El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

Cyberdevs

769 posts in this topic

Check your FakeSMC.kext and see if it has the following sensors under the plugins folder:

ACPISensors.kext

CPUSensors.kext

GPUSensors.kext

LPCSensors.kext

Rehabman's version works fine.

have all those plugins in my fakesmc ahh well, not like i 'really' need to monitor those, only cosmetics ;)

This is the version of my HWMonitor and it's working ok with some minor setbacks Version 6.18-313-g671f31c.1707

As you can see there is no GPU Die or Thermal sensor.

I don't use the HWMinotor that much but sometimes it comes handy when need be.

post-1011040-0-64894700-1459156368_thumb.jpg

This is the version of my HWMonitor and it's working ok with some minor setbacks Version 6.18-313-g671f31c.1707

As you can see there is no GPU Die or Thermal sensor.

I don't use the HWMinotor that much but sometimes it comes handy when need be.

Tried to see if i could install from Pandora's box, omg im never touching that again, had 5 hours of trying to get macos working again, it started to halt at ACPI, had to jump through my thumb drive to remove the fakesmc.kext it had installed in /S/L/E instead of /L/E which i can access from windows. SO i think i will just leave my WORKING system alone! :)

EDIT: especially considering the things i actually need from HWSensor is the GPU temp/core speed and mem speed, which are working..

• Like 1

Tried to see if i could install from Pandora's box, omg im never touching that again, had 5 hours of trying to get macos working again, it started to halt at ACPI, had to jump through my thumb drive to remove the fakesmc.kext it had installed in /S/L/E instead of /L/E which i can access from windows. SO i think i will just leave my WORKING system alone! :)

EDIT: especially considering the things i actually need from HWSensor is the GPU temp/core speed and mem speed, which are working..

I almost had the same experience with Pandora with no luck! :)

And I never install unverified kexts in S/L/E I always install them in EFI/Clover/kexts and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS keep a spear bootable USB installer with my latest working EFI folder and settings some place safe just in case :)

Give the config.plist I posted in the first page a try but just remember to reconfigure it for your hardware I believe it's configured for nVidia graphics adapters, you might also need to edit your memory information under smbios. or just simply study my config plist and see the differences.

My first assumption is that you need to change some of the settings specially under Kernel and Kext Patches check AppleRTC and AsusAICPUPM and see how it works out.

if the problem is solved; // then it's ok

else;

if the problem is still there; // then let me know

Thanks Cyberdevs,

basically mine and your config.plist are very similar provided that all the settings related to USB and CPU are in SSDTs in my case. That said, I made some other fine tuning of BIOS and now my system shutdowns properly 8/10 of times. 

Anyway I've identified the culprit as the NVMe generic Kext driver. There are more than some posts around where it's tasted that it can cause crashes and rebooting and probably, to a lesser extent, it's what is happening to my system. I have in console this message: "Abnormal shutdown" ... it's most likely caused by that kext .

Unfortunately at the moment macvidcards has never released an update and for sure, as the kext doesn't support sleep, whenever the system goes to sleep then, afterwards, will NOT subsequently shutdown properly. 

I'll keep you posted whether I will get some improvements but I'm also seriously thinking to revert my boot disk to ssd instead of NVMe. 

Thanks Cyberdevs,

basically mine and your config.plist are very similar provided that all the settings related to USB and CPU are in SSDTs in my case. That said, I made some other fine tuning of BIOS and now my system shutdowns properly 8/10 of times. 

Anyway I've identified the culprit as the NVMe generic Kext driver. There are more than some posts around where it's tasted that it can cause crashes and rebooting and probably, to a lesser extent, it's what is happening to my system. I have in console this message: "Abnormal shutdown" ... it's most likely caused by that kext .

Unfortunately at the moment macvidcards has never released an update and for sure, as the kext doesn't support sleep, whenever the system goes to sleep then, afterwards, will NOT subsequently shutdown properly. 

I'll keep you posted whether I will get some improvements but I'm also seriously thinking to revert my boot disk to ssd instead of NVMe. 

You're welcome Hackaro,

Sleep problem is another story, I use an AMD VGA adapter and whenever I tired to put my computer to sleep it wakes into a black screen, there is another topic in this forum which covers the sleep/wake related problems which you might find useful tip, in my case it didn't help, and I don't put my computer to sleep so I don't care about the sleep problem that much.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308025-no-graphics-usb-audio-after-wake/

In an effort to get rid of boot entries I accidentally erased the HDD option (I now have only PCI root entries) the drive boots normally but I want to have the original hdd entry, is there any way? I got a detailed answer for a workaround to this issue from user jdeezy as described http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x-42.html#post1207758here. Any help? Also I asked gigabyte to follow the guide of Dreamcat4 but I think there are a bit lazy and didn't followed it but I insisted. Let's see if they gona do something

Hey Majonez,

Welcome Back :) and thanks for the update

and

John_s

Thank you for the post I'm sure people whose use the Toledo's patch will appreciate your post.

And finally thanks to Slice for the solution :)

@dreamcat4, i got a final reply from gigabyte, it says (although i pointed them to your complete guide) they could not reproduce the problem and return my mb if it is broken. So i believe for them the issue is officially closed. Since i found a working solution i won't bother anymore. Hope you have a better luck

Can you check the links? I get an 403 error. 

Never mind, i got it from the notification email. Great work by the way, your Clover folder saved me from  A LOT of time. 

Keep up the good work!

I fixed it, and I uploaded a modified version. Plz response for me, if it works for you too.

Thx.

Hello. Have updated to 10.11.4 and now intel graphics is working. However only on HDMI output. There were some no-longer needed kext patches in clover config.plist. So should remove them also if you are using my Gaming 3 EFI folder.

Which patches were you able to remove?

At the moment my rig doesn't have sound even with voodooHDA 2.8.8. I'm think maybe one of the applehda patches are conflicting?

Which patches were you able to remove?

At the moment my rig doesn't have sound even with voodooHDA 2.8.8. I'm think maybe one of the applehda patches are conflicting?

Yeah sorry. I am having not-related difficulty using os x itself. As ironically these same new intel drivers has also obsoleted the connection technology my ancient monitor (no D-SUB anymore). For which have tried many stupid video adaptors from ebay none of which either dont work properly, or at all in some cases. I really need to buy a brand new monitor to take full advantage of os x.

Anyway I just looked in clover configurator the page which list all the kext patches. And removed all 'Intel graphics' looking patches that did not have the words 'HDA' in them. As 'HDA' means audio kext. As that was not the intel video driver kext. HDA is its own kext for audio and should not matter to get the intel graphics working.

Really sorry savage001, but i did not make a proper notes and really cant remember which ones they were exactly. But it should be obvious to you once you look at them in Clover Configurator. If you broke your audio them maybe that means you removed an audio patch accidentally by mistake. Then roll back config and try again.

BTW your mobo has slightly different video ports on it than mine: a DP and an HDMI. And possibly even a DP over USB type-C too (if thunderBolt 3 is enabled). Wheras my cheaper mobo has a useless D-SUB (which dont work anymore), a DVI-D, and an HDMI.

I fixed it, and I uploaded a modified version. Plz response for me, if it works for you too.

Thx.

Ok! It all works now. What are the modifications since your last update (the one with the broken links)? Should I use the new uploaded file? I believe your code should be officially implemented in clover boot loader. Thanks again for your effort

Yeah sorry. I am having not-related difficulty using os x itself. As ironically these same new intel drivers has also obsoleted the connection technology my ancient monitor (no D-SUB anymore). For which have tried many stupid video adaptors from ebay none of which either dont work properly, or at all in some cases. I really need to buy a brand new monitor to take full advantage of os x.

Anyway I just looked in clover configurator the page which list all the kext patches. And removed all 'Intel graphics' looking patches that did not have the words 'HDA' in them. As 'HDA' means audio kext. As that was not the intel video driver kext. HDA is its own kext for audio and should not matter to get the intel graphics working.

Really sorry savage001, but i did not make a proper notes and really cant remember which ones they were exactly. But it should be obvious to you once you look at them in Clover Configurator. If you broke your audio them maybe that means you removed an audio patch accidentally by mistake. Then roll back config and try again.

BTW your mobo has slightly different video ports on it than mine: a DP and an HDMI. And possibly even a DP over USB type-C too (if thunderBolt 3 is enabled). Wheras my cheaper mobo has a useless D-SUB (which dont work anymore), a DVI-D, and an HDMI.

Yeah no worries. After playing with voodooHDA for a while sounds seems to be working again. Not sure how long for though lol.

Ok! It all works now. What are the modifications since your last update (the one with the broken links)? Should I use the new uploaded file? I believe your code should be officially implemented in clover boot loader. Thanks again for your effort

The SPD chip is not in all situations set to the page 0, so before the fist SPD data read, I set it to the page 0.

If a bit more people give me response, I will make a merge request to the clover repo.

Hi Majonez,

When I was using earlier versions of clover I had to add my Memory info to the config.plist, but now I'm using the 3424 version and before that 3389 and I didn't need to add the mem info, it detects all my memory details correctly.

Hi Majonez,

When I was using earlier versions of clover I had to add my Memory info to the config.plist, but now I'm using the 3424 version and before that 3389 and I didn't need to add the mem info, it detects all my memory details correctly.

Hi all,

I can confirm that with the last release of Clover (3438), the memory infos are recognised correctly, sleep/wake up and audio after sleep is working correctly, even with aHDA with the Clover option darkwake=0 and this patch , plus the installation in S/L/E  of the CodecCommander.kext .

The other thing of 3438 is that in my bios (F5) seems (!) that I don't have the multiple entries after each restart problem . Which is very positive!  :)

But, at least my rig does NOT shutdown properly YET!  :wallbash:  Any hint will be appreciated ... 

Hi Hackaro,

Thanks for the update.

Make sure you have correct data under EFI\Clover\ACPI

You can generate your own DSDT tables by pressing F4 key in clover's bootloader main menu.

1. Move all the contents under ACPI folder to another place just in case.

2. Restart your computer and when you see clover's bootloader press F4 and see how it goes.

Good luck!

Hi Hackaro,

Thanks for the update.

You can generate your own DSDT tables by pressing F4 key in clover's bootloader main menu.

2. Restart your computer and when you see clover's bootloader press F4 and see how it goes.

Good luck!

generated DSDT, dissassembled it, specific patches added for GIGABYTE shutdown fix, compiled with MaciASL. No good: nothing changed.  :cry:

Hi Hackaro,

Thanks for the update.

Good luck!

20/04/16 00:02:44,048 shutdown[275]: halt by _netbios: 

20/04/16 00:02:44,048 shutdown[275]: SHUTDOWN_TIME: 1461103364 47563
20/04/16 00:02:44,048 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system) System shutdown initiated by: shutdown.275<-sessionlogoutd.274<-launchd.1
20/04/16 00:51:10,000 kernel[0]: Previous shutdown cause: 5

what does it exactly mean?