El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

Cyberdevs

769 posts in this topic

@cyperdev just wanted to thank you for your advice with the wifi card, plopped it in and had to do absolutely nothing to get it running ;) And to make things even better, it automatically uses the wifi icon just like on my iMac.

You're welcome man this wifi card is one of the best devices in a hackintosh. Easy to use and gives you no headache for installing it :)

Guys stop using toledo's script on GA-Z170X it just doesn't work. VoodooHDA IS BETTER!!!!! and more stable

I got on the instructions of "cyberdevs" (re-patch Apple GraphicsDevice His Policy.kext under the Plugins folder inside AppleGraphicsControl.kext and change the default value of the default form graphic controller config2 to none)

changing to Clover_v2.3k_r3368.pkg

I am running three monitors

Grateful to all

PD:I see that mark 4GB of memory, when actually I have 16 GB

Gorki. Use clover configurator and under smbios>memory add your correct memory info and then save and re-start. Remember to provide correct details of your memory info as accurate as you can and leave no field empty.

Hmm. I retested the latest BIOS for Gaming 3 just yesterday (F6). It has not resolve the problem. (the Gaming 3 equiv. is its newest 'F6' bios).

What would be great is if others with the same Gaming 5 mobo here could please also try too (upgrading to latest BIOS, and re-test). Just to make sure we know either way. Many thanks.

hi there I will most definitely try the new BIOS as soon as I get back and let you know if it solved the problem with multiple UEFI entries

Hmm. I retested the latest BIOS for Gaming 3 just yesterday (F6). It has not resolve the problem. (the Gaming 3 equiv. is its newest 'F6' bios).

What would be great is if others with the same Gaming 5 mobo here could please also try too (upgrading to latest BIOS, and re-test). Just to make sure we know either way. Many thanks.

hi there I will most definitely try the new BIOS as soon as I get back and let you know if it solved the problem with multiple UEFI entries or not

You're welcome man this wifi card is one of the best devices in a hackintosh. Easy to use and gives you no headache for installing it :)

Guys stop using toledo's script on GA-Z170X it just doesn't work. VoodooHDA IS BETTER!!!!! and more stable

What I really like about it, is that the driver doesn't spew out 50000 lines in my log files (LITERALLY), nor does it make my boot up take 2 minutes extra! :) which my asus usb wifi dongle did, and its about the same price!

I have a few hours to look into VoodooHDA now which i didn't earlier so might have to give it a go :P I'll post my results.

I talk too soon:

HELP!!!! banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

AUDIO GET DISTORTED under iTunes after 3 minutes of playing ... after having upgraded to 11.4 !!!

tried re-applying Toleda patch --> nothing!

tried revert to 11.3 AppleHDA --> nothing!

tried removing CodecCommander --> nothing!

Audio is NOT distorted in youtube under Safari, though. Machine in signature ... GA Z170X Gaming 5, i7-6700K, Nvidia GFX 950  .

OMG dude, https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/files/?source=navbardownload the 2.8.8 package, run it and reboot. my sound works now, and not only that it now comes out of the green headphone socket like it should!

again thanks cyberdevs :)

What I really like about it, is that the driver doesn't spew out 50000 lines in my log files (LITERALLY), nor does it make my boot up take 2 minutes extra! :) which my asus usb wifi dongle did, and its about the same price!

I have a few hours to look into VoodooHDA now which i didn't earlier so might have to give it a go :P I'll post my results.

OMG dude, https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/files/?source=navbardownload the 2.8.8 package, run it and reboot. my sound works now, and not only that it now comes out of the green headphone socket like it should!

again thanks cyberdevs :)

Sure thing man :)

You are welcome.

Just remember if you stumble upon "athr unknown locale 21" in verbose mode or your system logs here is the fix for it. It doesn't matter wether you apply this patch or not. If you do so the benefit is stopping the logs being cluttered with the "unknown locale 21" error

For more info you can google it :)

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>Atheros Locale Fix</string>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

g/s3

</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AirPortAtheros40</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

g/sh

</data>

</dict>

Are you only having the issue with iTunes? mine gets distorted in VLC as well

EDIT: seems safari is ok as long as i don't use sound flower and audio midi setup to aggregate the sound (which i really need for OBS Studio).

yes, VLC too. 

I found a solution: downgrade Clover from 3368 to 3346 . It seems it depends on it !!! 

hi there I will most definitely try the new BIOS as soon as I get back and let you know if it solved the problem with multiple UEFI entries or not

F5 BIOS (not beta) does NOT resolve the issue of multiple entries ... sorry to tell you, guys! 

The Audio is fixed downgrading Clover to the previous stable version (3346) ... as I posted already. VooDooHDA is certainly a good way too. 

Cyberdevs? Any hints for the annoying problem of restart instead of shutdown? It's literally driving me crazy ...

Could it depend on the fact that I have NVMeGenericDriver.kext installed in Clover for my Samsung 950 Pro to boot?

Does anybody knows how I can log the shutdown process? 

yes, VLC too.

I found a solution: downgrade Clover from 3368 to 3346 . It seems it depends on it !!!

F5 BIOS (not beta) does NOT resolve the issue of multiple entries ... sorry to tell you, guys!

The Audio is fixed downgrading Clover to the previous stable version (3346) ... as I posted already. VooDooHDA is certainly a good way too.

Cyberdevs? Any hints for the annoying problem of restart instead of shutdown? It's literally driving me crazy ...

Could it depend on the fact that I have NVMeGenericDriver.kext installed in Clover for my Samsung 950 Pro to boot?

Does anybody knows how I can log the shutdown process?

Can you give me more details about your hardware? Specially your graphic adapter.

You can find all the logs by using console under applications>utilities simply search for shutdown and see the related logs.

It could be more helpful if you can send me your config.plist so I can take a look

Can you give me more details about your hardware? Specially your graphic adapter.

You can find all the logs by using console under applications>utilities simply search for shutdown and see the related logs.

It could be more helpful if you can send me your config.plist so I can take a look

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5619#kf

that's my graphic card ... the rest of the rig is the following:

MB: GA Z170X - Gaming 5

RAM: Crucial DDR4 64GB 2800MHz

CPU: i7-6700K

M2: NVMe Samsung Pro 950 512GB (boot)

SSD: Samsung Pro 850 1TB

Wi-Fi&BT: Broadcomm BT BCM94360CD

DVD: Optiarc BD RW BD-5300S

Input: Apple USB Keyboard & Magic Mouse

Monitor: Dell UP24Q

for my config.plist , here it is as attachment. 

config.plist.zip

I knew it already... but many thanks for confirming. Issue is NOT resolved yet.

So heres a new page I made about it, re-writted everything. It has been passed to Gigabyte representative,

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/47cff3f572199aeed41e

Wow that is a wonderfully detailed bug report, now if only we (programmer in the medical field) only got that type of bug reports i would be in heaven :) usually though its, this thing doesn't work, fix it! :)

I knew it already... but many thanks for confirming. Issue is NOT resolved yet.

So heres a new page I made about it, re-writted everything. It has been passed to Gigabyte representative,

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/47cff3f572199aeed41e

thanks for your github, Dreamcat4. I can say that thee problem is there even with an NVMe M.2 SSD as boot disk. 

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5619#kf

that's my graphic card ... the rest of the rig is the following:

MB: GA Z170X - Gaming 5

RAM: Crucial DDR4 64GB 2800MHz

CPU: i7-6700K

M2: NVMe Samsung Pro 950 512GB (boot)

SSD: Samsung Pro 850 1TB

Wi-Fi&BT: Broadcomm BT BCM94360CD

DVD: Optiarc BD RW BD-5300S

Input: Apple USB Keyboard & Magic Mouse

Monitor: Dell UP24Q

for my config.plist , here it is as attachment. 

Give the config.plist I posted in the first page a try but just remember to reconfigure it for your hardware I believe it's configured for nVidia graphics adapters, you might also need to edit your memory information under smbios. or just simply study my config plist and see the differences.

My first assumption is that you need to change some of the settings specially under Kernel and Kext Patches check AppleRTC and AsusAICPUPM and see how it works out.

if the problem is solved; // then it's ok

else;

if the problem is still there; // then let me know

dreamcat4,

If you could get the gigabyte guys to solve the problem with the current EFI problem, all the Hackintosh community will be in your debt! :)

Great job man!

• Like 1

I was able to update to 10.11.4. Afterwards I had to set nv_disable=1, install updated nvidia drivers and change my board ID in AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist to none (previously this was not necessary due to a patch that was posted on this thread a while back).

Has anyone tried a fresh install of 10.11.4?

I'm trying but unable to reach installer.

I have a 6700k, gaming 5, gtx 960, BIOS f5.

Have previously installed and had running perfectly 10.11.3

Exactly my problem. Though I do have an ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming board...

I had a perfectly running 10.11.3 and decided to fresh install 10.11.4 - can get to the installer, though no kernel panics...

Has anyone tried a fresh install of 10.11.4?

I'm trying but unable to reach installer.

I have a 6700k, gaming 5, gtx 960, BIOS f5.

Have previously installed and had running perfectly 10.11.3

Try chris1111's El Capitan USB Installer

• Like 1

Fresh install 10.11.4

Create install media for new 10.11.4 installer downloaded from app store.

Install clover bootloader to the USB for UEFI booting ( + optional ) which ever options you need for your system.

Replace clover folder with existing clover folder from 10.11.x ( I had to add OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi to boot already had OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi )

I booted with nv_disable=1 and without caches to get to the installer without this option i would get a KP and reboot

The rest follows as per usual with installing clover to SSD and replacing folder with what is on the USB, VoodooHDA 2.8.8-V3 and modifying AppleGraphicsControl.kext for graphics after installing WebDriver-346.03.06f0.

I am now running a fresh install of OSX 10.11.4.

Any other info just ask.

Intel Core i7-6700k ( Liquid cooled )

Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 ( Bios F5 dated 2016/03/10 )

Nvidia GTX 960 4Gb

8Gb DDR4 Ram

Kingston Hyper X Savage SSD ( OS )

WD 1Tb Spinner ( Storage )

• Like 1

Quick question should i use hwsensor or hwsensor3? it seems like its impossible to figure out what the diff is and which one would work best with my setup.

reason I'm looking into it, can't see gpu and cpu fan speeds under hwmonitor 6.19.1406 so i started tracking down the github project and things started escalating from there ;)

Check your FakeSMC.kext and see if it has the following sensors under the plugins folder:

ACPISensors.kext

CPUSensors.kext

GPUSensors.kext

LPCSensors.kext

Rehabman's version works fine.