El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

Cyberdevs

769 posts in this topic

Hello!

Thank you very much  cyberdevs for your thread. It was very helpful for me (we have the same motherboard)

My custom Mac is almost finished. I only need to fix a problem with the "shut down"... The Custom Mac reboot instead turn off.  Any idea? And with the "Sleep Mode" the fans of the PC are working... I think is not good that.

This is my first Hackintosh. I have tried to find some info in Google about it and nothing.

The machine:

be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W Modular

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 ????

Procesador: i7 6700K 300 - 330

EVGA GTX 960 SC ACX 2.0 4 GB 04G-P4-2983-KR 

Crucial BLS2C16G4D240FSC 16 x 2 

Samsung 850 PRO 1 Tb(OS X)

Samsung 840 EVO 512 Gb (Windows 10)

HDD: WD Red 6Tb

HDD: WD Blue 6Tb (Backup)

Thank you again.

Greetings from Spain.

You're welcome :)

I'm glad you found this topic useful and welcome to my topic :)

Nice config by the way!

Use clover configurator to edit your config.plist:

In order to fix the shutdown problem you need to set the following flag in the config.plist

Under ACPI section, Find Fixes and check FixShutdown.

Good luck

You're welcome :)

I'm glad you found this topic useful and welcome to my topic :)

Nice config by the way!

Use clover configurator to edit your config.plist:

In order to fix the shutdown problem you need to set the following flag in the config.plist

Under ACPI section, Find Fixes and check FixShutdown.

Good luck

Thank you again for your help.

Next Friday when I be back at home I will try ;)

Bye!!

Anytime :)

Best of luck

Thank you again. Another problem that you solved :) Now the Shut Down works perfect.

My Hackintosh is almost perfect: Only left Sleep mode. Do you have any idea why it doesn't work?

Have a nice day!

Thank you again. Another problem that you solved :) Now the Shut Down works perfect.

My Hackintosh is almost perfect: Only left Sleep mode. Do you have any idea why it doesn't work?

Have a nice day!

I'm glad it solved your problem and you're welcome :)

Sleep must work with your Graphic Adapter, there are some known issues with AMD 6xxx and newer versions but as I see you have an EVGA GTX adapter. Try adding the "SlpSmiAtWake" flag and see if it solves your problem.

You can find it under ACPI section on your config.plist.

Let me know how it works out.

• Like 1

Great!! Now works perfect! Thank you again.

My Mackintosh is at 99% (waiting for the module of Wifi+Blutooth 4.0 for Airdrop)!!!!!!!

Your thread was really helpful.

Have a good weekend!

I'm glad it solved your problem and you're welcome :)

Sleep must work with your Graphic Adapter, there are some known issues with AMD 6xxx and newer versions but as I see you have an EVGA GTX adapter. Try adding the "SlpSmiAtWake" flag and see if it solves your problem.

You can find it under ACPI section on your config.plist.

Let me know how it works out.

Great!! Now works perfect! Thank you again.

My Mackintosh is at 99% (waiting for the module of Wifi+Blutooth 4.0 for Airdrop)!!!!!!!

Your thread was really helpful.

Have a good weekend!

Wonderful!

You are most welcome my friend :)

Cheers!

Hi there!

after a slow tuning I have to say that my rig is shutting down properly almost all the times (90% yes, 10% no).

But I still have some video constrains and ​I cannot use a multi display configuration:

• no matter what, if CSM is enable in BIOS, and I attach two monitors at Nvidia card I'll got black screen. I can still attach two of them if I already booted with my main display (warm attach). 
  • even if, since El Cap 11.4, HD530 is correctly configured (and I have hw graphic acceleration) when I enable it in BIOS but leave Nvidia as primary display card, I got black screen. Hence I cannot a multi display configuration even using my HD530 put a monitor attached to it.

do you have some experiences to share in this regard? 

thanks in advance for your help!  :)

Hi,

Welcome back :)

what is the model of your nVidia graphic adapter?

see this post it might help you out.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309729-gigabyte-z170x-gaming-7-success-hackintosh/?p=2208643

I read the post, but it's not the problem of black screen at boot, for that I have a proper patch in clover. The problem is in multi monitor configurations, both attached to Nvidia card, or one to Nvidia and the other one at HD530. 

my card is this one: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5619#kf

Well since I use a dual display rig with AMD graphic adapter and I don't use the Intel HD Graphics and with some tweaks in config.plist I got them both working even when I shutdown the computer (no warm attach).

But the tricky part is I have to connect one of my displays to HDMI and the other one is connected to DVI, I tried some other arrangements and it didn't work at all!

Send me a copy of your config.plist so I can take a look

Well since I use a dual display rig with AMD graphic adapter and I don't use the Intel HD Graphics and with some tweaks in config.plist I got them both working even when I shutdown the computer (no warm attach).

But the tricky part is I have to connect one of my displays to HDMI and the other one is connected to DVI, I tried some other arrangements and it didn't work at all!

Send me a copy of your config.plist so I can take a look

OK! THANK!  :)

config_backup_OK copy.plist.zip

I guess you need to add the following flags under Graphics:

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>DualLink</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>NvidiaGeneric</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaSingle</key>
<true/>
<key>VideoPorts</key>
<integer>4</integer>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x19120000</string>
</dict>

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>DualLink</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>NvidiaGeneric</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaSingle</key>
<true/>
<key>VideoPorts</key>
<integer>4</integer>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x19120000</string>
</dict>

just added those lines but basically it doesn't improve the situation that much: 

• if I put in BIOS:
    • - Primary display: GFX1 (my Nvidia card)
    • - Internal GPU: Enabled

I got black screen after boot. Even with only 1 monitor.

• if I put in BIOS:
    • - Primary display: GFX1 (my Nvidia card)
    • - Internal GPU: Auto

I got to the login screen properly and I can use a second monitor attached to Nvidia card. There is no signal of life from Intel HD530, neither in System report nor if I attach a monitor to it. 

With two monitors though the system show a more prominent tendency not to shutdown properly and to restart instead. 

Do you know whether our motherboard is one of those that need 64bit driver for support of NVRAM variables needed by MacOSX?

do you have this driver installed? 

I don't have this driver installed.

These are the drivers that are installed in my system in drivers64UEFI:

FSInject-64.efi

HFSPlus.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

I don't have this driver installed.

These are the drivers that are installed in my system in drivers64UEFI:

FSInject-64.efi

HFSPlus.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

If you go here, you will see that this particular motherboard does not pass the Nvram test. At least not mine! Therefore I've installed the Clover NVRAM emulation driver, and things has been stabilised for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again!!

Finally got my Wifi+BT card (is from a iMac) and it works perfect except AirDrop.

Do you have any idea how can I get working?

Thank you again.

Hi,

In my experience when AirDrop doesn't work when you try to send files to another computer it's either because of an old WiFi card which you need to click on AirDrop and select look for older Macs or you need to open AirDrop on both computers which you are trying to share files with and you need to make sure file sharing is available for everyone Or just add the Contact card in the address book in case you only want to gave permission to specific people you want to share files with.

Hi,

In my experience when AirDrop doesn't work when you try to send files to another computer it's either because of an old WiFi card which you need to click on AirDrop and select look for older Macs or you need to open AirDrop on both computers which you are trying to share files with and you need to make sure file sharing is available for everyone Or just add the Contact card in the address book in case you only want to gave permission to specific people you want to share files with.

Thank you.

Sadly I couldnt make it work. But I think is something related with my ID (my Mac mini Airdrop doesn't work)

Have a good day!

• 3 weeks later...

You can find my GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 Working Solution : Here

- Usb 2.0 and 3.0 and All ports mapped ( Expect 2 internal USB3 ports )

- Internal  + External SATA working. (Intel + ASMEDIA ASM1061 on PCI-E )

- HDMI Audio Working.

- Internal Audio Working.

- Lan Network ( Killer 2200 ) Working.

- Sleep/Wake... Working.

- Cpu SSDT Patch for i7 6700k

- Ram OK

- CPU/GPU ACPI monitoring ok

- Wifi and BT Working oob (  BCM94360CD with PCI-E adapter)

-  A Nvidia GTX 970 (Strix) working with WebDrivers.

- I did not test the Intel Gigabyte LAN

- I did not test the Integrated GPU (Intel 530)

- I tested 3.1 ports ( Type A and C ):  not working ( It uses PCI-E lines )

I'm using the beta BIOS F5c : which activate Thunderbolt 3. You unlock MSR,  disable IOAPIC 24-119 entry with this version VS F4    

Here it is

Thanks : to Pike R Alpha, Andres ZeroCross, Majonéz, RehabMan, Todeleda, Toleda, ammulder,....ad many others.

Hi,

I am attempting to get my GA-Z170MX-Gaming5 up and running.

In addition to the above MB (BIOS version F5e) - it has: Core i7-6700K, EVGA GTX 950,  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB and 2 Seagate ST3000DM001 drives

I am assuming I can't simply copy the contents of your clover config over mine - that I will need to edit mine based on yours - via Clover Configurator?

I *do* have the NVidia Web Drivers installed, and I have voodoohda installed for sound - not that I have it configured to use it yet though.

*Gah* I can't figure out how to reply to two different posts w/out my 2nd reply attempt combining both replies!

I am attempting to reply to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/?p=2218441

Each time I quoted it - I then attempted to reply and it merged the reply with my previous post.

Anyhow - my reply/question for the above post:

Savage001 originally said: For me to fix the black screen with web drivers i had to edit a kext. Copy it from system -> library -> extensions -> AppleGraphicsControl.kext to the desktop then right click it then show package contents, open contents folder then plugins folder then right click AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to show contents, open contents folder then right click on info.plist and open with "other" and choose textedit, scroll down to<key>ConfigMap</key> and find your "mac" key and change the <string> to none like this

Before

<key>Mac-42FD25EABCABB274</key>

<string>Config2</string>

After

<string>none</string>

Reinstall kext with Kext Utility then reboot with nvda_drv=1

Give that a try 

(sorry for butchering the quoting mechanism)

And my response/query:

Hi,

when I have attempted to switch to the NVidia Web Drivers - my monitor simply goes to sleep - so I am *assuming* that this is the "Black Screen" being referred to here and in later posts after your reply.

I followed your instructions and unfortunately, in my 'ConfigMap' section, I have a TON of entries which are similar to the ones you suggest modifying, and a bunch that already have a value of "none'

I am 99% sure I opened up the correct file with the editor, but I'm pretty puzzled why I have so many entries.  Could it be the result of my many unsuccessful attempts to get things configured?

Here is the relevant section from my info.plist:

<key>ConfigMap</key>
<dict>
<key>Mac-00BE6ED71E35EB86</key>
<string>none</string>
<key>Mac-031B6874CF7F642A</key>
<string>none</string>
<key>Mac-189A3D4F975D5FFC</key>
<string>none</string>
<key>Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61</key>
<string>none</string>
<key>Mac-35C1E88140C3E6CF</key>
<string>none</string>
<string>Config2</string>
<key>Mac-4B7AC7E43945597E</key>
<string>none</string>
<key>Mac-65CE76090165799A</key>
<string>Config2</string>
<key>Mac-77EB7D7DAF985301</key>
<string>none</string>
<key>Mac-7DF21CB3ED6977E5</key>
<string>none</string>
<key>Mac-81E3E92DD6088272</key>
<string>none</string>
<key>Mac-B809C3757DA9BB8D</key>
<string>Config2</string>
<key>Mac-C3EC7CD22292981F</key>
<string>none</string>
<key>Mac-C9CF552659EA9913</key>
<string>none</string>
<key>Mac-DB15BD556843C820</key>
<string>Config2</string>
<key>Mac-F221BEC8</key>
<string>none</string>
<key>Mac-F221DCC8</key>
<string>none</string>
<key>Mac-F42C88C8</key>
<string>none</string>
<key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>
<string>Config1</string>
<key>Mac-FA842E06C61E91C5</key>
<string>Config2</string>
<key>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</key>
<string>none</string>
</dict>

I was hoping there would be ONE entry 'Mac-...' which I'd then modify - not a bunch...

Suggestions?

*GAH*

Am I only allowed one reply?  The forum keeps mashing my replies together :-(

Edited by Allan
Code tag added

Hi,

I am attempting to get my GA-Z170MX-Gaming5 up and running.

In addition to the above MB (BIOS version F5e) - it has: Core i7-6700K, EVGA GTX 950,  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB and 2 Seagate ST3000DM001 drives

I am assuming I can't simply copy the contents of your clover config over mine - that I will need to edit mine based on yours - via Clover Configurator?

I *do* have the NVidia Web Drivers installed, and I have voodoohda installed for sound - not that I have it configured to use it yet though.

*Gah* I can't figure out how to reply to two different posts w/out my 2nd reply attempt combining both replies!

I am attempting to reply to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/?p=2218441

Each time I quoted it - I then attempted to reply and it merged the reply with my previous post.

Anyhow - my reply/question for the above post:

(sorry for butchering the quoting mechanism)

And my response/query:

Hi,

when I have attempted to switch to the NVidia Web Drivers - my monitor simply goes to sleep - so I am *assuming* that this is the "Black Screen" being referred to here and in later posts after your reply.

I followed your instructions and unfortunately, in my 'ConfigMap' section, I have a TON of entries which are similar to the ones you suggest modifying, and a bunch that already have a value of "none'

I am 99% sure I opened up the correct file with the editor, but I'm pretty puzzled why I have so many entries.  Could it be the result of my many unsuccessful attempts to get things configured?

Here is the relevant section from my info.plist:

<key>ConfigMap</key>

<dict>

<key>Mac-00BE6ED71E35EB86</key>

<string>none</string>

<key>Mac-031B6874CF7F642A</key>

<string>none</string>

<key>Mac-189A3D4F975D5FFC</key>

<string>none</string>

<key>Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61</key>

<string>none</string>

<key>Mac-35C1E88140C3E6CF</key>

<string>none</string>

<string>Config2</string>

<key>Mac-4B7AC7E43945597E</key>

<string>none</string>

<key>Mac-65CE76090165799A</key>

<string>Config2</string>

<key>Mac-77EB7D7DAF985301</key>

<string>none</string>

<key>Mac-7DF21CB3ED6977E5</key>

<string>none</string>

<key>Mac-81E3E92DD6088272</key>

<string>none</string>

<key>Mac-B809C3757DA9BB8D</key>

<string>Config2</string>

<key>Mac-C3EC7CD22292981F</key>

<string>none</string>

<key>Mac-C9CF552659EA9913</key>

<string>none</string>

<key>Mac-DB15BD556843C820</key>

<string>Config2</string>

<key>Mac-F221BEC8</key>

<string>none</string>

<key>Mac-F221DCC8</key>

<string>none</string>

<key>Mac-F42C88C8</key>

<string>none</string>

<key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>

<string>Config1</string>

<key>Mac-FA842E06C61E91C5</key>

<string>Config2</string>

<key>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</key>

<string>none</string>

</dict>

I was hoping there would be ONE entry 'Mac-...' which I'd then modify - not a bunch...

Suggestions?

*GAH*

Am I only allowed one reply?  The forum keeps mashing my replies together :-(

Hi an welcome,

In order to get the nVidia drivers to work you need to set the following flag in you config.plist

nvda_drv=1 true and you need to follow what savage001 said and change the config2 to config none as instructed.