reduces many applications crashed.

It makes me feel like using an Intel CPU Hackintosh now !

Great task !

@shaneee , look in your box :)

edit:

my last test for this night to install OSXUpdCombo10.11.2 15C48a on my El Capitan partition, and test again with amd kernel

I hope that will start el caputano :D

Rome was not built in one day ... I will have to wait a little ... Christmas and New Year are imminent .... :D

so looks my problem, see image.

I have the problem with all amd kernels. I think that the problem is not the cause of the kernel but what is the cause?

According to my previous experience this error means FakeSMC.kext was not loaded yet.

You need the correct bootloader such as Enoch 2795 (or Clover 3253/3292 ? ) to fix it.

• Like 1

I've used Enoch 2795 and now I use the boot file from Bronya but my hackintosh does not boot into the desktop,

I will check tomorrow my system

Thanks for such an excellent AMD kernel which works for Phenom x4 9850 CPU in Asus M3A MB at 10.11.2.

This kernel not only eliminates all of kernel related error messages (except USB related errors) on booting, but also reduces many applications crashed.

It makes me feel like using an Intel CPU Hackintosh now !

Great task !

Thanks for testing the kernel!

Now I just have to get that kernel to work on Athon II & FX CPUs. Not having access to those CPUs and getting feedback that it merely doesn't work make it almost impossible to debug.  It's like shooting a target blindfolded and being told that you didn't hit the target.  I guess I can keep on shooting until someone tells me I've got it.  B)

Athlon & FX owners feel like doing another test?  :D 

10110R3 runs well on an Athlon II X4 620, graphic artifacts in photos are still present though

tested on 10.11.2

btw, for those of you who don't want to disable USB2 from bios, just delete AppleEHCIPCI.kext inside IOUSBHostFamily.kext and the USBs will function just as perfect as before but in USB 1.1 mode (Sleep and wake will work). This way you don't lose legacy functions and you can still use USB 2.0 in windows/yosemite etc

thanks!!

10110R3 runs well on an Athlon II X4 620, graphic artifacts in photos are still present though

tested on 10.11.2

btw, for those of you who don't want to disable USB2 from bios, just delete AppleEHCIPCI.kext inside IOUSBHostFamily.kext and the USBs will function just as perfect as before but in USB 1.1 mode (Sleep and wake will work). This way you don't lose legacy functions and you can still use USB 2.0 in windows/yosemite etc

thanks!!

I think you mean AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext inside IOUSBHostFamily.kext\Contents\PlugIns ?

In my Asus M3A MB just delete AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext is not practical solution, because the mouse control became sluggish which means USB 1.1's OHCI function was also interfered.

Disable USB 2.0 function at BIOS is the best temporary solution for my Hackintosh at 10.11.2.

My first attempt at getting a kernel to work on both FX & older AMD CPUs.  This kernel should greatly reduce or eliminate tons of kernel related error messages on booting.

Please test especially those with FX CPUs.

attachicon.gif10110R3.zip

Works on my config.

But same crash with Safari:

Dec 15 09:22:43 Mac-Pro-andrey com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WebKit.Networking.1DEBAF7D-33FA-4788-A62A-46D1A71B3CF7[1962]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
Dec 15 09:22:43 Mac-Pro-andrey com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WebKit.Networking.3B21541B-D0F8-4DB5-A2C5-DB5F5D8FB077[1964]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
Dec 15 09:22:43 Mac-Pro-andrey com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WebKit.WebContent.87B883B2-28D3-4017-8927-25F8BE090C20[1963]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
Dec 15 09:22:43 Mac-Pro-andrey com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WebKit.WebContent.D746FE4C-F486-40EE-B6A0-6CFB99BE8424[1965]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
Dec 15 09:22:43 Mac-Pro-andrey com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.Safari.10592[1961]): Service exited due to signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Dec 15 09:22:44 Mac-Pro-andrey com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.Safari.10592): assertion failed: 15C50: launchd + 97285 [F9041CE4-2CDC-350F-8A46-6A8D32A51A2B]: 0x16
Dec 15 09:22:44 Mac-Pro-andrey ReportCrash[1956]: Saved crash report for Safari[1961] version 9.0.2 (11601.3.9) to /Users/andrey/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Safari_2015-12-15-092244_Mac-Pro-andrey.crash
Dec 15 09:22:44 Mac-Pro-andrey ReportCrash[1956]: Removing excessive log: file:///Users/andrey/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Safari_2015-12-14-113313_Mac-Pro-andrey.crash
Dec 15 09:22:44 Mac-Pro-andrey ReportCrash[1956]: AutoSubmitPreference is 0
Dec 15 09:22:46 Mac-Pro-andrey sandboxd[148] ([1966]): com.apple.Safari(1966) deny mach-lookup com.apple.CoreServices.coreservicesd
Dec 15 09:22:46 Mac-Pro-andrey sandboxd[148] ([1966]): com.apple.Safari(1966) deny file-read-metadata /usr

crashlogs.zip

Except Safari system works very well, fast.

No errors strings during boot as seen with Bronya's kernel.

Fix Safari and it will be just awesome.

tested on 10.11.2

Could you post the screen shot of the artifacts and the results of the command line "sysctl machdep"?

Works on my config.

But same crash with Safari

Except Safari system works very well, fast.

No errors strings during boot as seen with Bronya's kernel.

Fix Safari and it will be just awesome.

Looks like other kernels, including Bronya's kernel, are having similar crashes in Safari.

Can you provide the list of apps that crashes?

In one of my Hackintosh (Phenom x4 9850 CPU in Asus M3A MB) Safari works imperfectly esp. playing HTML5's HDMI audio not so smooth as in Firefox.

But in another Hackintosh (Athlon 64 x2 6000+ CPU in Asus M4A78 Plus MB) Safari works perfectly playing HTML5's HDMI audio as smoothly as in Firefox.

So I think it's dependent upon differences of AMD CPUs, Chipsets  and Display cards, etc.

For both systems OpenGL Extensions Viewer crashed, but OpenCL OceanWave_Bandwidth_V161 still working.

Thanks for testing the kernel!

Now I just have to get that kernel to work on Athon II & FX CPUs. Not having access to those CPUs and getting feedback that it merely doesn't work make it almost impossible to debug.  It's like shooting a target blindfolded and being told that you didn't hit the target.  I guess I can keep on shooting until someone tells me I've got it.  B)

Athlon & FX owners feel like doing another test?  :D 

Happy to test out for Athlon II X2 215

• Like 1

@shaneee , look in your box :)

edit:

my last test for this night to install OSXUpdCombo10.11.2 15C48a on my El Capitan partition, and test again with amd kernel

I hope that will start el caputano :D

Rome was not built in one day ... I will have to wait a little ... Christmas and New Year are imminent .... :D

so looks my problem, see image.

I have the problem with all amd kernels. I think that the problem is not the cause of the kernel but what is the cause?

Try to boot the kernel with  "-noblacklist" flag (and before remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext manually). See if better

Installation success on my test partition, prepared the installer 10.11.2 with Clover OS X El Capitan USB V.7, i have problem with clover to configure yet and put Extra folder in installer, put my kexts for my config. in Extra/Extensions. applenforceata,nullcpupower,realtek8139,voodootscsyncamd and pached_10.7_applertc.kext for cmos reset, add kext.plist, my boot.plist is from my Yosemite also add csr lines. Add Kernels folder in System/Library and put kernel rc1. Boot with my Yosemite-Enoch 2795 and install on my Test partition. No problems with all USB ports, Safari works and finally iCloud works . Add manually my kexts in S/L/E and kernel in Kernels and remove applertc. I always remove this kext for me , repair permissions end caches with terminal,restart my pc and boot without -f and El capitan work well for now!!! Thanks for all here Now will test other apps and will post for problems. Best Regards! Sorry for my English

Try to boot the kernel with  "-noblacklist" flag (and before remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext manually). See if better

Hi Micky,

as you can seen in the picture, I have no AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in S/L/E (deleted and have booted with
-noblacklist) However, this error occurs with all kernel, so I suspect that this error has no dependency with the kernels.

20151215_193505.jpg

Hi Micky,

as you can seen in the picture, I have no AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in S/L/E (deleted and have booted with
-noblacklist) However, this error occurs with all kernel, so I suspect that this error has no dependency with the kernels.

I have the same problem. with all kernels

Hi Micky,

The error is logged by bootstrap.cpp at loadKernelComponentKexts function, so check OSKext.cpp if something goes wrong here. Also I think that KextExludelist should be allowed in El Capitan since all bootloaders can now handle the csr config to run unsigned kexts.

• Like 3

The error is logged by bootstrap.cpp at loadKernelComponentKexts function, so check OSKext.cpp if something goes wrong here. Also I think that KextExludelist should be allowed in El Capitan since all bootloaders can now handle the csr config to run unsigned kexts.

Wouldn't be as simple as removing "OSKext::isInExcludeList(void)" from OSKext.cpp would it?

Wouldn't be as simple as removing "OSKext::isInExcludeList(void)" from OSKext.cpp would it?

No, just modify the part about c string format like AnV do some time ago :). Let bootloader do his work about loadable (signed) and not loadable (unsigned or signed-broken) and untrusted kexts  :) , My 2 cent, just a test :)

• Like 1