HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

I managed to fix my audio, i had to go way back in 2016 when Jaymac helped me with his DSDT and i added what i needed to it in order to get audio to work.  The only thing is, the layout is swapped.. Audio works when internal speaker is selected. That's better than nothing because i just needed vanilla sound without using voodoohda.. I'll post my dsdt and config and kexts folder for anyone willing to give it a try. 

Keep in mind im running a Radeon 6450 and not an Nvidia gpu so you might have to change that in config.plist prior to using.

z400_CLOVER.zip

On a good note my machine is now rocking 20gb of ram along with 480gb SSD dual booting with Windows. My only gripe is the machine always seems to reset itself with this checksum message. I changed the CMOS battery and still no dice. The only good thing is, machine boots into Mac OS normally without having to chance anything in bios. But I want my wake from sleep to work and those are the only issues I'm having. Here's a picture of that stupid message.
IMG_9547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Room,

Anyone prepared/able to share their EFI folder running Mojave on a working HP Z800.

My setup:

HP Z800, Dual Xeon X5570, 24gb RAM, Asus Radeon RX 560 GPU, SSD HD Sata0.

Please also advise what I need to change using Clover Configurator.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi am try to install high sierra
HPZ800
intel xeon X5675
Nvidia quadro 4800
ram 32gb
hdd 1tb
I want clover file ufi
use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] high Sierra select Clover UFI (R) Legacy Boot ???
Plz Help me...

54521295_2600710753333630_5652198848689340416_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 9:33 PM, Rockey12 said:

For Z800 user my dsdt u can use as reference i have attached my dsdt +Config.plist + kexts for clover

For working Audio i have Attached all the related files u have to put into System Library Extension

if u are really interested in native power management u have to read carefully this thread

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/196771-ga-ex58-and-ga-x58a-dsdt-native-power-management-modifications/

For macOS High Sierra Clover Files.zip

Audio AppleHDA+other 2 kext.zip

Hi Rockey, thank you very much for your files and your help. I have installed 10.12.6 on my z800 as I need Sierra for a project. It is all woking as it should, I used your files as reference to modify my own Config.plist.

The problem I have is that the USB ports don't work properly. I have done research and it seems that my DSDT needs to be patched for the USB ports to work normally. I have seen some people delete AppleHPET.kext completely but I don't think that is necessary. If possible could you show me how to patch the DSDT I would really like to learn how to do it.

When patched, would this DSDT work for High Sierra as well?

Attached are my config.plist and my DSDT extracted with F4 in clover.

Thank you again for your help.

Archive.zip

5 hours ago, Rockey12 said:

your patched DSDT if you want you can fine tune but if it work you can leave as it is

Patched DSDT .zip

Hi Rockey, thank you for your help. When I copy the patched DSDT into my ACPI patched folder the system won't boot. Attached is a photo. If I remove the DSDT it boots normally.

Thank you.

IMG_20190412_110838.jpg

Hello guys, 

I have HP Z420 Workstation, Intel Xeon E-1620v2 CPU, ATI Radeon Sapphire Nitro RX570 4Gb GPU, 8 GB unbuffered ECC RAM. My 24" monitor is connected to GPU with DVI cable. 

I am running the latest Clover (Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS) with Whatevergreen and Lilu kexts. My primary OS is still MacOS Sierra because I can't install Mojave. RX570 GPU works perfectly in MacOS Sierra. I am wondering what I am doing wrong, RX570 should work OOB in Mojave, but I get a black screen and can't get to installer screen. What could be wrong? Why is my GPU working in Sierra and not in Mojave? It's the same Clover and kexts. I've tried all different SMBIOS, without any luck. I can also see people run the same GPU without any problems in Mojave. Frustrating.

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 18.15.04.png

On 4/13/2019 at 12:32 PM, Rockey12 said:

give this a try the only usb part is patched

Patched DSDT only USB.zip

Hi Rockey, thank you for your help. This DSDT gives me the same KP. I think it has to do with my config.plist not liking the DSDT.

I am going to start over, at this point I need a fresh start. I will report back.

Thank you for your time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I wonder if this workstation is still worth the price of around 500 €

1x HP Z600 Workstation CTO Chassis
1x NVIDIA NVS300 512MB PCIe Graphics Card(to exchange with mine rx580)
2x Intel Xeon X5675 6-Core 3.06GHz
1x 1TB 7.2K SATA HDD
6x 4GB Dual Rank PC3-10600

considering that with almost the same price i can take the new build with i7 9700k with 8gb of ram

the use will be video editing with fcpx and 3d maps rendering in windows

Edited by freek

1 minute ago, Rockey12 said:

its  your choice  if you want to spend 500 Euro but if you have two much mony you can spend on me

:) no I have not :) im thinking to upgrade my hakintos in sign beaucause i need it..so the base 6 core do not seems a good upgrade :(

On 6/14/2018 at 7:58 AM, kif.007 said:

Hi here are my files hoping that this can be useful.
Installation with Clover 4522.

10.14.zip

apfs.efi_10.14.zip

DSDT.aml

config.plist

https://www.dropbox.com/s/415vdq7i505opfw/EFI Z400 Mojave.zip?dl=0 folder EFI

I tried your packages for my Z400 but the installer wont even load, i constantly reboots the mashine.

My config 
HP Z400 

Xeon X5650 6core cpu 

32GB DRR3 non ECC ram 

Samsung 256GB 830 PRO SSD

32GB USB 2.0 drive Mojave installer created with 

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 9.2

Can yoy help or shed some light on why this can be happening

Hi 

I have a z800  with 10.13 6 high sierra and i would like to update to mojave for test.

my setup 

cpu 2 x 5670, 48gb ram, rx580 gpu 

Can you help me i would like an Efi folder 

Thanks a lot

6 hours ago, Rockey12 said:

i don't know for which purpose do you want to use the machine for 500 euro you can get HP Z820 from Ebay Germany

I don't want to spend 500€ , but the workstation I found good enough for update mine(without waste of money), was the one with the specs I write up..I  found others workstation cheapest, but with less ram and other cpu (2x 5650) and as you said this soket are 10 years old....Im thinking about stay with mine, and wait better time to update..tnks again

ps..the cheapest z820 from Germany are 649€+shipment :(

My z400 wont even boot the usb drive 

Have created a clean one on a new snadisk cruzer usb drive 16GB with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 

After that i tried the suppield dsdt file, still no go on booting 

tried the legacy boot loader

but still no booting 

Any one an idea what i can do

On 12/1/2018 at 1:47 PM, robertr said:

So I have my Z800 (mobo in a Fractal Design XL case) running pretty well except for built in sound.

I'm really no expert in these things as I don't fiddle with it much, I just use my computer.

I installed the "Audio AppleHDA+other 2 kext.zip" files in S/L/E of my boot drive but nothing happens (I have audio enabled in bios).

Do I need some Clover config or something in addition?

I'm not using DSDT.

Mojave 10.14.1 and Clover 4784

Z800 with 2x Xeon X5690 CPU's
96 GB RAM

Samsung SSD 950 PRO boot drive

Radeon RX 580

Firewire, USB, Ethernet, etc all working.

can you please share the  DSDT config and files

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 1:10 PM, PPCnostalgic said:

jaymac. Is Mac OS X 10.14.5  your only HD into your Z400? Do you experience random boot failures? (stuck at Apple logo and forced restart)SystemInfo.jpg.3b3131815255aa052d089254ec10013f.jpg

I have 5 hard drives including two with Mojave. I have Win10 on one drive. I dual boot. Every install since High Sierra has been problem free. I only have to install an older kext to get my WiFi to work. Even power stepping works. I do not use NullCPU. SMBIOS is IMac 13,2

Edited by jaymack

On 5/24/2019 at 1:10 PM, PPCnostalgic said:

jaymac. Is Mac OS X 10.14.5  your only HD into your Z400? Do you experience random boot failures? (stuck at Apple logo and forced restart)SystemInfo.jpg.3b3131815255aa052d089254ec10013f.jpg

I have 5 hard drives including two with Mojave. I have Win10 on one drive. I dual boot. Every install since High Sierra has been problem free. I only have to install an older kext to get my WiFi to work. Even power stepping works. I do not use NullCPU

Other.zip

ssdt.aml.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

config.plist.zip

• Like 1

Jaymac. Thank you very much for sharing your files. I've just made an USB Clover stick with your settings and kexts, I couldn't use your SSDT because I have a different cpu but I'm looking forward to check out my machine with those files. I'll leave the USB plugged in my Z400 for somedays and see what happen, I hope to get rid of my random boot failures with Mojave stuck at Apple logo....

BTW I too had to install old Atheros kext to make my WiFi card work and it did work but the machine didn't sleep. Now I'm using Ethernet cable and sleep works, although if Apple Mail is launched sleep doesnt' work....

Does sleep work on your Z400 with WiFi card and Mail launched?

Again thank you for your support!