[Guide] El Capitan 10.11.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) 755 (790) (990)

morpheousman

1,158 posts in this topic

@Polyzargone, Extracted the raw DSDT, why are there over 20 other files in that folder?

What do you mean, not sure if it matters at this point. We are just starting to whip this 790into shape, I mean, what am I paying you guys for?  :hysterical:

Thanks.

The other files are part of the ACPI tables extracted directly from Bios. The only ones that concern us are the DSDT.aml and most unlikely SSDTxx.aml.

Don't make me wrong, I'm not trying to build a whole new and fully functional DSDT for 790 Series, I just wanna have a look at it and possibly try some edits. I may eventually propose something but don't expect that to happen any soon if ever :hysterical:.

Actually, I'll need the whole origin folder please :).

What the heck, went back to Version 4, and now still no HDMI in pain???   Why, the only think I have been changing is applehda.kext. I have changed nothings else. Did a reboot F4 to get raw dsdt for Polyzargone, thats all. I have not installed any other kexts, have not changed dsdt, or clover config. What happened to HDMI output?   :(

Version 4 look the same.

2zewnk8.png

HDMI Output gone with Version 4 now, and very 5?

2vb7dxd.png

take good DSDT again

I am not sure what you are asking.

I just reloaded your layout ID 28 DSDT to be sure. 

Okay,   :happymac:  I installed HDAEnabler28.kext, and HDMI Out is back. (maybe I had enabler installed before when it first worked,I cannot remember).

mcubg8.png

hey guys, I have the following problem. I installed el capitan on a Dell Optiplex 790 and followed the tutorial in this thread and paste the 790_Clover content in the efi partition and so on. But my Problem is now that OSX 10.11.4 can't detect my Graphics card. My Graphics Card is this one: Zotac Geforce GT640 2G DDR3 (GK107-300-A2) and I have a i5-2400 cpu in my optiplex. I tried almost everything with nvidia inject in clover other kext files other DSDT.aml files but it is impossible for the OS to detect that video card. Under Graphics in System information stands: VRAM (3Mb), Vendor: ATI(0x1002).

Maybe the reason for my Problem is that the DSDT.aml in the 790_Clover folder isn't able to detect nvidia graphic cards.

It would be very nice if someone could change the DSDT from the 790_Clover that would also work for nvidia cards or especially for mine if it would be possible.

Best Regars

Rune

(I also uploaded the DSDT.aml from the folder if needed)

DSDT.aml.zip

AppleHDA Sound For Optiplex 790 SFF, Courtesy of MacPeet. :)

Thank you my friend!  :thumbsup_anim:   :yes:  :P

ipz4es.png

Are you the magician of the Sound enabler? 

A question dedicated to MacPeet why on my Nvidia GT 610 i see 2 HDMI output? (I have an edited DSDT and ALSO FIX HDMI enabled on clover. And a Voodoo kext on S/L/E. Why not indicate just one HDMI? 

@Dark_Rune

Try this one. Remove any modified kext/enabler etc. and set Inject NVIDIA = true in config.plist.

Polyzargone=The MASTER of DSDT and MacPeet the master of sound!. 

Can you upload a video tutorial or a guide how to edit dsdt? It would be very nice. 

A question dedicated to MacPeet why on my Nvidia GT 610 i see 2 HDMI output? (I have an edited DSDT and ALSO FIX HDMI enabled on clover. And a Voodoo kext on S/L/E. Why not indicate just one HDMI?

Because you're using VooodooHDA :P. If you own the 760, you don't need that and you have everything you need in Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover-v3.zip or v4.

Just follow the instructions in Kext/Sound/Clover_AppleHDA and remove both VoodooHDA.kext & AppleHDADisabler.kext !

Polyzargone=The MASTER of DSDT and MacPeet the master of sound!. 

Can you upload a video tutorial or a guide how to edit dsdt? It would be very nice.

Untrue :P. I know some ways to edit DSDT but I'm definitely not a Master !

Sadly, there's no guide that explains the whole thing and you'll have to read a lot and make a lot of mistakes before you barely understand how things works. Reading those links might be a good start :

Basic guide for patching

RampageDev

Olarila.com

And most important, Patches repositories to be used with MaciASL > Preferences > Sources (the following urls can't be used "as it") :

• Toleda :

- General audio

- HDMI series 9

- HDMI series 8

• PJAlm :

- Generic patches

- Gigabyte mobo

- Asus mobo

- ASRock mobo

- MSI mobo

- GFX patches

- Intel6 (replace 6 by 7/8/9 for other Intel chipset series).

• Like 1

Frankly writing i use my own modified kext for my Nvidia Gt 210. No Voodoo at all believe it or not. But although i have perfect  native HDMI sound from my GT 210 in system settings > sounds i see 4 HDMIs selections !!!!  :hysterical: The second HDMI selection works like a charm. The others are dead. 

I have also another hackintosh Dell precision 490 . It has a Nvidia GT 620 (never buy this GPU) with my own patched kext. Again i have more than one HDMI on System settings>sounds . And guess what? I have two HDMIs to select. But only the second selection works like a charm. The first is dead.

I am not a master. I just try to make things work. But the HDMIs are after me  :hysterical:

But i don't care cause i have pure HDMI sound. But i hate for aesthetic reasons to see 4 "possible" HDMI selections on my 760 and 2 "possible" HDMI selections on my precision 490. If only i could fix it..... I hate to see so many HDMIs "possible" selections on system settings  :drool:

P.S. Thanks for the dsdt links. But from my experience the Dsdt although it is important it is not a must for a hackintosh, but i want to learn how to edit it. I will try with the repos 'cause i am noobie. 

P.S. @polyzargone Man you are a crazy hackintosher. Me too. I have the money to buy more genuine macs (than already have) but i like cracking and hacking like crazy. It is my new hobby 

Frankly writing i use my own modified kext for my Nvidia Gt 210. No Voodoo at all believe it or not.

Own modified kext ? What kext, VoodooHDA or AppleHDA ?

Again, if you want to get rid of those un-asthetic HDMI outputs, just use the patched AppleHDA way with on-the-fly Clover injection.

It's not that hard (definitely not harder than playing with DSDT :hysterical:) and you'll have better sound experience IMO.

P.S. @polyzargone Man you are a crazy hackintosher. Me too. I have the money to buy more genuine macs (than already have) but i like cracking and hacking like crazy. It is my new hobby

Well, initially I'm a Mac user but like you, I prefer hacking and cracking the lost souls that these crappy PC are :).

Own modified kext ? What kext, VoodooHDA or AppleHDA ?

Again, if you want to get rid of those un-asthetic HDMI outputs, just use the patched AppleHDA way with on-the-fly Clover injection.

It's not that hard (definitely not harder than playing with DSDT :hysterical:) and you'll have better sound experience IMO.

Man i really don't know how to use the tricky {censored} called clover. I have read the wiki but man it is very tricky app. When you say on the fly clover injection , do you mean hex patches on config.plst? Or just to tick a particular check box? (I use modified AppleHDA)

"Crappy PC" You are just epic! I am laughing like crazy... Do you mean that because the PCs run on WINDOWS xxx are crappy? You are a cruel man, very cruel :hysterical:  :hysterical:  

Ever heard of Clover Configurator ? It's in the Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover-v3/Utilities ;). Nobody said you have to know everything on Clover ;).

Just open your config.plist with it ! And BTW, there's a fully configured config.plist in the same folder as Clover_AppleHDA so you have no excuse :whistle: !

You may have to add your own parameters such as Default Volume, Custom Entries in GUI, Inject NVIDIA, SMBios custom SN, Board Serial SN and SmUUID but all in all, that's it.

You are a cruel man, very cruel :hysterical:  :hysterical:  

Yeah, I am :dev:  !

Well, let's say they deserve the best. That's why they need us to give them OS X :lol: !

Cruel man Polyzargon  :dev: yes i know configurator app but configurator is just one thing. The other thing is the knowledge about clover and acpi and cpus states etc. and how clover can manage all those things.

Also although i found the config.plst in the optiplex v.3 folder i had to make patches to the kernel because Nvidia GT 210 could not give me HDMI sound. Also i patched nvidia kernel. 

So after the heavy tuning to make thinks work now i found myself with four  HDMIs  :shock: . But i can stand it. Because i have Hi-Fi sound from my GT 210. 

Off topic: GT 210 works like a charm with nvidia drivers for 10.11.4 . GtT610 wants OSX drivers believe it or not to work. Also GT 610 wants some patches to send picture on HDMI connection. So everybody mast go away from GT 610.