anor4k

No graphics / USB / Audio after wake

586 posts in this topic

After upgrading to El Capitan (since PB1), I haven't managed to get sleep and wake working properly. It will go to sleep normally, but when I wake it up (using either the keyboard/mouse or the power button), and neither the display, usb or graphics will work. Ethernet works, since I can access my iTunes library using the Remote app on iOS.

Sleep/wake worked perfectly in Yosemite. I use a GA-Z77x-UP5 TH, i7 3770K, and an AMD 6850 on an OCZ SSD.

Can anyone help? I'll attach my config.plist and DSDT.

DSDT_CONFIG.zip

Advertisement

AMD graphics not wakes from sleep in ElCapitan. This is a task for research.

Yes, i have an HD6870 and i have same problem no signal monitor after wake from sleep... :surprised:

I have ASUS R9 270x and after wake from sleep i can't see on my screens, other stuff works.

I used diffrent settings in Clover but withour success.

Same boat here with a HD5750 ..... 

did any of u try to roll back to older ATI Version from Yosemite for example ?

What would be the first step to research this issue?

I tried to use SSH after waking up, and it works, but I didn't read anything relevant in system.log. If I run shutdown -r now it doesn't reboot and I have to force reset.

I'm using a Sapphire 6670 and the GM build.

I tried to use SSH after waking up, and it works, but I didn't read anything relevant in system.log. If I run shutdown -r now it doesn't reboot and I have to force reset.

I have a 6850. If I try to wake, I get no graphics, but USB appears to wake based on LED on the bottom of the mouse. Running:

pmset -g | grep Failure

returns

2015-09-21 19:19:33 -0400 Failure              Drivers Failure during wake due to PEG0(AppleHDAController):                          
2015-09-21 19:36:26 -0400 Failure              Drivers Failure during wake due to PEG0(AppleHDAController),HDEF(AppleHDAController),SAT0():           
2015-09-22 13:08:43 -0400 Failure              Drivers Failure during wake due to PEG0(AppleHDAController),HDEF(AppleHDAController),SAT0():           
2015-09-22 17:05:27 -0400 Failure              Drivers Failure during wake due to PEG0(AppleHDAController),HDEF(AppleHDAController),SAT0():

This leads me to believe that the problem is a driver conflict with HDMI audio, given that PEG0 is the PCI External Graphics and AppleHDAController is for audio.  SAT0() is my boot drive. HDEF is the audio device. I'm using the Bulrushes framebuffer and have not modified any kexts to get HDMI audio on the Radeon working.

I have this line in system.log after wake up. System working and system.log is saving, I just have black screen and force to shutdown before look into logs.

Sep 23 21:46:32 iMac kernel[0]: ATIFramebufferNI::setPowerState(0x7c2347df02f8a781, 0 -> 1) timed out after 45910 ms

see, there is a framebuffer problem.

I also got a report from real iMac12,2 with the same TURKS Radeon. There is no such problem and real Mac can wake with this card.

Interesting. Slice and I don't appear to have the same problem, at all. Slice--it looks like your driver is working, just fails to complete an operation. 

Edit: in my case I was able to fix the sleep issue by disabling ATI injection in clover and reverting to the default Radeon frame buffer. Sleep functions normally now. 

Interesting. Slice and I don't appear to have the same problem, at all. Slice--it looks like your driver is working, just fails to complete an operation. 

Edit: in my case I was able to fix the sleep issue by disabling ATI injection in clover and reverting to the default Radeon frame buffer. Sleep functions normally now. 

No, I tested all configuration to make the card working:

1. With injection

2. Without injection

3. With FakeID of real Mac

4. With or without GPUPM

5. With or without HDMI

No way to make wake up.

But if I delete AMD drivers I got screen with very lags but wake up working.

Old timer here. Seems El Capitan has disabled quite a few graphics cards.

After 49 hours of perilous straining to get the beast advance from Boot Screen to Installer, to completing install, I am currently stuck with  a black / Blank Screen after booting to desktop or if it is the Setup Wizard.

I had a very refined DSDT and a perfected Clover config. Now none of it seems to work.

I replaced the refined DSDT to a very basic DSDT extracted from booting into Windows and patching it using MaciASL.

It has added GFX (peg0), HDMi out & audio edits - injection. However, I do not use ALC onboard audio since I have a Creative X-Fi USB sound card with 5.1 speakers.

Now, can someone please shed light on why El Capitan hates nVidia 560Ti 1GB Direct CUII model...???

Following is all I have done or tried before reaching out for help:

1) Updated Clover. <- everything related to this is done and dealt with

2) Switched SMBIOS.plist from iMac13.2 to Macpro6,1 <- this actually got my Machine to boot without the dreaded ACPIPlatform Error. found from a different user's query.

Currently using iMac13,2 SMBIOS, as it supports 560Ti unlike MacPro SMBIOS whichhave that AGDP bug which results in black/blank screen post boot.

3) Tried different DSDTs <- self made / modified. but all with GFX DSDT injection since that is what I am following since day 1 of Hacckintosh.

4) Lastly, tried NVIDIA WEB Drivers latest version. NOTE: It is hell getting to install these even with the macmodel bypass. It didn't work for me. I had to manually extract using my backup Hackintosh box using Pacfist. and then, boot Installer -> use Terminal to manually copy them to SLE. rebuild cache using touch SLEx. Used nvda_drv=1.

Thus, I can freely switch between native drivers & Nvidia Web drivers.

Still Black Screen.  :hysterical::censored::wallbash:  Can someone "Please help", and post if got sucess on 560Ti....? :help: :help: :help:

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :ninja:

I have finally got El Capitan running. It is blazingly fast in everything... Even, the internet throughput speeds have imporved 10-fold!!!

It seems, as I found out after tons of research and about making 20 different USB INstallers of El Capitan:

A] Please Use a 16GB USB Pen Drive -> Plug it into a regular USB 2.0 port of your Laptop / Desktop only!

B] Stay away from installing a plain copy of Yosemite (10.10) - Solely for the purpose of Upgrade-Installing El Capitan (10.11).

This is what I had done, As my 8GB USB Pendrive was resulting in continuous failures. In retrospect: I had copied the El Capitan Installer app to another volume, andItreally boots directly from another volume without any problems.

However, Over-writing a Yosemite install is what lead to the blank screen repeatedly.

This is what bugs me, and I find it strange.

Lastly, for those who might wonder & question this post or findings -> I tried with & without the DSDT -> which some might say is badly compiled. Though, that DSDT has worked fine for me since about 4 months.

I am attaching a copy of the config.plist, which helped me to boot the installer without any errors with everything enabled except USB 3.0 controllers.

-Regards,

Freaky Chokra :ninja:

Same problem for me, sapphire 6870. Black screen after wake.

kernel[0]: ATIFramebufferNI::setPowerState(0x6c3f889d9a394709, 0 -> 2) timed out after 45518 ms

kernel[0]: ATIFramebufferNI::setPowerState(0x2270f5cb39747ffb, 0 -> 2) timed out after 45553 ms

Anyone an idea what the issue can be?

I checked numerous ideas and didn't find a solution.

In ElCapitan vs Maverics (Yosemite) two kexts became SMC-dependent: AppleBacklight and AppleMCCSControl.kext

It looks like AMD drivers more carefully checks sensors. (Light Sensors? Environment?)

Remember, this is hackintosh-only problem so we can't expect Apple will resolve it.

--> this is hackintosh-only problem so we can't expect Apple will resolve it

Really, sure? Perhaps someone with MacPro and a ATI/AMD card(swapped by themself) have same issue too...

Hmm...

Link?

I know iMac12,2 with Radeon HD6970m (Turks family as well as my HD6670) wake up in ElCapitan without issue.

checked the dev forums from apple it had very similar issues there 

GKs4mXR.png

This guy has NVIDIA.

Check, please!

Max108

Sep 17, 2015 8:09 AM(in response to GellieG)

@GellieG - I suggest you open System Preferences, then "Energy Saver" and un-tick the "Automatic graphics switching" option.

KenV54

Sep 17, 2015 8:59 AM(in response to Max108)

Max,

We (you, that is,) may have solved a major problem with El Capitan!