No graphics / USB / Audio after wake

anor4k

586 posts in this topic

Anyone tried on macos sierra? 

I got MSI R9 380 4 gb, working OOB in Yosemite set as primary GPU. 10.12 causes me same problems as 10.11. System finish loading and freeze in moment when it should show desktop (Clover r3561). 

Enabling iGPU in bios did not helped (sleep is now somehow connected to Intel iGPUs, right?). Setting iGPU as primary caused major problem with Clover, it just showed blinking cursor at start-up and would not initialize GUI (UEFI 64 bit SATA mode). After changing AptioFixDrv-64 to AptioFix2Drv-64 I could reach Clover GUI, but when I tried to load 10.12, it refused to show any image on both iGPU and dedicated GPU even during system start-up. I searched this thread and couple similar threads on other forums, there seem to be no solution.

EDIT: fix typos

And you, did you try reading the recent posts?

Nop, waiting you to write me a report as always.

I'm got MSI R9 380 4 gb, working OOB in Yosemite set as primary GPU. 10.12 causes me same problems as 10.11. System finish loading and freeze in moment when it should show desktop (Clover r3561). 

Enabling iGPU in bios did not helped (sleep is now somehow connected to Intel iGPUs, right?). Setting iGPU as primary caused major problem with Clover, it just showed blinking cursor at start-up and would not initialize GUI (UEFI 64 bit SATA mode). After changing AptioFixDrv-64 to AptioFix2Drv-64 I could reach Clover GUI, but when I tried to load 10.12, it refused to show any image on both iGPU and dedicated GPU even during system start-up. I searched this thread and couple similar threads on other forums, there seem to be no solution.

EDIT: fix typos

If you dont care about games just sell your amd card and buy a supported nvidia. I did the same think when el capitan released. Screw you apple, im going to nvidia :D

I just installed Capitan and sleep no longer works on my machine. Like most, the machine wakes, but the screen is blank.

Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH

Graphics Card: XFX Radeon 270X

Note: the suggestion on the previous page, posted by Slice, did not work for me. I updated Clover to Legacy, changed the BIOS settings and I was actually able to reboot and get Sleep to work. However, when I rebooted a 2nd time and just got a blank screen with a cursor and I was not able to boot again in Legacy only. I could only boot in UEFI and could not get sleep to work that way.

I just installed Capitan and sleep no longer works on my machine. Like most, the machine wakes, but the screen is blank.

Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH

Graphics Card: XFX Radeon 270X

Note: the suggestion on the previous page, posted by Slice, did not work for me. I updated Clover to Legacy, changed the BIOS settings and I was actually able to reboot and get Sleep to work. However, when I rebooted a 2nd time and just got a blank screen with a cursor and I was not able to boot again in Legacy only. I could only boot in UEFI and could not get sleep to work that way.

No matter Clover is legacy or UEFI.

Sleep/Wake works if

1. Intel integrated graphics set in BIOS as primary.

2. Set 32Mb for its memory (I am not sure it is common, but for me this is only way).

3. CSM set to Always.

Caveats: Boot process shown on additional monitor connected to Intel output, and only desktop will be shown on Radeon output. I live with this.

Hello Slice. These settings alone do not make any difference on my machine.

I wonder if your settings may require two monitors (I have one)? On the last page you mention setting Graphics/Inject to ATI=True. When I do this, the screen goes blank after the Apple symbol and does not come back by logging in blind. I was able to get back into the system by rebooting with the display connected to the board, but the card connection does not output video. I notice that the board port, does not work unless connected at boot, which makes me wonder if the card port, is not working, because a 2nd monitor is not plugged in during boot.

My original setting, with the BIOS settings you described and ATI=False, has video out of the card, but the same sleep problem.

No matter Clover is legacy or UEFI.

Sleep/Wake works if

1. Intel integrated graphics set in BIOS as primary.

2. Set 32Mb for its memory (I am not sure it is common, but for me this is only way).

3. CSM set to Always.

Caveats: Boot process shown on additional monitor connected to Intel output, and only desktop will be shown on Radeon output. I live with this.

Hi all!

Now my HD5670 wakes from sleep. I just click on the mouse button or key and wait few seconds and click a little more and my video wakes with my two monitors. I guess it works to all other video cards, i hope.

Hi all!

Now my HD5670 wakes from sleep. I just click on the mouse button or key and wait few seconds and click a little more and my video wakes with my two monitors. I guess it works to all other video cards, i hope.

This is no news, because HD5xxx Series is known to still work with sleep, which you would know, had you read the thread a little more than the last page.

• Like 3

On Yosemite with 7670m in boot log i have [AGPM Controller] unknown platform, maybe we need to fix AGPM (Add Vendor****Device**** instead of IGPU, GFX*, etc) and maybe then power management will be okay, and our card will wake up from sleep? 

P.S. I'm one of who doesnt have integrated graphics, so i cant use Int+disc graphics to wake up

On Yosemite with 7670m in boot log i have [AGPM Controller] unknown platform, maybe we need to fix AGPM (Add Vendor****Device**** instead of IGPU, GFX*, etc) and maybe then power management will be okay, and our card will wake up from sleep? 

P.S. I'm one of who doesnt have integrated graphics, so i cant use Int+disc graphics to wake up

It's not an AGPM issue... 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanx for clarify. Wake as every body here around said:

My Test System at home 

7350 (HP OEM) ~ 5450 Wake up from sleep

6570 do not, what ever i tried. (But there are no complete,perfect frame buffer around: 6570 = Turks Pro Ipomoea, fits best = Dual Screen 1920x1080 + 1600x1200 or Pithecia = Single Screen - DVI-D 2540x1440)

GTX 780 ti (webdriver) works.

As I remember: I hacked the AMD6000 for 6970 + IGPU to get it run in the past 10.9.....Not new for me. Apple won't have hackintosh. Clear the drivers up mean: only recognize the hardware that we ship....

is 10.10.5 (last one as i remember from yosemite) wake up or till 10.10xxx it does not?

Because for try out it's enough for me....this time.

Side node: I got real macs, but I need to know how to repair...that's why got mackintosh around ...

while I'm at home tested Radeon 6570 and answer my self.

With an old known trick I Injection ports  looks like

"@0,name", 

Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "ATY,Turks"
                                }, 

"@1,name", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "ATY,Turks"
                                }, 

"@2,name", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "ATY,Turks"
                                }, 

what doesn't make sense, (There is no framebufffer Turks), but OS X figure out what's best:

10.11.6 and 10.10.5 looks in iorg:
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002c8, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (613 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002c9, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002ca, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | +-o AMDTurksGraphicsAccelerator  <class AMDTurksGraphicsAccelerator, id 0x1000002c4, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 36>

10.10.5 - Hotplug works and resolution switch are ok (Wrong display size but resolutions are ok 1920x1080 + 2540x1440 dual display and sleep. But wait a minute. Sleep only awake with press on the case (USB not complete fixed - I know DSTD.aml not that perfect here...)

10.11.6 - Hotplug works but dual screen on 1920x1080 + 1600x1200 - same as after fix Ipomoea. After Sleep no display...but usb from keyboard works..funny.

10.10.5 - Hotplug works and resolution switch are ok (Wrong display size but resolutions are ok 1920x1080 + 2540x1440 dual display and sleep. But wait a minute. Sleep only awake with press on the case (USB not complete fixed - I know DSTD.aml not that perfect here...)

10.11.6 - Hotplug works but dual screen on 1920x1080 + 1600x1200 - same as after fix Ipomoea. After Sleep no display...but usb from keyboard works..funny.

Not funny because USB only hangs after sleep when the AMD driver causes a deadlock in the kernel's thread which is used to call the power management functions (OS X calls driver's power management functions in a separate thread in order to serialize them).

Mieze

Mieze,

but 10.10.5 program the graphic card (ports) right. The 7350 (5450) is also programmed right in 10.11.6 and wake up works. Every Radeon needs a binary injection, like it does in linux. It is possible when Apple clean up they are upgrade / replace that parts. https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Radeon(Hardware detection). 

GFX1@0 -> ATY,bin_image

By the way the 6870 wake up with usb keyboard - in my office with 10.10.5, before upgrade to 10.11... :-)

Mieze,

but 10.10.5 program the graphic card (ports) right. The 7350 (5450) is also programmed right in 10.11.6 and wake up works.

I'm trying to tell you that the AMD driver may hang power management completely but fixing this issue doesn't also fix the USB problem. You'll have to fix it separately and it's best to start with the USB problem.

Mieze

I'm with you. I see the different parts to fix. little bit lazy to fix usb this moment. I will lake a look at the graphic card this time...usb is easier i thing ... hunt my self ....

Checked the out configuration of the FrameBuffers and all the same, only IOFBDependentID has changed (10.10.5) from 0x100000186 to 0x100000183.

Ok Correct my self. OS X works with the right ports. my funny injection can change to the correct resolution and hot plug works in the same way as 10.10.5.

Why I struggle with the ports when os x can do it right for me....*lol*

Do you have acceleration, is the AMDRadeonX4000.kext loaded ?, so far i know all AMD cards wake up without the AMDRadeonX4000.kext.

No acceleration, but the wake works, at least for me.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

We'll probably have to wait some more time, when Sierra is released hopefully the RX480 will be fully supported with acceleration.

When this is the case we will know if wake really works, because as wern apfel mentioned, currently every AMD card can wake, when X4000 (or X3000 for older cards) isn't loaded.

No acceleration, but the wake works, at least for me.

I've read somewhere that you have a black screen with the loaded X4000 kext, but if you have access via VNC, you can let the PC sleep and wake up to see if it works.

I've read somewhere that you have a black screen with the loaded X4000 kext, but if you have access via VNC, you can let the PC sleep and wake up to see if it works.

Right, i'll try that

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

In my case the PC would not respond via VNC, after wake, and would shut itself down after a while.

This is because the Kernel can't finish the wake and hangs on Graphics. When Graphics times out the PC shuts itself down.

And even when it would work over VNC, you still won't have graphics on your system, so you could only work over VNC, which is kinda crappy, compared to normal working on the machine.

In my case the PC would not respond via VNC, after wake, and would shut itself down after a while.

This is because the Kernel can't finish the wake and hangs on Graphics. When Graphics times out the PC shuts itself down.

And even when it would work over VNC, you still won't have graphics on your system, so you could only work over VNC, which is kinda crappy, compared to normal working on the machine.

If you've tried it with the card from your sig. then it is the known behavior. What i want to know is, if the RX 480 will wake up with the X4000 kext loaded.