[Guide] El Capitan 10.11.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) 755 (790) (990)

morpheousman

1,158 posts in this topic

Oh i see, well that won't work for me because i have the SFF of the 780.  Also, i noticed my shutdown down doesn't work as it should.  I messed around with it for quite some time yesterday and it's always a hit or miss.  I disabled haltenabler on config.plist and it shut down, and upon the second time after reboot it's still not shutting down. What can i do?

Hey Guys!

I have been busy with a new job the past few weeks, and have not had time to hang out. :(

I should have some more time in a couple of weeks.

I just started setting up a new project tonight. Upgrading To an Optiplex 790 SFF, with an i7-2600, and a 250GB SSDB)

rrpcna.png

Just got El Capitan Installed.   :thumbsup_anim:

Maybe when I get some time to hang out, MacPeet might help me with sound over HDMI, and you guys can help me work any of the bugs out. Polyzargon, this one has 10 USB ports, 4 in the front and 6 in the back, and so far, it looks like they are all working. :)

• Like 1

Ever tried EvoReboot.kext ? it's an old one but who knows… It may works (when installed in S/L/E) :unsure:

That kext made my installation unable to boot after i installed it in S/L/E. Had to do a fresh install again. Shut down issue still persists.  I'm in the process of making another USB installer now and try once more.  I don't know where i went wrong because I followed the guide to the LETTER..

That kext made my installation unable to boot after i installed it in S/L/E. Had to do a fresh install again. Shut down issue still persists.  I'm in the process of making another USB installer now and try once more.  I don't know where i went wrong because I followed the guide to the LETTER..

Shut Down issue  

Did you select the Clover  RC script to the select Volumes 

Yes, i did that Chris. I think i fixed that problem last night as i installed on 3 Optiplexes 780, 2 SFF and one MT. What does the RC script do if i may ask?

Wiki Clover RC Script

Install RC scripts on target volume -

These are the scripts rc.local and rc.shutdown.local that are executed while starting and while exiting OS X.

They play a necessary role in the concept of Clover. 

AppleHPET and AppleLPC are both loaded.  I started this install with the Clover_790 folder posted by Pepto, he had VoodooHda.kext in Clover Kexts 10.11. I took out VoodooHDA, and rebooted, and HDMI audio was working, but no AppleHDA, no line out or speaker. I installed HdaEnabler1.kext, rebooted, and had nothing in sound pane. Took HDEnabler1.kext out, rebooted, and now still nothing in Sound Preference Pain?

What is your LayoutID with ALC269?  

How do I get that?

You need a patch for AppleHDA to work. There's no AppleHDA.kext that works OOB on Hackintoshes AFAIK.

Have you tried that (have a look at the ALC269 ReadMe.txt) ?

Needless to say it's strongly advised to backup vanilla AppleHDA before trying anything ;).

[EDIT]

I just had a look at the patched AppleHDA.kext supplied in the link and I think you should copy /Contents/Info.plist, /Contents/Ressources/Layout1.xml.zlib, /Contents/Ressources/Layout28.xml.zlib and /Contents/Ressources/Platforms.xml.zlib to your desktop and drag & drop those files in AppleHDA Patcher 1.2 to have a clean set of files to enable ALC269.

Just follow the instructions in AppleHDA Patcher ;).

codec_dump with linux live (ubuntu) with Terminal:

cd ~/Desktop && mkdir CodecDump && for c in /proc/asound/card*/codec#*; do f="${c/\/*card/card}"; cat "$c" > CodecDump/${f//\//-}.txt; done && zip -r CodecDump.zip CodecDump
  • Like 1

I had everything working perfectly including adding a usb 3.0 card to my 755 optiplex on 10.11.4 now I am getting the black screen after boot where sound can be heard but no login screen. I am using a GTX 750 Ti graphics card with latest web drivers. nv_disable=1 does the same thing with black screen.

I had everything working perfectly including adding a usb 3.0 card to my 755 optiplex on 10.11.4 now I am getting the black screen after boot where sound can be heard but no login screen. I am using a GTX 750 Ti graphics card with latest web drivers. nv_disable=1 does the same thing with black screen.

Which installer did you use to install on 755?  I've tried to get the same installer for this thread to install on my 755 but it just reboots. Any special kexts you used?

@polyzargone I changed the smbios to MacPro 3,1 and the graphics card driver boots up just fine but since the usb patch is for iMac 10,1 I cant use my usb 2.0 ports and the bluetooth on my BCM93460CD wifi+bt card due to the 755 having a 2.0 header but I managed to get a 3.0 pci card and make it work in El Capitan so I can use usb devices no problem. It seems that the iMac 10,1 smbios stopped working with the new web drivers 346.03.06f01 possibly. I attached the NVDAStartup and NVDAStartupWeb kexts just in case you need both.

Update: I changed the smbios to MacPro 3,1 and edited the USB_Injector.kext by replacing every model instance of iMac 10,1 in the Info.plist with MacPro 3,1 now I am up and running again! Can't believe I didn't think of doing that sooner it was such a simple fix.

NVDAStartup.kext.zip

NVDAStartupWeb.kext.zip

@rob88v

Try the attached USB_Injector.kext. It has been edited to work with MacPro3,1 SMBios though I'm not sure it will fit USB port mapping of an Optiplex 755. But you can give it a try.

You could also try to use an iMac14,2 SMBios but I'm really not sure it would be a great idea since Power Management and CPU Architecture is definitely not the same as for C2Duo and 775 socket's.

Anyhow, you'll have to edit the USB_Injector.kext/Contents/info.plist the same way I did for MacPro3,1 SMBios.

Remember that using Clover Configurator, you have to add these DSDT patches (Not Kernel and Kexts Patches !) for the USB_Injector.kext to work :

Comment : EHC1 to EH01

Find : 45484331

Replace : 45483031

Comment : EHC2 to EH02

Find : 45484332

Replace : 45483032

Or

Edit the config.plist with a Text Editor :

<key>Name</key>
			<string>DSDT.aml</string>
			<key>Patches</key>
			<array>